yep.. just got rid of my ps3

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by PhilNYCE, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Langford

Langford New Member

well clearly it's not enough of a difference to make most people pay more.
    test
  2. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

To me, its like...how good does a picture need to look? Who is sitting around looking at their tv in disappointment because the picture isnt crisp enough??? A DVD looks better than a film in the thearters, how close do we need to come to "real life" before we stop? The only difference between 720P/1080I and 1080p is that it will look slightly better in scenes with alot of action and explosions...
    test
  3. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

i want the best looking/sounding picture and audio possible.....i have no problem payin extra to get that
    test
  4. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

You are definitely in the minority. That's where this ends.
    test
  5. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

the adoption rate is good enough that some movies are gonna be released on bluray first......not a minority for long
    test
  6. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I'd say 5 years. There is nothing to push it forward. No company is going to limit themselves by putting it out on Bluray first. DVD has an enormous installment rate. That would be plain fucking stupid.
    test
  7. DragonAvatar

DragonAvatar Folks

You seen what happened with hd dvd players.
    test
  8. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

that was open competition with bluray....had nothing to do with dvd.....the truth is the film industry wants bluray...and thats what everyone is going to end up buying
    test
  9. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

either way a regular dvd and a blu ray dvd don't have many differences between each. the only difference i see is the sound and you need to pay a decent bit of money to be able to hear it.
    test
  10. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

your all basically saying that DVD = HDTV

thats a pretty ridiculous claim....
    test
  11. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

I have an HD TV and Bluray looks and sound noticibly different to me. It's not "blow me away" different...but you can clearly tell that you're not dealing with a standard DVD. Even when I'm playing metal gear solid 4
    ...im like whoaaaaaaa, some of that stuff looks and sounds ridiculous.
    test
  12. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I guess I grew up to the point where I am no longer impressed by looks and sounds. More important shit to worry about/invest money in.
    test
  13. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

Yep. Same here. The industry is so fascinated with the aspect of "reality". But, isn't that the purpose of playing games etc.? To escape reality....

It's almost as reverse as people saying that they want to look older...then when they get older..they want to look young again. People don't realize that the more time that you dedicate to something looking more "real"...you are losing out on the most important aspects of the work such as gameplay etc. This is clearly the reason why Nintendo is leading the game industry again. People are fed up with this reality crap. I'm not going to lie and say that I'm not amazed at how fast we have advanced technologically over the past decade..but..at the same time...as a consumer..I am angry. In the end, we are the ones who end up getting screwed over. It's the younger generation of kids/teens who think that these new products/games are "the best games ever created". Nothing could be farthest from the truth. But, yea, once you're grown Oz...none of this stuff seems worthwhile anymore..i agree. The way it's looking, this is probably the last generation of videogame consoles that I will participate in...truthfully. You're best buying a decent PC and playing ur titles on there.
    test
  14. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

so you have 7.1? i don't really visually see a difference.
    test
  15. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

Yea, it's really not THAT noticible unless ur right up on it. It's no big deal to me..I don't care. I'm not obsessed with visuals.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.