YES!!! Aoki VS Alvarez is set

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by littleslimlocc, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littleslimlocc

littleslimlocc New Member

for the year end K 1 show

fuckin SIIIIIIIIIICK!!!

Hansen fights JZ too!

card is gonna be REDICULOUS!

I got Alvarez by KO late (HOPEFULLY!)
    test
  2. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

fuck that , i wanted diaz/alvarez

aoki has a suspect chin to me after the hansen loss

im afraid diaz isnt gonna get on a card before the new year and go cold, he was fighting every two months in XC
    test
  3. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

Yeah, definitely looking to be a dope card.
    test
  4. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

its gonna be a doooooozyyyyyyyyyyyyy GO JZ!!!
    test
  5. Chamberfool

Chamberfool HAhahAHahaHAhahaHhaha

why does everyone have a suspect chin when they get punched and hurt in MMA?

any chin is suspect when it get full blasted at the right angle..... Minotauro gets blasted very fight lol

now can you question his recovery time? there you go.....
    test
  6. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

fair point its probably just more of a diaz thing than anything to me

i think this fight is not as compelling, id be very surprised to see aoki win
    test
  7. littleslimlocc

aoki has the slickest subs at lightweight

its gonna be rediculous

im a huge diaz (both) fan - but lets be real

this is gonna be crazy

i hope aoki catches some z's

eddie's that dude
    test
  8. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

i know all about aoki.... im also 100% sure nick diaz would beat his ass

see nick has this thing about little asian dudes where he just doesnt fuckin lose..hes too long and too tall and strong and his jits in an mma setting is as good as anyones.... how would aoki beat him? not by KO, not by decision and 99.99% likely not from a sub

i think diaz is a better match for eddie by far
    test
  9. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I would've enjoyed that fight, but I'm looking forward to this as well.

I think Eddie will have his way and get the ko.
    test
  10. Chamberfool

Chamberfool HAhahAHahaHAhahaHhaha

I agree though about Aoki. I mean if a guy comparable to diaz and of course hellboy has enough wits about him to avoid the submission then its pretty much a safe bet Aoki will get his head knocked around for the entire fight.

the thing here is Im starting to get confused about the non UFC lightweight rankings. You got a guy like Eddie Alvarez who looks great but how impressed can you be with his opponents? how deep is the water over there to contrast his talent?

then you got a guy like Sherk or Stevenson or Florian, or even Nate Diaz.... and cuz the pol is so deep in the UFC at that weight, they dont seem to look as good as Joachim or Eddie. I dunno where I Was going with that but...... ey. anyway. I think Alvarez is going to wreck Aoki
    test
  11. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

shit dog in japan the LWs are as good if not better than the ufc's roster

in fact sherdog only has 2 ufc lw's in the worlds top 10

aoki, gomi, hansen, alvarez, cavalcante, thomson, melendez and kawajiri are all outside the ufc

eddie has taken out hansen and jawajiri already and he will take out aoki here soon... trust me, the guy is legit as they come... he would kill tyson griffin and pretty sure he would rip sherk too... but they have shorter thicker frames so i think that would be a fantastic match up stylistically
    test
  12. littleslimlocc

but also realize that YES, Nick does well against "little asian dudes" - but Aoki is not that little

he's only about an inch shorter than Nick, and he's fought @ 170 lbs before.

Nicks skin is paper thin - a match with Alvarez would lead to rediculous bloodshed, and has a serious chance of ending with a cut ala KJ Noons.

As long as Aoki keeps his head about him, he'll survive and put Alvarez in some nasty positions. Aoki has 10 submission wins, Nick has half that - 5. In terms of MMA JJ, Aoki is superior, and could easily test Diaz.

I hope alvarez ends up catching Aoki and putting him to sleep - but we're talking about a guy who has beaten JZ, Uno, Kikuchi, Hansen, Sotiropolous etc - he's not a chump. Because Hansen was able to extract revenge in their second encounter, doesnt mean the guys not a top dog.

In my eyes Aoki/Alvarez is going to be a tense chess match, the first guy to make a mistake will likely lose the fight.

Alvarez/Diaz would be an exciting bloodbath for a few minutes until nicks face nearly falls off (due to all the damn scar tissue), at which point the docs will have to call the fight. And believe me, Eddie would hit Nick, a LOT.

I like Diaz and hink he has the tools to beat both of these guys, but i think these guys ALSO have the tools to beat Diaz, AND each other.
    test
  13. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

i would love to see diaz/aoki
    test
  14. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

people dont realize how many fights nick has finished via KO

and im pretty sure hes got about 5 inches of height on eddie..probably good amount of reach too... people underestimate nicks size for his weight if he makes weight
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.