yo how the fuck do I get a sample cleared?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Bash, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bash

Bash New Member

my homeboy is shooting a video for a track he made on one a my beats and we're trying to get a Memphis Bleek vocal sample cleared how the fuck do we do dat shit?
    test
  2. Bash

Bash New Member

the fuck? upping
    test
  3. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

well youd have to go through the publishing company
    and the person who performed the song your sampling which is usually 2 different people

find a sample clearing agency or what ever and i guess u pay them and they do it

but believe me you do not have that kind of money
    its jus a video
    aint nobody gonna die

why are they gonna try and sue you when your not a millionare

when they could spend their precious time going after huge major labels with billions of dollars
    test
  4. Afrika

Afrika Nemesis

exactly^^tru dat! No 1 is gonna come after u as long as u not on mtv, vh1 or bet shows such as 106&park, trl or any of the countdowns. Dont bother you dont need it. If you wer signed then ur label would handle clearing a sample for u and I believe u are not otherwise u wudnt be asking this question.

Clearing dat sample only takes ur money I dont see how ur revenue is gonna pay off. clearing is a pain and expensive and u might loose all the rights and publishing 2 ur song.

If you still insist on clearing this sample u could consult a lawyer(entertainment)
    and get a manager.

If any1 was to sue you theyd loose more money (legal fees and lawyers) in the process than theyl ever get from u!
    test
  5. Mr. Manager

Mr. Manager Active Member

LMAO@ the last dude's last part of his comment haha

I wouldn't sweat it either. In situations like this, they might hear it and let it fly under their radar. Then when they see it get nationwide attention they'll go after you, because by now they're figuring you're getting sync royalties and all that. and they'll want ALL of the royalities payed out for the hook(i'm guessing you used his sample for that) and that's about all. Don't worry about getting at them, if you make the single pop they'll be looking for you lol
    test
  6. Gamshooter

Gamshooter New Member

clearing that would probably cost more then shootin the whole video

unless its a seriouls video, but if it was the company putting out the video would have cleared any samples way b4 even considering a video
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.