Yo who yall think is the "greatest producer alive"

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by AkaaJay, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

Hitmen was just a name for badboys group of individual producers... he still calls them the hitmen and they have added subtracted and readded.... neptunes were the neptunes before the hits... as well as the other groups... the hitmakers was just puff ways of saying my producers make hits...
    test
  2. Stackin$$$

Stackin$$$ New Member

test
  3. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

Mariah - Say Something will be out on video soon
    Gwen Stefani: Hollaback Girl
    Snoop Dogg: Let's Get Blown
    Snoop Dogg: Signs
    Snoop Dogg: Drop It Like It's Hot
    Nelly: Flap Your Wings
    Omarion: Touch
    Pharrell's "Can I Have It Like That"

not hits
    Beanie Sigel: Don't Stop
    Robin Thicke: Want To Love You Gir
    Slim Thug: I Ain't Heard Of That
    Slim Thug: Like A Boss

album cuts
    T.I.: Freak Though
    5 songs on Slim Thug
    Mariah Carey: To The Floor (feat. Nelly)
    Lil Jon & the East Side Boyz: Stick That Thang Out
    Snoop Dogg: Perfect
    Snoop Dogg: Pass It Pass It
    Fabolous: Young & Sexy
    Fabolous: Tit 4 Tat
    Nelly: Play It Off
    Jadakiss: Hot Sauce To Go

no matter if you like the songs are not... in my estimation they had 6 hits in the last 2 years.. I thinking in terms of billboard..not personal.... 6 hits is not falling off... I know neither just blaze or timbaland has 6 hits..or lil jon

and when you have your own album coming out...it stagnates your production for other people... aka kanye has not had not produced too many songs with other people since his album came out...
    test
  4. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

give me a month or so

shit i even got joints with e40 an too short comin out

[cooljoe]

holla, holla at me.
    test
  5. Stackin$$$

Stackin$$$ New Member

Id def consider 6 in 2 years fallin off when you had more than 30 on the billboard charts the previous 2...thats like goin from a Diamond Certified album to a Gold album

If you check www.soulsystem.it
    Youll see Kanye did 25 tracks during 02 and 03 that made the billboard charts when he was recording and had College Dropout coming out

Jermaine still managed to produce 4 Big Mariah, and 3 Bow Wow Singles all while droppin his own album (with two mroe singles) last year...
    test
  6. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

yea thats the site i was looking for

I said 6 hits.. not tracks produced... the site is not working now but when it works i check it ou
    test
  7. Stackin$$$

Stackin$$$ New Member

Any track that hits the Billboard top 40 is a "Hit"
    test
  8. L.O.R.D

L.O.R.D RawKey Productions

WELL, Technically then JD had

We Belong Together - mariah carey
    Shake It Off - Mariah Carey
    U Should've Known Better - Monica
    Burn - Usher
    Confessions Part 2 - Usher
    Fresh Az Imiz - Bow Wow
    Gotta Getcha - JD
    Its Like That - Mariah Carey
    Comin From Where I'm From - Anthony Hamilton
    Charlene - Anthony Hamilton

thats like 10...

and timbaland

Who Is She 2 You - Brandy
    I'll Be Around - Cee Lo
    Headsprung - LL Cool J
    I'm So Fly - Lloyd Banks
    Ludacris - The Potion
    Put You On The Game - Game
    Dirt Off Your Shoulder - Jay Z
    The Jump Off - Lil Kim
    Pass That Dutch - Missy

im sure theres some i missed but i think thats like 9
    test
  9. Stackin$$$

Stackin$$$ New Member

I was talkin just 2005...comparin that he did more in one year than the Neps have done in 2...even with his own album comin out...;)
    test
  10. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

Dirt Off Your Shoulder - Jay Z
    The Jump Off - Lil Kim
    Pass That Dutch - Missy

were past the mental date i was using... but I see what you mean....

but based on how i was doing it...

Who Is She 2 You - Brandy would be in my not hit list
    I'll Be Around - Cee Lo... maybe the best beat on the list but not a hit

so by my count 4 ...but really i need to see real billboard numbers to really say what is what...
    test
  11. (( Ozone ))

(( Ozone )) t-t-t-t-toxiq

TIMBALAND

hands down

no producer has ever consistently blown my mind, track after track, like Timbo has
    test
  12. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

name 3 ppl keepin the west alive..........i'm simply sayin ya'll niggaz aint bangin on the US all at once like the south is

and i aint from fuckin NC or SC so all that shit aint got shit to do wit me....
    test
  13. MAD SKREWS

MAD SKREWS Dear Mr.Toilet, Im Da Shi

Said Premier at first, then I realized why I make beats and why I have the sound I have....

TIMBALAND!
    test
  14. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

i dunno man i remember in 03 &04 when Kanye and Lil Jon was on everyones song and the neptunes werent even a thought
    test
  15. cryptik DoMiNioN

cryptik DoMiNioN self-explanitory illness

to repeat what people have been alreaedy saying.. i'd say timbaland.. all those 96-98 hits or whatever years it was.. fire from aaliyah.. fire from genuwine.. fire from missy.. fire with him and magoo.. he was untouched.. and then dre is nice too.. chronic was nice.. but i don't know.. its something about timbo.. and yeah.. just blaze makes hot beats.. but timbo's on another level..

vote: timbaland
    test
  16. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

I actually need to look it up..... but if it was kanye an lil john the neptunes was prob 3rd...

But I agree with the timbaland... he is my all time favorite producer.. I think he changed the game more than any other producer.... When One in a Million came out .. old producers was rolling in there grave.....current producers were rolling in there grave.... the song was so sick at the time and the fireflies in the background... what...

then... big pimpin, get your freak on, hey papi, Raise up....what... and I left out all the old joints..nothing out sounds anything like it

and is that your bit*h which was suppose to be on vol 3 but they put it on memphis bleek on it..... but he should kept the orginal without him
    test
  17. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

I mean are we really talking producers or Beatmakers? You cant really name a Just Blaze or a Kanye west if you talking producers just because you cant really name one artist that these producers have molded or shaped a long lasting career for. You have to mention folks like Dr Dre and JD because they build artists that have lasted for a while. JD is more consistent with droppin hit songs, where as Dre is more consistent with building legendary artists. Many of the artists that once made JD tons of money no longer are relevant to hip hop, however the same cannot be said for Dre(see snoop dogg, 50 cent, etc). Dont get me wrong Im not callin 50 cent a legend, he got 10 more years before I can even consider him for that shit. But folks like a just blaze, alchemist, kanye, lil jon, Battlecat....these folks are dope beat makers and musicians but they arent dope producers cause you cant name one artist that they have shaped.
    test
  18. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

^ I think your list has 3 different level of producers in my eyes

just blaze and kanye
    lil jon
    alchemist and battlecat

I would not put alchemist and battlecat in the class of the other 3....b/c they may have 4 hits combined.... although i like both... they dont have too many hits

and on your point these days there not too many producers that shape artist... and about 50 going ten more years... jay-z has only been out for ten years.... reasonable doubt came out in 1996.... not to compare him with biggie or tupac.... neither was around for 10 years.. but thats besides the point.... and Timbaland did not shape any rap artist career... neptunes only have one artist that had one cd... so no one shape anyone career except dre..
    test
  19. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

^if thats the case I wouldnt put Just blaze in the same category as a Kanye, cause Kanye is on a different level in terms of production and song completion than Blaze is. Blaze just makes beats, Kanye is a writer and has more of the neccessary tools to dictate a hit than just blaze who must depend on the artist to complete his production
    test
  20. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

^ Thats true too
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.