You Aint A Real Producer If You Use Reason Or Fruity Loops.

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Nivek One, Jun 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nivek One

Nivek One Might Fall Out If He Crys

Yo, I Met This One Guy Downtown He Was Selling His Demo/Cd, So Of Chourse I Went Up And Tryed To Sell Him Beats. I Had A Cd Of My Shit To. He Was Like Yea I Like It, I Want A Couple For My Other Album Im Doin. So I Gave Him My Number A Told Him To Hit Me Up.

The Next Week He Hit Me Up And Said He Want To Come Down And Check Out More Shit. I Told Him I Could Meet Up Some Were Or At His Studio/Home Because I Dont Let People In Side Of My House I Dont Know. So i Did Sold Him 2 Beat For $50.00 Each.

The Next Time He Hit Me Up To But Some Shit I Told Him To Come Down To My Crib. Me And My Cuzens Have Our Own Crib And Some Ones Always Here So Fuck It. He Came Down With His Boi. I Was Showing Him Some More Beats I Just Made When His Boy Started To Talkin Shit.

This Is My Set Up My MPC 2500, TTX Turntable, KORG TR Rack, And MT4 Connected To REASON 3. . Reason Is Like The Last Thing I Use For Sounds Because I Mostly Use The Tr Rack.

He Was Like Lets Leave Because You Aint A Real Producer If You Use Reason Or Fruity Loops. How Could You Sell Beat If Your Useing Reason and You Got Fruity Loops On The Computer. He Started Going On How Real Producers Dont Use Reason And No Matter How Good The Beats Sound There Going To Be Whack Because Im Usein Reason. I Guess He Started Talkin Shit Because He Produced The Last Album His Boi Made And Hes Boi Was Buying Shit From Me Now.

I Was About To Fuck Him Up But His Boi Shit Him Up. He Said Sorry For His Friend Tripin And Got A Beat From Me Then They Diped. He Been Comein Back Buying Beats Here Or There With Out His Friend. I Dont Know What His Friends Trip Was Maybe Because Hes Fuckin Whack And NoBody Buys His Shit. But What You Think About That Shit.

Do You Think YOu Could Be A Real Producer If Your Useing Reason Or Fruity Loops?
    test
  2. SuperPlex

SuperPlex SuperPlanet

He sounds jealous that's all. From his point of view, he's probably associating the term "producer" with pro tools, a few sound modules, sound proofing, purpose built booth, etc - he was probably expecting a professional studio set-up. When he saw your set-up he used Reason as an excuse to put you down, in his eyes you're a beat maker. He sounds like the type of person that's really competitive, always looking for faults in other producers. He's jealous because he thinks you're stepping on his toes by providing beats.
    test
  3. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

what an idiot
    test
  4. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

you should of said "tell dat to Scott Storch or Timbaland"

dat might of shut him up...
    test
  5. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

although that is stupid as fuck i kinda understand where he is coming from.. do i agree? no.. but i know when im on the streets and a mufucka tell me they produce and then they say "fruityloops" i automatically think its some wack ass bullshit.. and everytime i have been right.
    test
  6. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

Tell that nigga I said shut the fuck up.
    test
  7. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

Of course nobody on here will agree. Only old school heads and young heads with no clue think that.
    test
  8. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

lol if u really gotta question if u can be a producer w/ reason or fl u should stop now. there are much more difficult decisions than that one. Tho I do kinda agree u sold him some beats and that was the end of it that is just a beatmaker a producer would atleast attempt to help put a song together. Dont mean u cant make good beats w/ fl or reason but it does mean that u will have to hear a lot of bullshit from other heads that u wouldnt hear if u just copped a Triton lol
    test
  9. DJ Blackout

DJ Blackout Paper Chase

fuck him...Like I done said a million times before (okay maybe not a million...but enough)

heat is heat no matter where its made...it all depend on the producer and the sounds...not the platform...

I still say 9th wonder got some hot shit (fruityloops)

and Storch and Tim always had hot shit (Reason)

I wouldnt never knock another niggas hustle...we all tryna eat...what I look like knockin you cuz you gettin cake...if niggas is feelin it like that...I'mma support you cuz you on the same grind as me...

tell that nigga fuck off...gotdamnit...
    test
  10. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

blame it on the wack niggaz constantly endorsing either/or
    test
  11. Internal Quest

Internal Quest New Jeru Stand Up

if you make beats on pots and pans and record it 2 track to tape and this shit is hot...your a producer
    test
  12. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

test
  13. Ray Digga

Ray Digga NeosulOSkoolAbstrkHipHop

Jealously breeds envy, obviously your client knows what he wants and was willing to bring that guy to network and build, but thats his loss. If it was my house, he would have been out on the street before he finished his sentence. You dont disrespect a man in his own house.

-Digga
    test
  14. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

If anything he shoulda said you're not a real beatmaker. You don't have to touch a single key or pad or button to be a producer. You can't even get mad when people say stuff like that cuz its obvious they don't have a clue as to whats really going on.

Plus, he produced his homeboy's whole last album and now dude is copping beats from you. He's gonna have hate in his blood. As I always say, you only knock the process when you can't deny the product.
    test
  15. diabolic

diabolic beats for the streets

its kinda funny because if anyone mentions a computer doesnt matter what program ur using its wack to most people out here,

Recording Vocals nobody Cares u aint using a big Akai dps24.Computer recording is accepted everywhere.

But when sombody say they use a computer to make beats i myself think they some lil wack ass fruity loopers or Reason Heads and dont even take them seriously thinking they be a waist of time.

And im using FL and E-MU PK-6 Making Fuckin Bangers and still dont take most people serious when they mention a computer for making beats with there shitty lil soundblasters

But I Found me My E-mu MP-7 Command Station

And bought a E-MU XtreamLead Rom

And Using My-E-mu PK-6 for Keys and As my Midi Controller

Hoping to Fill Up Both my MP7-and PK-6 with all four Roms over the years
    test
  16. diabolic

even tho Software is very very capable gotta Have the Real Deal .....
    test
  17. phrakshun

phrakshun New Member

in an interview dre admitted to using reason 2.5 lol, can't be all bad then
    test
  18. diabolic

got a copy?
    test
  19. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

reason has some really nice stock sounds...
    test
  20. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

id say that man is jealous

lol @ i dont let people in my house tho thats funny

i mean its rational jus the way it was worded lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.