Yet another opportunity...

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by MadVillain413, Jan 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok...as most of you already know I own a 1990 honda accord. Blue book value is about 3,000. I came across a deal almost too good to be true. A friend told me his neighbor is unloading a 1989 Civic hatchback for 1,500. Here's the kicker: IT HAS LESS THEN 50,000 MILES ON IT! Damn the possiblitys! Anyway the real question is, I've never owned a car with a four speed manual tranny before. Does the fith gear make a difference? I'm almost possitive I'm gonna go ahead and cop this after I test drive it up to my mechanic....
    test
  2. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

HeHeheheh, my good friend picked up a 91 civic for 100 bucks. Got to love crack heads with their addictions. :D

But first are you going to use this for a project car... if so that 4 spd shit won't matter. Cause most ppl swap them out for the SI tranny, which I think is a 5spd. And damn sooo many fucking things to do with such a light car like that. Even a cheap ZC JDM Civic SI engine that is a 89-91 or so, and that is what 130 hp engine, for a car that weights in at about 2100lbs. With header, intake, full catback, injectors, and depending on how far you want to go with it...like port and polish the heads, overbore the cylinders, forged pistons... all this shit for like turbo or supercharger if you wanted to add down the road. Matter of fact I would build it up, maybe with a swap, upgrade the suspension and auto-x this fucking little car.

Good luck w/ the purchase.
    test
  3. Thanx man. One quick other question: How much horse is in one of these 1.5 liter screamers? I'd guess around 90 if that on a car this old...
    test
  4. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

I think it is a 100hp with 80lbs tq.
    test
  5. TdotOG

TdotOG Deeez Sluts

haha...My buddy once GAVE me a 1990 Hyundai Excel on the grounds that he never has to see it again. He paid for it with a stolen cd deck...lol

needless to say, it lasted about 25 metres before the battery needed charging, and another 25 metres before it started to backfire. So I just left it, and it's probably in a cube somewhere.
    test
  6. test
  7. trifle

trifle New Member

damn tig, took the thread and fucking ran with it hahaha
    test
  8. trifle

trifle New Member

25 WHATS? haha j/k
    test
  9. Did some research and I can cop a 1.6 liter screamer for about 450 bucks with under 30,000 miles. Tranny's about 200 for an SI upgrade. Thanks again for the info. Appriciate it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.