you couldnt stop sinning if u wanted to..

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Because your dominated by your sin nature. In actuallity it would be ab normal for you to not sin
    test
  2. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

so why are we punished for sin?
    test
  3. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

troll god
    test
  4. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

pretty sure you could
    test
  5. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

So much for being created in god's image...

#Allofchristianityishypocritical
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

The only unforgivable sin is unbelief. All other sin is forgivable
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

Ur spirit is like God ur human nature is not.

However all things were in unity with God until the fall
    test
  8. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

So that's the justification eh.

Pretty thin excuse, I'd say. The problem with trying to distinguish (and, to be clear I'm just humoring the idea of the spirit, for the sake of this thread), the "flesh" and the spirit is that god is all knowing and all powerful.

God knew that the fleshy bodies we have, would be a disaster and horrible conductor for the more righteous nature of the spirit. Even a stupid deity would have figured to simply design a physical body that works in more perfect harmony with the spirit. That would not affect free will, but allow it to be easier to connect with your "true nature". That would allow with connecting to god and resisting temptation.

That fact that the human body is so prone to failing, would entirely be god's fault. Not so intelligent design, eh?
    test
  9. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

^^^what he said

the thing that bothers me the most about your statement BP is when you say the only unforgivable sin is unbelief. lets start with your original statment that began this thread....

"you couldnt stop sinning if u wanted to..Because your dominated by your sin nature. In actuallity it would be ab normal for you to not sin"

its 2012. Wouldn't you say with all we know it would be normal to be in disbelief about many things? for example jesus, for hundreds of years americans never questioned that jesus was white, now its common practice to consider that he was most likely not white.

it is also common practice to disbelieve most of what you hear. we are dominated by nature to feel disbelief because of the fact that all humans lie and the media twist facts for their own benefit. this is common knowledge. this is a sin? no. if it is, then its only humans being human
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

Nah. Theres no excuse for walking with God and blatently disobeying him. Adam knew because he was told by God he would die if he ate of the tree. And thats exactly what happened he died spiritually meaning he was seperated from God. In the bible its the second death that occurs when an unbeliever dies, complete seperation from God.
    Right now we are seperated from God but have access to him thru christ. Jesus came to reaffirm a way of connection, a direct line between heaven and earth.
    Which is also the reason jesus is called the last adam by God. Because he was sent to reestablish the dominion adam gave away.
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

Now in terms of our design it was designed perfect in communion with God. We were never ment to be seperated from him which has corrupted what was perfect. But being born again, you become a new creature. Your old nature dies and you take on a christ like nature which can then strive to be like christ. Your spirit has authority. You learn to renew your mind, u learn to bring your mind will and emotions in line with the word of God, the more you begin to do that the more youll begin to find it easier to avoid living in the flesh , control your emotions, youll begin to want to become more christ like which will make it easier for you to do. You learn to not be a slave to sin and to bring your flesh into subjection to your spirit.
    test
  12. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

.....free will?
    test
  13. TheBigPayback

Test it out. Try and not habitually sin for a week.
    test
  14. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i think you can

just like you can quit smoking
    test
  15. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

But if people stop sinning, then the catholic church will go bankrupt....

[​IMG]
    test
  16. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

I garauntee i can stop sinning no problem, and so can many many other people. Probably the majority of the world could if they tried.

if you give in and sin thats you not putting any effort in. It has nothing to do with an inability to not sin. Its a choice. But if someone decided, and i mean actually decided to never sin again. Im sure they could be quite successfull. Tons of people do it daily right now as we speak

if god thinks im an idiot, then fuck him.
    test
  17. reggie jax

maybe i wasn't clear. my question is how does free will fit into this equation? we have free will which is why we can be held accountable for our sin... yet we couldn't not sin if we wanted to?
    test
  18. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of people who live without sin every day

BigP doesnt give man enough credit.
    test
  19. reggie jax

i think to understand his stance you have to consider just how extensive the christian definition of sin is. correct me if im wrong but i think even thinking about doing something wrong or looking at a woman with lust is a sin in christianity. by that definition, i doubt there's a single person who lives 'without sin.'
    test
  20. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Of course he doesn't. That's what Christianity is. Declaring mankind sick from the get go and offering the only cure. You, as a human being, are broken (oh reary?), Jesus is the only way to be fixed!

/justsellindatsnakeoil
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.