yo theres a lotta people making moves from this very message board..

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Eternity, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reign

Reign Let it...

I'd like to be a part of this, I know I aint at the level as some of you but I think I'm on my way to being so....
    test
  2. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

alright a ton of great info has been submitted.. Ive been brainstorming on this for a few hours.. Im gonna come up with somethin solid in text in the next few days..

Sindustry I appreciate that greatly. lets put it together. I'll get in contact with you as the idea gets developed and theres a structure for it. it seems that what we're gonna need online is a page with a bio, link to music, and pictures, for each producer. we'll also need an exclusive forum that only members can view & post at. here will be where deals can be negotiated. on beat sales, I believe a good split will be 70%/30% between new producer & middle man. this split will only apply to up front money and advance payments, not publishing or royalties. a real example of opportunities that come up.. is I just was hired by a major label artist in December to produce 8 tracks in literally 3 days for an upcoming release, and i had to do it on the spot or rehash an old unfinished beat. I got my boy "J" the only producer in ATL that I regularly work with, a placement on the album. I also got him a guitar-playing placement on Bone Crusher's Jive album on a song I produced that wound up having Angie Stone, 8ball and JBo of the Youngbloodz on it. so Im definetly trying to look out for my fellow people, as they have graciously lookd out for me (J hooked me up with a number of cats I now work with, including Mountain man who put me on with the outlawz and adina howard, among others). thats the same sort of idea i have in mind for this.

but the beat sale facet is more of a pro-bono aspect, as I said before. it will have regulations on every aspect to protect the interests of both the producer & the producer hooking up the situation. thats why I said I gotta come up with a sold text of everything to be included.

unfortunatley this "society" is not going to be very large, at least not at first. and we're gonna have to be patient and give it time to work. something like this, has to prove it can be trusted and has to prove that people can comfortably negotiate deals and get business done.

Id like to see this eliminate much of the need for a "manager" for a producer coming up who doesn't want his pocket gouged for the next 5 contractually obligated years..

so I will be posting the standard beat contracts I use for members, explain all the different aspects, and pose any questions I have or have had, as others can do as well.

the possibilities exponentially increase.. discuss equipment.. link up with each other if one or the other comes to town..

this society can also be an effective entity able to deal with other big entities, such as the "core Djs" or other Dj crews.. if one of our members produces a single or has a hot CD out.. we pass along the music to our affiliated DJ crews.. Djs love to get exclusive music first.. we could launch singles just out of the respect people will have for a group of accessible and respectable industry-level producers..
    test
  3. Sikknezz01

Sikknezz01 ^would fuck IceLaFox raw

LMAO... I cant fuckin wait to see how all the eager no-names in this thread are gonna react when they get denied. nikkas is all excited n shit. i honestly can't wait
    test
  4. Dick Liquor

Dick Liquor New Member

lmao.....Co-sign

If you arent big, and aint packin heat (NO HOMO), like Sho-Down, urban_tactics, or Fajor......dont expect to get in.

They should ban Fruity Loop users.
    test
  5. 7thSense

7thSense New Member

We are all each others competition, I don't give out connects unless it's to someone real cool on here who willin to help ppl, but not no random chump who don't deserve success. This kind of thing gotta happen naturally. And you think I'm giving you my beats to judge me fool? I submit beats for paydays not no thug club, and there's your title if tactic's involved.
    test
  6. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

see already i see the weak/no names, production never left they basement ass niggas tryin to get in. they just wanna leech and be apart of something. thse niggas aint got shit to contribute.
    test
  7. ral4ever1985

ral4ever1985 CHETA

when you start banning people because of what equipment they use then i think that shows that you shouldn't even have the chance to become part of this
    test
  8. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

damn sol, u puttin alot into this

good shit man.

(holds up a fist)
    the movement.
    test
  9. Sindustry

Sindustry Playgrind Publishing Co.

Sounds good Sol. Try and get at me in the planning stages, I got some ideas I can run by you that I don't wanna post here
    test
  10. Premize Prod

fa sho
    test
  11. MAD SKREWS

MAD SKREWS Dear Mr.Toilet, Im Da Shi

^^^cosign my boy Ral.. If anything.. I can say with balls that there aren't enough producers that I can count on with my hands that do it as efficient and well as RAL and I do it on fruity loops... and I don't even have a damn midi controller.. so referring to equipment as a means of distinguishing who is hot and who is not is absolutely absurd as it isn't the equipment, it's the producer..

Step ya game up!!!!

Skrews
    test
  12. SincereDaDon

SincereDaDon New Member

this looks hot fasho get at me on this aim comerdorris04
    test
  13. Sean "G"

Sean "G" New Member

lmao
    test
  14. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

if u are talking to me (I dont think u are), I meant that we can DISCUSS and RECOMMEND equipment.. I use a program called Acid Pro 4.0 that is equally as cheap as fruity loops

dont take this too far or anybody start expecting fantasies to come true. I am here to make my personal guarentee that this will not make anyones career. thats not the point. the point is for people already with careers to network and affiliate with eachother under a common umbrella, identical to coredjs.com. it will be very small at the start, like I said above, because we have to give it time to see if it can and will work..
    test
  15. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

great, expect an email from me in a few days.. soleternity@gmail.com what is your email?
    test
  16. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

this sounds interesting...i was actually thinkin about doing somthing similar with all the jerzy dudes i mess with, cause theres alot of hot producers out here...im down with it...

and yo sol, how did you hook up with finaal and them dudes for his mixtape, aint you in ATL? u did the joe budden one on thier first cypha sounds mixtape right?
    test
  17. Premize Prod

sol dont take offense i love the idea. but you dont want it to get big. why? because www.dynamicproducer.com already has that concept. they are about 700 strong. got chapters in major cities where the producers link up and put out projects and shit. organize live beat battles. seminars and all that shit.
    test
  18. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

the more the merrier.. I agree with u its not a competition.. definetly not competing with anyone to INCREASE our members lol.. besides, Ill take the top 10 prodcuers at RM versus the top 10 producers anywhere.. and no I wont name the top 10 because I dont want to hurt feelings in public but I could assemble them with ease..
    test
  19. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

some dudes called "phat fish productions" downloaded my beat from soundclick.com/soleternity over 2 years ago and sold it to them.. yes it was the budden track.. I contacted finaal's people about it (thats how I found out about who sold the track) but we haven't done any future work together. Im thinking aobut sending a beat CD up but I don't know if its worth it because I havent heard much out of grand finaal by way of album or radio single.. let me know if im wrong
    test
  20. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

aah...cause i works with them dudes...and i remember i saw on your soundlick that you said you did a track for thier mixtape...i was bullshitin with one one his managers about shit and was askin about what other producers they get beats from, and he said phat fish did one of thier joe budden tracks called 'jerzy in the buildin', which is probably the one u talkin about...ya know whats funny too, cause dude jamie (one of his managers) was tellin me that they get a shit load of beats from phat fish (like 30 at a time), and he (jamie) actually shops some of them to some A & R friends of his at universal for them...and he gets them like 5gs a pop sometimes...which makes me think that these phat fish dudes are probably cakin off other peoples shit....

but as for finaal and them, they aint got that radio play like that yet...envy just broke one of his tracks with buddens on hot97 the other week...so thats pretty big, but at the same time its kinda weird cause finaal and his whole crew are real tight with cypha sounds up at hot97, they book his shows, they at the club with him every weekend and shit, he's been hosting all thier mixtapes for free but i dont think he has played any of his shit on the air yet...and they still doin the mixtape thing real hard right now...they got 20,000 out in the streets right now. but yo they got the jerzy/nyc connects real big, they're network is real nice...thats one of the reasons we got down with them cause as we help them out with some beats they gonna help us out as far as puttin us out there too
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.