You are the product, you must sell yourself!

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by antbeatz, Jun 11, 2013.

1. antbeatz

antbeatz Member

[​IMG]

Did you know that now in 2013 is the best time to be a recording artist? You have it so good right now and might not even know it. All you have do do is learn to sell your product, which is you. Major labels aren't needed anymore like how they were back in the day. Maximizing the most out of social networking sites along with the right marketing strategies on and offline is really all it takes to get yourself out there. Mac Miller for an exapmle, he is signed to and independant label (Rostrum Records). His album "Blue Side Park" debuted at #1 on the US Billboard 200 chart with 140,000 albums sold the first week! As of August 2012 it has sold 344,000 copies, all without a major record label. So yeah, don't ever think you "need" to be signed by a major label to be successful, you really don't. And they know that. But you do need a team and a budget to work with to push your music.

Selling Your Product
    First of all its important for you to understand that you are an music artist, and it is extremely beneficial if you go deeper into your craft. Second, you must realize that you are a product in a sense, and everything that comes from you is a product. A&Rs jobs are to seek and find talent, then sign them in order to make money off of them. Like I said, you're kinda viewed as a product. And your consumers are the people. Everyday people that have everyday problems just like me and you. Now selling is something completely different. How good the product is has nothing to do with selling. Selling is all about building relationships. People buy things because they want or need them, but their final end decision is based on their relation to what they want but more importantly on WHO is selling the product.
    CONTINUE READING...
    test
  2. D Funkdafied

D Funkdafied D-Funkdafied Music

test
  3. King-Vis

King-Vis Buy Any Beats Necessary

Nice post.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  4. John Braun

John Braun New Member

Great article! I absolutely agree with it! Thank you for sharing;)
    test
  5. Put it in my Mouth

Put it in my Mouth member

I've been saying this for years, a lot of you failed "musicians" waste energy/time selling your music without understanding that you need to sell/promote yourself before anyone is gonna care enough to want to listen or even purchase your silly song. I'm really surprised as to how many people can't grasp this concept, instead of working smart you're working hard, that's a complete waste of time.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  6. Majestic1990

Majestic1990 Peace and Love

Good piece bro. Its definitely better and less stressful to soft-sell instead of forcing music down peoples throat
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  7. antbeatz

antbeatz Member

seems like were all on the same page, hell we should all push together...
    test