You could actually feel Wand wanting to stomp and soccer kick during the fight

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Sabbath, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

wish the fucking ref could look the other way for old time's sake.
    test
  2. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

[​IMG]

y*** kondo moment - the ropes + the cage would've = greatness.
    test
  3. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

lmao..he actually threw one, but luckily(for bisping) he had got up just in time to catch it to the body instead of his head.....
    test
  4. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

bisping has to stop going straight back
    you'd think he woulda learned against hendo

but yeah a few times i thought silva was gonna catch em hard well he was down with a knee/kick
    test
  5. Lost Soul

Lost Soul Guest

he almost let a couple off.. its hardwired in his head..
    test
  6. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

One thing I've noticed with Silva is that his killer instinct is so strong it kinda leaks through his pores and gives you a primal buzz. I think that more than anything is responsible for his undying fan base, because even in the world of fighting and ko artists, that's actually pretty rare. It's basically Silva and Tyson.

If either one of those guys were to swarm on someone in the middle of a jungle or a pride of lions, the animals would back the fuck up.
    test
  7. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

Yeah. Ironically it's the same mistake Silva himself made against Vitor Belfort where you run into the cage with nowhere else to go taking punches. Silva was begging for a straight right but I think Bisping lacked the confidence to throw it.

Oh, and I'm actually surprised Bisping didn't catch Wand a few times getting to his feet with some knees. Silva's always been good at scrambling to his feet, but it's mostly because he takes risks defensively. Same with Chuck. (watch the shogun and rampage fights, Chuck was instinctively trying to scramble both times.)
    test
  8. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

He should have soccer kicked Bisping, it probably would have made Bisping quit MMA
    test
  9. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

Definitely did not expect this to happen, AT ALL.

I knew it was a possibility, but I didn't think I'd ever see such a sharp Wand again.

Boy was I mistaken.

Hopefully, he stays at that weight...
    test
  10. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

agreed.. bisping was sharp in that fight, looked on point, he coulda beat a lot of middleweights that night and silva was able to do his thing better then i expected, and i wanted him to win. cant wait to see him again at 185, wonder whos next
    test
  11. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

akiyama unless plans change.

I gotta give akiyama the edge. All of Yoshida's strengths (minus the gi), very tough chin, plus decent, powerful striking.
    test
  12. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

i agree with this. not just because he's my favorite fighter. something about his style affects me unlike any other fighters when i watch.

its a very primal feeling. its like monkeys getting all riled up by seeing 1 other monkey get violent. i mean i got other favs that i get hyped for, but its not the same.

he's one of the very few who literally raise my heart rate & get that angry shaky stomach feeling as if i'm fighting, just from watching his fights. the axe murderer is so damn fitting.
    test
  13. DahStoryTella

DahStoryTella knowledge of self

IMO Wand = best killer instinct/fight finisher (when someone's rocked) in MMA.

185 def looks like a great fit for him.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.