Yo Kev Money is Better Than Illmaculate at 17/18

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by ddoc619, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL Well-Known Member

Yall never heard there Music before? There shit is pretty good BUT THE FACT STILL REMAINS...................................
    test
  2. scrotie

scrotie aka lil generation gap

atmosphere turned a lot of my friends on to hip hop who now listen to the likes of nas, jay-z, big l, etc. they couldve liked atmosphere because they blends more rock elements than a lot of rappers, deal with more emotional subjects, or because slug is a white guy. every person had their own specific reason. regardless, their music created a lot of hip hop fans that didnt exist before. whether you can co-sign why that is or not, it is a fact

and theyre really, really popular
    test
  3. IKNOWALL

Again what is Atmospheres impact on hip hop? Your friends never listen to hip hop before ever? cmon son. Atmosphere the group has a career but what is there impact on hiphop?
    test
  4. serge dot T

serge dot T Shotgun Serge

Scribble at 17 > Anything anyone else ever does except for signing a lucrative contract
    test
  5. scrotie

can you not see how atmosphere would be a gateway hip hop group for people who werent into hip hop? slug raps about non-stereotypical topics (in the eyes of the non-hip hop crowd) and appeals to the more emotional crowd. once they start to warm up to the actual display of rapping they appreciate more rappers. ive seen a lot of people go through that, and due to how incredibly popular the music is its hard to not imagine it happening quite often

& im explaining my argument for their impact on hip hop you dont have to keep asking
    test
  6. IKNOWALL

scrotie the thing is you are full of shit. Most of these people you talk about have been listening to hiphop anyways. Hip hop is ingrained in american culture. People didnt go from slug to jay and Nas. But the people that listen to Slug sometimes also listen to Jay Nas and other artist like the Jack Johnson Black keys the Beatles ect.
    test
  7. scrotie

i know a lot of people who have done what you just said they didnt do
    test
  8. IKNOWALL

let me get this straight so they grew up listeing to no hip hop at all? is that even possible?

Then they heard slug? then they bought illmatic?

lets be real here
    test
  9. scrotie

yup. they mightve liked right thurr or something but no one was an avid hip hop fan. some people started listening to atmosphere, it spread, and then most of our school was bumpin nas, jay-z, etc. by the time i graduated

lmao i am being real, i had a different upbringing than you. its not like suburban massachusetts has cyphers on every corner

ps i liked rap before atmosphere DONT WORRY. i was basically the black panther of my freshman class
    test
  10. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

cosign with scrotie it happens to white people ALL the time
    test
  11. IKNOWALL

I think you are just full of shit to be honest. People had to be watching MTV you had cable. People listened to the radio. I grew up around the kind of people you speak of. These kids were not avid hiphop fans but they listen to some. They might have a every Dave Mathew CD and been to a ton of concerts but they have heard rap before
    test
  12. scrotie

no dude you dont know where i live better than i do. i grew up with a lot of people that were even on some "fuck hip hop" shit who are now huge hip hop fans. we had all heard rap songs, some we even enjoyed, but there was barely anyone who was an active listener of hip hop. if you had polled my freshman class about what "illmatic" was most people wouldnt have known
    test
  13. lightskintwin

lightskintwin Black Militant Racist

Honestly, you make me want to listen to Atmosphere TBH. Is there a specific song or album I should start with first?
    test
  14. IKNOWALL

See this is what I agree with. You had heard and listen to hiphop. And I dont expect some white Freshmen in a predominantly white highschool to know illmatic.
    test
  15. Blanco_

Blanco_ Pacman GotTheGatMan

Atmosphere I have heard of and not a fan of to be honest, I'm not gonna say his music is wack, it just ain't my thing personally.
    test
  16. scrotie

[youtube]xvugcOOUdJc[/youtube]
    [youtube]xaNlayKc25s[/youtube]
    [youtube]Qlr1H_iV6qs[/youtube]

"you cant imagine how much fun were having" is probably my favorite album
    test
  17. scrotie

atmosphere led a lot of my school to learning what illmatic was tho. thats my point
    test
  18. IKNOWALL

I am saying its not that simple. was there something in between they listen to or was it oh now I will listen to illmatic? what came before they listen to atmosphere? And that was your highschool. You think this happens everywhere? You admit people had already listen to hip hop.
    Its apart of growth.
    test
  19. Blanco_

Blanco_ Pacman GotTheGatMan

The "Little Man" song has some good production behind it.
    test
  20. scrotie

idk typical preteen suburban shit. and i dont know the order people took but alot of them didnt like hip hop, heard atmosphere (i remember a few kids were obsessed with "fuck you lucy") and decided to give rap a courtesy glance.

i dont think this happens everywhere. i think it happens more than you think. maple seemed to relate

no, they didnt listen to hip hop. they listened to hip hop the same way i listen to beyonce. theyre on the radio sometimes.

yea man its written really creatively too. some powerful lyrics
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.