You can't out-train a bad diet

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by zyclon B gas, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

No matter what anyone says, this is what it all comes down to - how you eat.

I'm sick of seeing all the commercials about different workout programs and machines and blah blah blah where they show people who are ALREADY in shape doin moderate exercises like "do you want tight abs?" then go to the testimonial where the person is like "it's great!" with the "results not typical. individuals worked and maintained a steady diet" disclaimer in size 0 font.

Then when people get the machines and realize this shit is fuckin hard work they get discouraged. When they don't see results after just 30 days they get more discouraged, and finally, when they don't see any results period they give up.

Why? Because the programs don't emphasize that EATING RIGHT is the ONLY way to realize true gains during a workout. You can't do 20 minutes of p90x and then eat half a pizza, a burger, drink 2 sodas and have a bag of chips and think you're gonna see any results. Shit takes dedictation and the willpower to not just "go on a diet" or "lose a few pounds", but to actually change your whole lifestyle - i.e. everything about the way you're living - in order to truly live a healthy and well life where you will see losses and results in the time alotted if you stick to your goals.

I swear there should be required reading with each program that says "THIS WON'T FUCKIN WORK IF YOU DON'T PUT DOWN THE BURGER AND EAT RIGHT!".

Anyway, that's my rant.
    test
  2. DahStoryTella

DahStoryTella knowledge of self

Haha, good shit. To be honest, I don't even workout mainly for results anymore. I mean, they matter to me somewhat, but I find it to be fun. I see it as a hobby, not something I feel I'm forcing myself to do to get an ideal physique.

You're right, though. I hear people saying things like they could get a six pack if they worked out, while they eat their unhealthy foods. Like I've said before, just seeing stats in some food make me want to eat them less. I might go out to eat on occasion (Recently had a Smitty's breakfast, great), but that's about it now.

Great point about how most program infomercials don't even mention eating right. They just say, ''do this, you'll see results'' for the most part. I believe they're trying to sucker people who are desperate with not so much knowledge (my fitness/health knowledge isn't good at all, don't get me wrong) into just believing in something to help them get to where they want to be.

With all of that said, I definitely wouldn't see progress if I had McDonald's everyday or some shit.
    test
  3. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Burgers really ain't that bad.

The problems are excess sugars, and excess carbohydrates, which the body turns into sugar.
    test
  4. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

unless you're havin 85/15 or better lean meat, then burgers aren't good for you on a consistent basis.

any time you have red meat, it should be the leanest cut you can possibly get.
    test
  5. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah prince with 1000 enemies

agree

the biggest problem with the athletes I coach isn't how hard they're working, it's their diet
    test
  6. Diasick

Diasick this guy

seen this contest they where doing proving this.. on the turbulence training youtube channel
    test
  7. sniper007

sniper007 New Member

eat your vegetables children, not trying to be condescending or anything, it's just the plain truth if you dont have vegetables in your diet, unless ur genetically gifted, its going to be very hard to get that lean look.
    test
  8. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

pretty much^

broccoli>>>>>>>>>>>>
    test
  9. Orange407County

Orange407County Well-Known Member

my biggest fight is the sodas/fastfoods/BEERS lol

ive pretty much cut out soda to maybe a couple a week... cut out energy drinks 2 months ago..

i might eat fast food once or twice a week :-/ and i hate myself doing it lol, but the beer man... i cant get away from it.. ive cut down a lot, but on the weekends i drink some beer, and football season is coming up so.. its gonna be a struggle for me
    test
  10. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

hhahaha i know what you mean. it's hard to get away from beer, but i look at it like, instead of having a cheat meal, i'll have a few beers and be good.

sodas, blegh. i can't drink them much, if at all anymore. beer is hard to give up, but whatever. everyone has their vices.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.