Yo, wtf is up with Anderson silva???

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by OurSin, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wanderlei Sabba

Wanderlei Sabba The Strats Murderer

dominated definitely shouldn't be in quotation marks. Didn't you see Maia's nose and eye? bold that shit next time.

why he gassed? can't say. maybe his cardio's just shit, maybe the stuffed takedowns, maybe the surgery caused him to train too cautiously,

but he gassed.

Maia would never have that much success standing against anderson at 100%.
    test
  2. Wanderlei Sabba

I actually feel this one was different, especially from the bout with Leites. In the Cote and Maia fights, it was clear that the dude could finish his opponents on several occasions.

I kept expecting him to pop up from his goofy taunts all roy jones like and drop maia, but it never happened.

I won't pretend that I have all the answers, because I don't. I stay on the dude's jock pretty hard, but it's hard to deny that something's a little off. Sometimes it's almost like he wants to destroy MMA main events.
    test
  3. Wanderlei Sabba

ugh. i see this bullshit on sherdog too.

Silva did nothing for two rounds. Maia did nothing for four. I like Maia a lot, but he deserves no props for this fight either.

Dude should've shot for takedowns during the taunts... ANYTHING.
    test
  4. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

So wait? Your saying Silva should risk getting Knocked out and go engage maia when he's running around doing nothing, but Maia gets a pass and doesn't have to engage when silva does it? lmao

Silva's the fucking champ, why should he be chasing to KO anybody they should be chasing to take his fucking belt..lmao

LMAO @ respect to maia, he fought scared the entire fight till the last minute
    test
  5. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Wait he's mad at the first two rounds? wtf......that was exiting and entertaining as fuck..lmao

wow
    test
  6. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I can't believe people are making excuses for Anderson. Anderson's never been known for being in amazing shape. He ends fights fast. His cardio sucked. It was obvious he gassed. I know he gassed. But off what!!??! He didn't do much.

And even when he "dominated", the only REAL shot he landed on Demian was the knee. Everything else wasn't all that powerful. Only reason his eye shut was because his nose broke and he blew out of it. And how hard it is to break someone's nose? It doesn't take much pressure. As much as people were saying Anderson looked amazing or dominated SOOO BAD in the first two rounds, watch the fight again. I've watched it about 7 times now. He didn't do much to damage. Even the spinning back kicks didn't do as much damage cuz Maia was moving back for most of them. Spinning back kicks do the most damage when someone is moving forward.

He was beating him but it wasn't "dominating". He made it look flashy and it made Maia look stupid but he never HURT him outside of one leg kick and the flying knee. HE'S WEAK FOR NOT GOING FOR THE FINISH!

Seriously... Fedor and GSP are ahead of him in the pound for pound list. And yes, he got his head clocked by Maia in the fifth round. And yes, he did run most of the 3rd round, a lot of the first, and all of the 4th and 5th. TERRIBLE.

Can't believe he would treat someone like Maia like that. Shit is pathetic.

It would be no different for Demian Maia to say: "STOP BEING A PUSSY AND JUMP INTO MY GAURD!" WTF is the difference? Demian's not going to throw frantically against someone with MUCH BETTER STAND UP just like Anderson isn't going to go into the guard of someone with MUCH BETTER GROUND GAME. It's not that unfeasible. People have to stop being naive... If he was THAT DOMINATING, he'll jump into Maia's guard AND STILL BEAT HIM. Just like when Fedor jumped into Nog's guard and pounded him out without getting subbed.

Fedor is still #1 and GSP is #2.
    test
  7. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

WRONG. When Anderson was doing his taunts, you can see how all his weight was on his front leg and he was about to spring up for a flying knee. He was luring Maia in to come up and hit 'em with the flying knee but Maia wasn't falling for it. That's why he ain't go in. It was all a set up.

And no... Maia chased for rounds 4 and 5 and Anderson straight ran. Demian never ran to that degree. And on top of that, he still held the center of the ring for most of it. The bullshit is that Anderson is the BETTER STRIKER! He's supposed to finish Maia in the stand up yet he fought like the tentative scared fighter.

If his stand up is THAT GOOD (which it is) and THAT SUPERIOR (which it is), he should be able to go after Demian and finish him. THAT'S ON ANDERSON SILVA. Not Maia. Maia's not expected to go chase and throw flashy crazy punches. THAT NEVER HAS BEEN HIS GAME AND NEVER WILL BE. This whole fight was on Anderson. Demian tried and was obviously outclassed but Anderson was not impressive whatsoever either with the exception of a few strikes.
    test
  8. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

WRONG. Silva actually had Maia trapped a few times and still didn't do anything. And last time I checked, Maia held center of the ring for more of the fight. Anderson rarely chased him down with the exception of his few rallies. AND AGAIN, ANDERSON IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE BETTER STRIKER. Demian is SUPPOSED TO BE TENTATIVE AND CAUTIOUS. JUST LIKE ANDERSON WAS CAUTIOUS AND TENTATIVE TO GO INTO DEMIAN'S GUARD.

And Silva's supposed to be a pound for pound great. YES, HE'S SUPPOSED TO FINISH FIGHTERS. You think people haven't ran from Fedor? Be f'real.

And no... Last time I checked, he took center of the ring more than Anderson. He wasn't gonna engage first but AGAIN: HE'S NOT EXPECTED TO OR EVEN SUPPOSED TO.

That's like a pitcher with a respectable fastball that throws 95 mph being called a bitch for not challenging juice up Barry Bonds with fastballs down to middle and expecting him to get him out. NO! You don't do that. You pitch around him and walk him if you have to. You make Barry beat you... You don't beat yourself and challenge him like that. He's obviously the superior of the two in that aspect.

AGAIN, when Anderson had Demian down... Why didn't he jump in his guard then? SAME CONCEPT!
    test
  9. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

just watched the fight again, Demian maia was pathetic, i don't see how anderson gets that much shit when he's forced to fight guys that run away for 5 rounds.

Anderson gets a warning when he practically begged maia to throw a punch for 4 rounds..lmaoo...

I mean seriously, maia attempted maybe 5 punches total the first half of the fight......

Anderson is allways going to look bad against people who won't fight him, the challenger should be chasing the champs belt not the other way around.

lol @ people cheering for maia, cause he finally decided to through a punch in the last round.....
    test
  10. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

WTF? I watched that fight like 7 times now. Anderson looked just as pathetic. HE KEPT BEGGING DEMIAN TO SWING YET HE STOOD THERE AND DIDN'T DO SO HIMSELF. Even the commentators were saying: "If you're that much better, it's time to finish it." Sorry, but you're making no sense right now. If he REALLY wanted to force the action, he woulda forced it with strikes... NOT TAUNTS. Taunts don't finish the fight. STRIKES DO! If you wanna really hurt this du', HURT HIM! You're supposed to be that good, right? GET OUTTA HERE WITH THAT.

That's what Anderson did for the last half of the fight. AND? And again, who's supposed to be the elite striker? BOOO! Terrible argument.

WRONG. You fight to your strengths and not the weakness. And if you're claled the greatest or pound for pound best, you're supposed to at least make an attempt to finish the fight (WHICH HE DID NOT EVEN ATTEMPT TO DO). If Jordan said: "I'm playing the Clippers tonight so I'm not gonna score or do anything..." Would he be considered the greatest? AGAIN! Get outta here. Anderson's tryna build his legacy. He's not doing a good job whatsoever.

No... It's because EVEN THO' ANDERSON IS SUPPOSED TO BE A BETTER STRIKER AND THE "MUCH BETTER FIGHTER", he still had the heart to go after him. Anderson didn't do shit. HE LITERALLY RAN AROUND THE RING 3 TIMES IN A ROW in the fifth round and two times in a row in the fourth round. GET OUTTA HERE! Anderson was an embarrassment to the sport.
    test
  11. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Cause it's a fight, why jump into somebodies guard when you don't need to?

I've never seen fedor fight a guy who never through a punch or even attempted takedowns, Silva's fought 2 so far

Silva stood there for 30 sec's with his hands down begging this guy to through a punch. He could of shot for a takedown or anything, nigga was scared shitless.

lol @ maia getting props for his "gameplan" of doing absoluetly nothing for 4 and a half rounds

Silva's a counter puncher, he'll allways look bad against guys that don't want to fight
    test
  12. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

lmao, dude you been a A silva hater from the get go, lol @ anderson looking pathetic the first half of the fight

"Man this is like the part of the movie where you go , this couldn't happen in real life" - Joe Rogan about anderson silva first half of the fight...

Silva don't enjoy beating up cans, give him some comp so he can get motivated
    test
  13. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

To beat them up on the ground. Duh. Fights are finished on the ground just as much as they are standing.

Hmm... You must not have watched many Fedor fights. People have little backed off into the corner while getting pounded on. Anderson had opportunities but didn't go for the kill.

Fedor has JUMPED INTO NOG'S GUARD, avoided subs, and pounded him.

So Anderson was the shit because he stood there, begged someone to throw a punch, but didn't do so himself, yet he's supposed to be the shit now? hmm... Last time I checked, Anderson is supposed to be the better striker. So he NEEDS Maia to throw a strike to beat him? Hmm... Sounds weak to me.

And Anderson did practically NOTHING for 3 1/2 rounds. Good one. The better, superior fighter. RIGGHTT... The "pound for pound best fighter in the world..." RIGGHHTTT.

WRONG. Silva's a great striker PERIOD. He's proven that in the past. He doesn't ONLY counter. If he has someone at the ropes, he goes for the kill. LATELY? NO! He's getting Roy Jones Jr. syndrome and scared to go for finishes cuz he's scared of getting clipped and knocked out on a freak punch. At least that's how it looks each and every one of his fights. He only seems to want to strike when he has to because someone is coming after him. For someone of his caliber, he should be doing A LOT MORE THAN THAT. Especially against a "novice" striker than Maia is.
    test
  14. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Umm... Destroy the "cans" and make them look so bad that Dana will give you good fighters. Duh... So Jordan said: "I'm tired of playing the Clippers. I'm gonna only score 10 points this game and look shitty and still expect to be respected!" FUCK OUTTA HERE.

I'm not a hater. I call a spade a spade. If he was impressive, I'll say he was impressive. HE WAS NOT THIS FIGHT WHATSOEVER. That's your ignorant miindset trying to use reverse psychology to make your argument seem better. Being a hater has nothing to do with it. I've disliked fighters and given them credit where it's due.

If you think Anderson Silva (supposed to be the best striker in MMA) running around the ring literally in circles to the point where the ref had to call a timeout and threaten to take a point away (first time I've seen that in the UFC) is not pathetic, YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MMA.
    test
  15. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Read above post

You mad

argueing with somebody who been hating since the get go aint worth it
    test
  16. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Read the above posts.

You're ignorant.

Arguing with somebody who doesn't know shit about MMA isn't worth it.
    test
  17. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

[​IMG]

Anderson silva >>>
    test
  18. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

anderson is a girl, sorry to say...

hes one of the most talented fighters in the world hands down, id never argue that, but by round 4 i was backin maia.. and ill probably back whoever he fights next, he needs a loss to wake up the silva from fights like silva vs leben.. franklin vs silva.. thats the silva i wanna see again.

shit he showed a spark vs forrest

i dont go with the maia should engage argument.. maia fought how he should have, if i was him i wouldnt of even TRIED to strike i woulda bided time looking for a takedown.. nobody goes in there against the p4p best, considered the best striker, and try to fight him standup its just stupid.. of course he was forced to, clearly he wasnt ready for that he expected he'd be able to get it to the ground.. so yeah he went 5 rounds of blindly trying to strike with silva.. you cant expect much more, why should he be stupid and run in and get knocked out? its not like he hasnt seen silva footage where everyone who comes forward goes down..

and the taunts didnt help at all, people saying get em during a taunt.. honestly at that point it added to maia's fear, silva was having no trouble and putting it in his face.. having that happen in front of millions will destroy your self-esteem.. people seem to forget how much that can effect a fighter.

i do agree though that dana needs to give silva someone else.. maia was more than a handful for silva IF it went to the ground, but being it never did and silva is good at dictating that fact it turned into amateur night. if dana wants an exciting fight and to see silva pushed he either needs a very dominate wrestler who can get a takedown on silva, or someone with great striking who will have no fear in engaging silva on the feet. thats what it comes down to, why keep putting people like leites and maia against em? we see what it turns into everytime

ps: since the fight was announced i was firmly behind waiting another month or 2 and throwing him chael sonnen instead, i think he'd give anderson more of a fight. chael doesnt seem scared at all, i think he'd either get a takedown and then we'd see how the ground game would go or he'd get knocked out trying, which is exactly what we all want to see. i used to wanna see maia vs silva.. then marquardt put him away in one punch.. lost his spark for me
    test
  19. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

REAL CREATIVE. Moron.
    test
  20. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I agree with the majority of what you said, but ANYBODY can get clipped and dropped. 9 outta 10 times if Maia and Marquardt fought again, it wouldn't go that exact way. I'm not gonna say the punch was luck but it can go either way. There's a chance Maia could do that to Marquardt... These are professional athletes throwing punches here...

But I do agree we need a wrestler. I've been saying that. I said that's why I was scared about this fight because I was worried about how Demian would get the fight to the ground.

Palhares would give Anderson MAJOR problems. VERY VERY good wrestling and even better jiu-jitsu. I think Anderson would be nearly scared to fight Palhares. Especially cuz if he got mad, he's not letting go of that heel hook. I dare him to taunt Palhares. Next thing you know, he's laying on his back screaming in Portuegese in agony! hahaha... I'd love that (especially after this bullshit Anderson pulled).

I respect the shit outta Anderson's stand up. I still think his ground game is VERY suspect. I still have Fedor and GSP as ahead of him in the pound for pound. And I think what he did against Maia was a disgrace. He should have honestly lost points in rounds 4 & 5.

The article on Yahoo broke it down the best, IMO.

Unrepentant Silva makes mockery of sport - UFC - Yahoo! Canada Sports

Just TERRIBLE.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.