Yo who yall think is the "greatest producer alive"

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by AkaaJay, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stackin$$$

Stackin$$$ New Member

The whole first album with Puff failed...didn't do as expected...then JD did "Nice and Slow" and "U Make Me Wanna"...boom album Sells a mil in the first month....multi plat after a year...

Confessions album dropped...Lil Jon single...went platinum in the first week....didnt do as good as his previous albums...wasnt until "BURN" and "Confessions Pt 2" that it reached his former sells....then re-released it with "MY BOO"...WENT DIAMOND

For the record...I consider R Kelly a better R And B producer...J.D. is better at the "cross-over" joints that could go either way...

If my memory is correct..."Money Ain't A Thang" hit radio only a month or two after Vol 1 dropped...your crazy if u dont think it didnt help Vol 1 hit double Plat...

Even when the Vol 2 Album dropped...they WERE STILL playin "Money aint a thang"...even after the "Can I Get a" video came out around new Years...they WERE STILL playin it. You just can't deny the power of that single...
    test
  2. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

thats what happens when u piss seattle off. we ruin ur career hahahahahah
    test
  3. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

Rkelly, Dr Dre, JD and Just Blaze. I cant pick just one I dig all of their stuff. If I had to tho Id go w/ the Doctor
    test
  4. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

Didnt do as expected... it was not expected to do to much... he was 14... who buys 14 year old rb records... and he had 2 good cuts of the lp...
    .. His second cd was with JD with my way, then 8701 did about 4 million (off topic... did anybody hear the song pop the collar he release in about dec. of 00 and it was so bad.. and the cd was supposely horrible and he went back and re-did the lp and dropped 8701) Then it was confessions....

Money aint a thang dropped on a soundtrack before vol 2 then included on vol 2, not volume 1... volume 1 was sunshine, Streets Is Watching, cough up a lung where I'm from marcy son aint nothing nice... and who you wit (which came out on a soundtrack Sprung before vol 1 dropped.... Also I'll be by foxy came out before vol 1, so jay-z was a few hits in the game before vol 2 came out... which did the big numbers and carried him to where he is now...
    test
  5. Stackin$$$

Stackin$$$ New Member

I was talking about Radio Video...it blew up not too long after Vol 1 came out...then came out officially on an album a few months before Vol 2 on Jermaines "Life in 1472"

But hey...let me ask u..where u from?

Cuz here in the South...people didnt really bump Jay like that back then...I'd compare him back then to how Fab is now...he has a couple hits...but not many people down here care for him as someone on the East would...feel me?

About that "14 yr old RNB" comment...what is your opinion on B2K? Over 10 Million albums sold and they only existed for a year and a half.
    test
  6. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

thats funny...because i dont.....last time i checked the producers really makin noise is ones from the south.....they arguably got the best beats out right now

sad to say it, but NY fell off and they aint gonna come back no time soon.......i think NY got weaker shit comin out than any other region on the map right now......discounting the west because they still cant get themselves together to be a contributing factor as a whole......
    test
  7. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

I am saying I'll be was a hit both ways... sunshine was a hit too..so was who you wit... that is true about life in 1472...b/c i have the album... i would not give vol 2 to the money aint a thang song... i give it more to hard knock life... but it did get people ready for the album.... but jay-z did that with every album... he was really the first to drop 2 singles before the album came out.... but he use to use soundtracks etc.
    test
  8. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

I think the problem with ny is everyone is trying to be 50, everyone changed they game and try to do what 50 did (mixtapes and is doing with all that gansta etc... ) when it comes down to it... whoever dominates the clubs dominates rap for the most part.... look at badboy, even death row... Everyone in ny have beef... and I like ny rap better than any region.. .but they need to step up

but then.. on the other side you can say whatever producer was dominating = what region dominates.... ny only has just blaze and he has not been producing any single's/hits

in addition there is also alot of stale old talent... guys in there 30s like busta etc that holds back the younger guys... b/c there only room for so many people in the industry
    test
  9. Stackin$$$

Stackin$$$ New Member

(@ Medicinals Previous Post)

I see what u sayin. yea my post was a lil off...but u get the Gist of it rigt?

whether you enjoy his music or not...can you honestly say when its all said and done JD wont go down as a legend? I put him on a higher level than Dre...Puff...Timb...or Neptunes cause consistency....longetivity...and just off how many artists careers he started or helped stay afloat.....qualities of a GREAT producer
    test
  10. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

i agree but... as in number of hits... you have to put the neptunes up there... I guarantee they had more hits in the last 10 years than any other producer/s... especially the last 5 years.... the last 5 years..no matter what other producer was hot... the neptunes was always #1 or 2 on hits.. lil jon, neptunes.. jd neptunes... just blaze - neptunes... kanye - neptunes.... I think they have been more consistant in making hits with JD up there...
    test
  11. Stackin$$$

Stackin$$$ New Member

Well I dont really think you can consider cats that only started makin hits 6...7 years ago (Like Neptunes...Kayne...Just Blaze) "The Greatest" ...you never know they could fall off just like Premier,Rza,DJ Quik,Teddy Riley,Pete Rock all did and 10 years from now only be the subjects of discussion by timewarped internet producers trapped in the twilight zone....nahmean?

They may be legends, but by no means can you consider them "The Greatest"
    test
  12. 7thHorseMen

7thHorseMen New Member

Shut that dumb shit up dog , like there ANYBODY from NC or SC making any kind of noise on the radio?

name somebody from that state doing somehting? petey pablo?

E 40 shits on every rapper that ever came out of NC

case close

best producer alive is too hard to say
    test
  13. 7thHorseMen

7thHorseMen New Member

its crazy how duke think his word is like gospel or soem shit

nigga you dont know everything
    test
  14. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

I think you can b/c 6/7 years is a long time in the rap industry... Rza only made hits for about good 7 years, dj quik.. probably less than that other than that indian song when was his last hit.... now teddy riley is a different year

you have to look at the neptunes by sure the number of hits... which is probaly double kanye, blaze ect...
    test
  15. Internal Quest

Internal Quest New Jeru Stand Up

Kanye West........
    test
  16. Stackin$$$

Stackin$$$ New Member

Yea true, but the Neptunes is 2 men and sometimes other musicians...so it's only natural that they have more tracks than everyone else

Nevertheless...only time will tell.

Definition of Great
    test
  17. Stackin$$$

Stackin$$$ New Member

smh...
    test
  18. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

more tracks does not = more hits... aka trackmasters, trackboyz, heatmakers
    and every producer usually work with other talented individuals...
    test
  19. Stackin$$$

Stackin$$$ New Member

nvm...your right lol

But...the Hitmen (what...5 different people?) ruled the radio from 93 to 99...when Bad boy started fallin off...slowly the team started producing less hits until 01-02 when they just hit rock bottom, disbanded, and bad boy started hirin new producers

So do you think they will go down as "The Greatest"? Yea they did their thang for almost 15 years, was the Go To Guys for a lil under 10 years....

So I'm sayin the same could easily happen to the Neptunes...it's just too damn early to tell

The only people Id say deserve tha nomination for "GREATEST ALIVE" are the cats who been puttin it down for almost 20 years...have proven their consistency for more than half of that time...out of that only Dre, JD or R Kelly deserve that right?

Over the past two years...how many major hits have the neptunes had in the past two years combined? Only a fraction of what they had in 02. To me it looks there fallin off and will meet the same fate as many b4 them...but what do I know? They could bounce back like Dre did after 97/98 with that weak Aftermath album...only time will tell.
    test
  20. LCD Beats

LCD Beats TYME President

DR. DRE

Honorable Mention: DJ Quik, Neptunes, Timbaland, Just Blaze, Mannie Fresh (no particular order)
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.