Yo Kev Money is Better Than Illmaculate at 17/18

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by ddoc619, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL Well-Known Member

scottie I know what you are talking about I have seen it in person growing up
    test
  2. Troy504

Troy504 T. Riley-GTGA

dont feel like readin thru 21 pages

but i agree with da post about niggas in urban cities not knowing bout scribble, i think thats just west coast

I think im da only one in New Orleans who knows it use to exist and i didnt find out till like 3 years after it stopped

Same goes for da WRC, nobody in da hood knows dat shit
    which mean real niggas dont know who thesaurus is, and they know illmac as da dude who got killed by hollow/con.

Its a shame but its da truth.
    test
  3. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

when i was in HS more people would have known the artist who did the cd God Loves Ugly than the artist who did Illmatic if you asked them. Sad but true and trust me i hated it and hated atmosphere for a long time after i liked them because i was one of those kids who thought they were way cooler when nobody knew who they were.

Atmosphere is largely some emo shit that kids who are at a confusing and difficult time of their life get into because Slug is a pretty real, relatable guy who talks about some sad shit and some real shit. he's also a pretty good writer, and the producer, Ant is a really good producer who is extremely diverse, which makes up for lots of slugs redundancies. so underneath the outer layer that attracts non-hip hop heads to their music, there is good hip hop talent in the group and like scrotie says, this helps non hip hop heads appreciate some elements of hip hop that they wouldn't have otherwise

i listened to them in high school enough that i dont even follow them now. but when they dropped 'you cant imagine how much fun were having' i went and saw them in concert with a couple hot chicks from my class. i can't say that many hot chicks i know would be interested in attending many other hip hop shows which was definitely a plus.
    test
  4. mapleleaf

this is really the only atmosphere song i still bump

[youtube]zHxhvs5XoYA[/youtube]
    test
  5. AOK (Blowedian)

AOK (Blowedian) Hellfyre Club

Damn this shit is messy. Ok here we go:

Growing up in an urban area is not hiphop. It is a subject in current mainstream hiphop and apart of hiphop history. Hiphop is evolving like all forms of progressive music. The type of hiphop that "stays behind" will be referred to as "Classic hiphop" but it doesn't limit hiphop to the current and past subjects.

White hiphop artists like Slug and Brother Ali (and Eminem) are having an impact on hiphop. They are bringing hiphop to non-traditional fans of hiphop. Some of these fans become fans of more traditional hiphop artists and some don't. Some people like Kanye West and no one else really in hiphop. Samething.

Basically, it may be frowned upon but creating music that's "Fucking up the paradigm" (Sahtyre) by being of the non-traditional race that "specializes" in it, is still 100% authentic. Your fans decide your success, whether they are new fans or long time fans of that genre.

Did I miss anything?
    test
  6. Troy504

Troy504 T. Riley-GTGA

Oh also never heard of brother Ali b4 i joined this site as well, and im pretty sure no one else from my city has either.
    test
  7. scrotie

scrotie aka lil generation gap

you should show him around, hes ill
    test
  8. Jizznips

Jizznips New Member

You'd think I played for Minnesota the way your girl showing Kevin Love
    test
  9. andrewins

andrewins Well-Known Member

i used to bump atmosphere way back when. mostly Felt though (slug and murs)

the arrival and trying to find a balance are some good tracks to peep
    test
  10. TrillThugBoss

TrillThugBoss Well-Known Member

fuck atmosphere, slug, brother ali and all that other weak ass dorky shit

never heard of any of those dudes til i started posting here and im OUT HERE
    test
  11. TrillThugBoss

i tried to become a backpacker back in the early 00's by listening to blackalicious and i nearly killed myself and my pet i had at the time, a short haired tabby
    test
  12. TrillThugBoss

damn shout out to doc, tyrone, light skin (nh like fuck), and iknowall

i like what im seein, good shit good shit
    test
  13. Tricky P

Tricky P Well-Known Member

lol at OP "waiting for racists to jump in"

this forum is getting ridiculous with that shit these days
    most of the best battle rappers are black that's pretty much agreed upon around here, i don't see why rating someone like Illmac high has to classify you as being a bigot

dude's always been an incredibly gifted writer. kev money is great and his last two battles have really impressed me but i still rate illmac's old shit higher; in terms of innovation for their time periods its not really debatable in my opinion.
    test
  14. mapleleaf

brother ali has one of the illest scribble jam lines ever period end of story

the whole round is ether

[youtube]77a2Lz4qoSk[/youtube]

scribble jam should never be won by an art punk
    fuck you and the kool aid flavored blood that your heart pump
    i rock shit so hard it make you wanna jump
    broher ali treat sage francis like a punk
    yo ill battle you even in a fuckin bathroom
    the only battle you ever won was in a chatroom
    *cant understand*
    *cant understand*
    scribble jam bitch, you wanna proove that you were here?
    ill give you a fuckin footprint in your chest as a souvenier
    test
  15. andrewins

andrewins Well-Known Member

fuck i love those old scribble battles

"talk about my tape atleast i got a tape"
    test
  16. mapleleaf

i take it back this is the atmosphere jam

[youtube]V3quWP2-n9E[/youtube]

[youtube]32xV8FqH58o[/youtube]

and damn i know this specific track isnt the most 'hip hop' but wow @ how packed the new york (aka home of hip hop) venue is
    test
  17. Identity

Identity Shaq fears Yao!

Troy brown - no one gives a fuck about you. Your a dime a dozen east coast battle rapper clone. If someone recognizes you before any rhymesayers is the day gt releases videos on time.

Brother Ali dropped a classic album with Shadows on the Sun. I never heard a muder mook song to save my life. I'd sooner hear someone thumping atmosphere than a loaded lux song no matter where I'm at. I guess you're only good if your black, reverse racism.
    test
  18. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

????

troy brown didn't post here lmao
    test
  19. Troy504

Troy504 T. Riley-GTGA

I think he's referring to me

if so its mad funny, cuz i never said anything bad bout da dude i said noone from where im from has heard bout him, which is true.
    Im not hatin on dude by any means, just that in New Orleans he may have a total of 10 fans.
    test
  20. Lee Taylor

Lee Taylor Well-Known Member

I read threw all 22 pages, and there are some good points in here from both sides.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.