Yo, Real shit... How many of ya'll are "Headphones Producers" ? lol...

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by P R I M O, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

Me and another producer was jokin last night about that headphone shit... I thought I was the only one...

It's a shame when niggas got hella money spent on equipment and can't even make beats out loud. I know I can't, I gotta use some fuckin headphones.

Otherwise the fuckin neighbors bangin on the wall or callin the front office on me tryin to get me written up again.

Is there a real way around this shit? this headphone shit is gay as hell cuz I got some Event TR8 20/20s and I haven't made a beat without headphones in almost a year.
    test
  2. SuperPlex

SuperPlex SuperPlanet

not even about the loudness to be honest, I just prefer monitoring with headphones.
    test
  3. Metaphoracle

Metaphoracle Blunted on the MV-8000

I rock the headphones when I'm putting beats together simply because I got shot speakers and need to cop some dope ones in the near future. but the noise ain't a problem, we make tracks til 5 in the mourning 'round here.
    test
  4. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

monitors make me wanna do more beats.

headphones kill the vibe to me. cuz its like i cant be free.. whereas them monitors u can blast and do cartwheels around the fuckin room while ya beat plays.

and the bass... i like bass
    test
  5. diabolic

diabolic beats for the streets

fuck headphones i cant get into it with them
    test
  6. Turl

Turl Producer

move or soundproof your walls is the only way round it by the sounds of it heh.. shame. its ok for me tho, semi detatched house and the room with all my stuff is on the far side of the house, away from the neighbours.
    test
  7. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

That ain't bad at all... my shit got people right in the next room

But if I had a HOUSE I could say fuck the neighbors, but apartment complexes got all kinda lil gay ass rules...
    test
  8. Brownstar

Brownstar Davadrian

I was like that when i was living in this apartment with paper thin walls.. now i don't though. I used to ALWAYS lose track of time when I make a beat, and be going at it well after midnight.. I'd get a club banger going on, then i'd always hear the walls bang back at me and i'd spend the rest of the night with headphones on or my monitors REALLY low.. lol.. once, i woke up with a letter under my door, and another i got the landlord calling me.. Ain't nothing you can do about it... i hate producing with headphones, same reasons as maestro.
    test
  9. Gamshooter

Gamshooter New Member

well i have to do everything musical in my crib in headphones, beats, listening, ect

so i have no real option, i used to let it bang out at the old place but now i cant

so u just deal with it

in got pros and cons
    test
  10. cre8tiv vision

cre8tiv vision New Member

you can get some headphones that got madd good quality. 100-200 dollars, but they got allthe bass, all the hi's ect.

i use headphones for the mostpart. havent bought monitors yet, not really too deep into producing yet to do it.

cre8tiv vision
    test
  11. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

i draft my beats with studio headphones.. do a quick mix.. then i turn on the monitors.. and tweak the leveling/mix on them.. :)
    test
  12. Young Wiz

Young Wiz Jerzy's Own

yea like turl said, soundproof the room or move.

aint much more u can do. i dont like using headphones for anything because u can't get the full effect of your mix. like with a subwoofer i can do a bassline and be happy with the volume, eq, and everything, but soon as i put the headphones on....the bass is some ass. (usually because headphones dont pick up the real low frequencies that the subwoofer picks up).

basically..headphones are inaccurate imo. but sounds like you have no choice so...get a real expensive pair haha.
    test
  13. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

^uhh ur not suppose to use a subwoofer.. b.c it'll exagerate the bass..

u want a flat response = studio monitors..
    test
  14. Young Wiz

Young Wiz Jerzy's Own

oh... didnt kno that. the studios ive been too had em, so i hooked mine up.
    test
  15. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

haha

djaycas = head phone producer.

if i wasent a scrub living at home id be blasting the shit
    i dont even got monitors which is prolly why my mixes suck
    i jus got some loud ass speakers. which make bad shit sound good. so i try not to use em.
    test
  16. 7thHorseMen

7thHorseMen New Member

I feel your pain homie , my older brother have the same problem , once 11 oclock comes around , he can't fuck with it lol he lives on the 3rd floor , so the people beneth him hear everything

where I live at , I can slap my shit as loud as I want to , and my lil brother goes to sleep with music playing , so he don't even notice

so I dont have this problem but my older brother do.
    test
  17. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

i used to be a headphones producer a few years ago...but i learned that that was fuckin my hearin up...so i had to stop that

I only use em for maybe like 10 minutes at a time, to check stuff like the panning, how it sounds in stereo, and small details u cant hear on regualr speakers
    test
  18. -Marxist-

-Marxist- wtf r u thinking

Nah, I Can't Do It Wit Headphones... So Much Shit Goes Unnoticed Wit 'em... Wen Ya Mix Wit Heads Den Go 2 Monitors, All Da Hi's R So Evident... N It Messes Wit The Perception Of Ya Ears Ta Go Frm One 2 The Utha.. IMO.
    test
  19. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

thats me too. Im just glad that my apartment manager is cool. she actually stays in my hall way and she says im one of her best tennants and i be bangin till 10 am sometimes
    test
  20. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

thats probabaly the best way to do it. that way u can mix in the day time
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.