You 36 and you still rapping?

Discussion in 'Emcee Hookups' started by CORMAGEDDON, Mar 29, 2013.

1. nO gOoD!

nO gOoD! Life Music :: Press Play

Just because somebody writes music/lyrics doesn't mean they want to, or ever had the intention of "making it"

hollywood ass muhfuckas. shut up
    test
  2. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

qft.

I do that shit cus I enjoy it and if I make a tune that one kid say "that shit spoke to me", like some music has done to me, I feel I've made it and been able to give something back.
    test
  3. nO gOoD!

nO gOoD! Life Music :: Press Play

qft? enlighten me on that accronym please
    test
  4. antilluminati

quoted for truth hehe
    test
  5. Raprehistorian

Raprehistorian Rap is Food

I started rapping back in high school when I was 16. It was mostly tame freestyle for fun shit, but quickly became more technical with writing and recording by the time I was out. I stopped rapping at 22. Now I'm 30. Sometimes I do envy cats that still rap at age 30+, and other times I don't. My passion died a long time ago. Listening to rap music is something I'll probably never stop though.
    test
  6. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Just got invited to several martial arts championships from different disciplines. I'm about to do a few things that have never been done in karate capoeira aikido shaolin kempo and Tracy Kenpo this year, before the summer's done.

Gonna return to the rap battle arena, been gone for too long. Trying to get some time to spit on camera some wild bars too.
    test
  7. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

test
  8. Jai-Z

Jai-Z Bangem, Jai

Yup. Ive been on that long road n a short period of time. I jst recently started having this desire to battle rap seriously last yr. All I do is advance incredibly at a fast rate n a short period time. I usually nvr txt battle to win only to brainstorm, but recently since writing more whn I have serious txt battlez wth my URL, QOTR, KOTD and etc peerz, Ive been taking it seriously.

Whn I 1st started, I had no idea what I was doing and jst thought it was fun to talk shit on ppl.

But ever since my desire grew, my intellect and technique elevated.. tremendously!

So yup, I got wiser wth age and finally getting propz from niggaz n the game today for my writing.
    test
  9. DethStryque

that about sums it up
    test
  10. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

I been doin this forever ima be doin this forever an I long since past the point of he's dope for a white guy to just he's dope. Someone told me I'd be sick if I was a purple alien so yeah I was there too. Trust there's more famous female rappers then white rappers. Now if it ur a white female rapper hang it up
    test
  11. DethStryque

I think there are clearly far far more famous White male rappers than there are female rappers...worldwide. But not on the North American rap scene, depending on how you define "famous". Point blank? Kingofthedot alone has more D- list niche rep White male rappers with name recognition in the battle leagues than there are female rappers in QOTR, and if we expand from there...no contest.
    test
  12. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

You two argue too much. Lol
    test
  13. DethStryque

Agreed. I think we squashed it though
    test
  14. Final Chapta

Final Chapta End of Story

iont even write anymore
    test
  15. antilluminati

Depends what kind of hip-hop you like. Seems for some reason the best street rappers are predominantly black and the best conscious alternative rappers are predominantly white. Social predisposition? :p Female rappers seem to go in either direction regardless of skin pigment, go girls ^^
    test
  16. DethStryque

I think guys like Kweli Black Thought Mos Def Rakim SHAD Chuck D KRS ONE Common Gift of Gab and a whole army of other Black rappers would have a problem with not being annointed as the leaders of the best conscious alternative rappers. Deservedly so. Because they are.

I agree about the girls, though. Go girls.
    test
  17. DethStryque

By the way...one of you "forever writin forever spittin" people need to step up and battle me. Hell, I'll even give dat dude Kross a rematch. Whoever wants to Deth to Stryque them, step up. Good luck.
    test
  18. antilluminati

Common as well. Tho Sage Francis, Buck 65, Cage, Eyedea, Slug, Aesop Rock, El-P and a whole lot other rappers classify more as alternative conscious.
    test
  19. DethStryque

What is "alternative conscious" to you?
    test
  20. antilluminati

eclectic, experimental, fusion and stuff ^^
    test