Yo... shit gets overlooked here somethin SERIOUS

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by LCD Beats, Nov 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

No disrespect but it sounds like u need to pick up a book playa. I totally agree with LCD. Some of the cats on this board have really nice mic skills but the mixes keep them from sounding top notch and then when they get negative responses they get discouraged. I feel that if ur making a full fledged project that mixing is essential in making it great. I dont feel that so much about beats because to make the project sound right ur gonna wanna mix the vocals and the beat together. So making a beat listenable to me would be ideal. And most importantly if u do not know how to mix and have no intentions on learning. And want to become the next big thing, Get everything tracked out and take it to an audio engineer or prepare for more discouragement.
    test
  2. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

best advice given on RM in a very long time. AON drops jewels daily and most of the people here either see it as over their head and ask step by step what he is talking about, disregard it kuz they have no idea what hes talkin about, or learn from the experience. Aon is the man no doubt but if nobody here has the determination to go out and learn this shit on their own before asking simple questions this forum wont get very far. This forum is a question and answer thing but it was designed to help those who have already tried to help themselves not for the people who were too lazy to try. The idea is to ask questions when u have reached a total blockage not to ask kuz u dont know the answer off the top of ur head.
    test
  3. LCD Beats

LCD Beats TYME President

test
  4. Starving Artist

Starving Artist New Member

^^.... I Suppose When U First Started And Had Questions U Were A Whining Bitch Too

I've Actually Read Up On Mixing And Compression. The Problem Is As I Said, They Use Jargon I Don't Understand And It Does Me No Good. I've Also Attempted Trial And Error And Fucked Up My Mix Horrendously For About 3 Years.

I'll Try This Tho. After I Get My New Equipment, I'll Post Up Something I Did. If Somebody Could Give Me Their Opinion On What It Needs, I'll Attempt That. This Way, I'll Know What To Add When Something Sounds A Certain Way. That Way I Won't Just Be Turning Random Knobs In Hopes Of Some Kinda Retard Luck
    test
  5. LCD Beats

LCD Beats TYME President

^^^ Nah u cock buffer... it's one thing to not know and ask questions... it's another thing to want everything handed to you on a silver platter.

I feel u on the problem with industry jargon, and I was looking for something without it at one point... then someone made me realize that you simply need to learn the jargon in order to be good at what you're doing.
    test
  6. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

^ truth. Its one thing to answer questions from someone who has attempted to find out something its another to just teach u like ur in a 3rd grade history class. The idea of these forums are for u to find ur own answers and then if u cant find it ask someone not to just ask because u dont feel like doing research. And learning industry terms is just common sense. I dont want a doctor that calls his surgeons knife "the sharp thing". this is the same thing. in a place where people are discussioning and trying to be professionals u cant dumb it down for people but at the same time if u dont understand what a word means ask or better yet since this is the internet look it up
    test
  7. Starving Artist

Starving Artist New Member

how do u figure we haven't tried??? thats a horrible conclusion 2 draw...i've been trying as i stated already, for 3 years. reading on compression, and mixing. i don't want shit handed to me on a friggin platter as if that were possible...all i ask is a question that could be easily answered. if something sounds muffled, what do i turn up. the los, the hi's or the mids. simple question. if something doesn't sound warm enough, what can i do. and if i hear one more person say trial and error....as if i've been attempting for 3 years and haven't tried. what it boils down to is you guys think it's easy for everybody...trial and error doesn't work if u don't know where 2 start. you are confusing us asking for help as we didn't attempt. wrong. we attempted and made it worse. and if u are tired of hearing us ask, instead of complaining, just don't fuckin enter the thread asshole.
    test
  8. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

come on now 3 years and u dont know a single thing about mixing? I dont attempt to mix Ive been makin workin with audio for less than 2 years and I can figure this stuff out it sounds to me like u really havent made an attempt to learn. U just come on the board and ask. But if u really wanna know how to unmuffle vocals u can usually do it by reducing the low frequencies. It still may sound muffled but usually thats how they start sounding that way from over doing the bass and creating a muddy effect. Seriously get a book. that will clear up all of the terminology and will give u a basic understanding of whats goin on. If all else fails just read the posts. I havent read a single book on mixing which is why i dont attempt it but I know a lil bit of this and that simply from reading and learning from others. After all this is the internet its not like ur not sitting in front of a million and one instant answers (http://www.google.com)
    test
  9. slvicick

slvicick New Member

200Hz
    1. Increase to add fullness to vocals. Peak Equalization with a Q of 0.7 to 1.0..
    3. Reduce to decrease muddiness of vocals or mid-range instruments. Peak Equalization with a Q of 1.0.
    test
  10. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

people who are ignorant dont learn or listen

why do u think, its about 6 or 7 months since i was posting regularly, i dip in every once in a while, and everytime, i see the same shit (my mic only records in stereo, and one side, wats a pre amp, wats the best mic for 500, wats the best mic period, wats the best vocal process, can i get professional quality with a grand, etc)

all the main questions should be stickied, and then, whenever they are asked, they should get a swift "look at the stickies" and a closed thread.
    test
  11. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

^I like how u think but it dont matter if u sticky it or not people wont look thru them lol. i see this in the producers forum all the time the answers are in the stickies and people still ask. well when there are questions anyway lol
    test
  12. LCD Beats

LCD Beats TYME President

And u show no progress?? Give up...

NO, REALLY... give up!
    What u gon' do? Kill yaself?? Good.

Once again... quit.

That's not true. This shit isn't easy at all, but it also isn't rocket science. I'm still not nowhere near as good as I need to be on my mixes, but you seem to be a fuckin idiot.

You're a dumbass.... EQ charts have been posted in these forums SOOOOO many fuckin times. I bet u never REALLY took the time to analyze them and fuck around with EQ... cause you said it takes too long and it's too harrrrrd. On top of that, some links were posted previously in this post, u need to go read those. Crybaby ho.

I made the thread cock smoker!!! And I made it with intentions of helping and educating mafuckas such as yourself. Pay attention and LEARN SOMETHING young bull...
    test
  13. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

then maybe the board should get a mod who takes action an does that shit then, cuz its higly annoying. i want to help people, and swap equiptment and mixing information, but when i come on here, i gotta dig thru the pages of shit to find actual new topics. its not worth it

edit

jus to back homeboy above me up right qwik

eq is the easiest thing in the world to do.. i didnt kno how to do it for shit.. within a week of recordin with pro tools... all i did was record freestyles over beats...an sit there an try to eq the vocals an get the compression right..so my vocals sat right in the beat. that was it. all i did was sit there an move nobs an push up levels an buttons, an see if it sounded right to me, if not, i changed it back, or tried sumthin else. either ur too afraid to try somthing with the fear ur gunna fuck it up or sumthing...an u want an easy answer (mixture of fear and lazyness) or you just dont have the ear for mixing.. cuz it shouldnt take you 3 years to grasp the concept of EQ. nothing you can do but keep working at it an trying, becuz, its not like we have the secret to eq in our pockets an were keeping it from u to make u learn it on ur own, its different for everyone, in every recording setting.. yes, it can be teached, but for one, over the internet, itd be extremely difficult, and two, we still cant jus throw you out our techniques or settings for plugins.. it wont work for your set up... there is no easy way out... either put the time/work in.. or music isnt for you... if u stil lthink it is, then get sumone else to eq ur shit.
    test
  14. LCD Beats

LCD Beats TYME President

=-*Sonned*-=
    test
  15. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

lol i wouldnt call it sonned more like common sense i dont wanna make ol dude feel dumb just lazy
    test
  16. LCD Beats

LCD Beats TYME President

Being lazy makes u dumb... and you're definitely a dummy if you're content with being lazy.... feel me?
    test
  17. Verz

Verz Dubb Duece

ok man i looked around and couldnt find "discussioning" anywhere online, so what the hell does that mean!?!? [dunno]
    test
  18. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

hmm.. well..even if it isnt a real word.,. "ing" endings usually mean, in the act of doing watever came before it.. ie: running = the action form of run. take a lucky guess at wat discussioning is..
    test
  19. LCD Beats

LCD Beats TYME President

LMAO!! You're a good man for breaking this down to him... cause I was prepared to fire a smart ass reply.
    test
  20. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

lol @ tryin to make me look dumb. ok so i made a typo. Its sad how some people will try almost anything to make u look dumb on the net atleast if ur gonna try to find a way to discredit me u should be more clever and creative about it lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.