Yo who yall think is the "greatest producer alive"

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by AkaaJay, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AkaaJay

AkaaJay Rapmusic.com's Best

The king for the rap shit has been passed around
    who do you feel is the "king of rap beats"
    test
  2. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

beats jus blaze

songs/artists/albums
    dr dre
    test
  3. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

now scott storch.... last 10 years timbaland....

But I also include how many hits you are producing in my evaluation... b/c that is the goal of the producer at the end of the day... not to give album cuts

just blaze has about 3 beats in the last year, but his stuff is always fire.. but he really has not had that many hits in the past 1.5 years....
    c.park - no
    timbaland - not that many beats
    kanye - thats my producer but I think just blaze is better... but he is in the running
    dre - not too many cuts in the past year
    lil jon - no
    swizz - I like what he has been doing in the past year... but cant give it to him
    test
  4. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

he said alive not jus in the past year lol.
    test
  5. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

alive is not the proper word... its best producer ever, or best producer now, or best producer in the last xx years

teddy riley, timbaland, neptunes.. (all from the same branch)
    test
  6. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

Lmao@ scott storch?

Man hell naw.......the only producer that amazed me is just blaze with beats like "show u how to do this" and "I really mean it" two of my alltime favorites...kanye's we are the champions minus that corny hook is another fav
    Heatmakers "I'm ready" is a fukkin classic....heatmakerz really put it down a couple years back.......then u got trackmasters killin the guitars blessin rkelly wit hits...man there's really no way to choose one producer

Errybody says dre....but I think that's just what ppl say because its expected......I only kno of 2 particular years he was killin shit and that's back in the 90s when snoop emerged and when his chronic 2000 came out....other than that....he aint that amazin to me...plus all that nigga do is add his weak ass drums and take credit......

I fucks wit just blaze the most

Havoc did an amazin job with the murda ••••• album........man I really can't name one......
    test
  7. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

just blaze is just really really good
    test
  8. eveready920

eveready920 Keep droppin it Dade

all you guys are clownin ur selfs
    r u kidding
    WHERES MARLEY MARL, PRIMO, RZA, Pete rock..
    test
  9. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

I think just blaze is a producer's producer... b/c he can sample, non-sample ect.
    However if you line up hit for hit.... scott storch kills just blaze in that department... so thats why I pick him as being the best current producer...today/ the last few years....
    just blaze was on fire(no pun intended) back in 2002, 2003 but the last couple years just been a beat here a beat there....

Like I said I put in success.... If I was a rapper or singer and needed a beat a single... I would choose scott storch way before just blaze... b/c lately just blaze songs are not blowing anyone up.....

I take success into account.... but dont get me wrong but just blaze is still crazy good if not great and I never heard to many beats that I did not think was fire....
    test
  10. qp -q to the p-

qp -q to the p- Active Member

Hi-Tek
    Havoc (older shit from Murda •••••, Infamous, Hell On Earth)
    DJ Premier
    Pete Rock
    J Dilla
    RZA
    Just Blaze
    Kanye West
    Alchemist
    Timbaland

I probably forgot some, but those are all dope in their own ways and I wouldn't say one is better than the other, too many different styles.
    test
  11. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

lol ur prolly like 16 sayin this shti cuz ur supposed to. obviously i respect these guys but its not my timeframe im not as familiar with them as i am with just blaze or somethin. cuz just blaze is in his prime right now so hes droppin new material and shit its just easier to get excited over it and shit if u understand what im sayin.
    test
  12. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

^ how old are you... rza and primo is not that far back.. now pete rock and marley marl.... hmmm
    test
  13. Blemickis

Blemickis I get computers puting

I vote Rza or Primo, but no one even mentioned Prince Paul or Mannie Fresh?
    test
  14. Blemickis

Blemickis I get computers puting

or Quik even
    test
  15. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

test
  16. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

Personally.....I'd say DJ Quik is the most talented and musically inclined producer to ever touch rap. However, his credentials and maybe even motivation may prevent me from sayin that he is the "greatest producer alive". It's too hard to judge that...it's about as hard as sayin aside from Jordan, who's the best NBA Player of all time. All producers in rap came with different styles, and had success in different ways, so it's a hard call.

As far as impact, sales, and stayin ahead of the game regardless of the year, I'd have to say Dr. Dre.
    test
  17. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

Jordan can be debated...although I think he is the bofalltime... but thats off topic
    test
  18. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

I'ma be polictically incorrect and say that primo and rza aint amazin at all.....both of these producers are trash now....pete rock is trash now

These niggaz is shawn kemps and alonzo mourning producers........I think cats just like to use them as stereotypes of great producers
    test
  19. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

^ now... of course your right.. but during there era.... great producers... Rap production has evolved so much in the last 15 years

and you can add gary payton to that list
    test
  20. Loud Enuff

Loud Enuff Loud Enuff Productions

i personally think timbo..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.