yep.. just got rid of my ps3

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by PhilNYCE, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

this has nothing to do with fanboyism....it has to do with the evolution of film...

you dont seem to get it...blu-ray wont be that expensive for that long......

dvd will die...when you start to see new releases slow down on dvd in a couple of years you wont have a choice but to buy blu-ray....

you seem to think you have a choice....you really dont
    test
  2. Vintage Tox

Vintage Tox One Hundred Percent

What makes you think dvd will die so quickly? I mean, they still make vhs tapes.
    test
  3. Vintage Tox

Vintage Tox One Hundred Percent

Actually, never mind. Noones still making vhs tapes.
    test
  4. Langford

Langford New Member

i still haven't watched a blu-ray disc yet
    test
  5. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

You answered your own question.

Blu ray is beating out HD-DVDs...

This is all.
    test
  6. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

Yes. WE do. We being the market.

which is why DVD will be here in 5 years and Blu-Ray wont.

Technology was already surpassing blu-ray on it's fucking birthday.
    test
  7. LiQuiD6

technology is always surpassing itself....thats a stupid argument to make.....the fact that you seem to think blu-ray will die is hilarious......

We dont control shit...theres an illusion of choice....you dont really have a choice once its taken away from you........the same argument your making was made for vhs.....and now everyone has a dvd player....in a couple years you wont be purchasing dvd's anymore

once blu-ray players are under 200 dollars the market penetration will be incredibly fast....it will be the new hot xmas item.....and dvd will die shortly after....Your denial is ridiculous..... People who own HDTV's want more HD content....they wont pass up at owning a blu-ray player once it becomes affordable...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3id39e104b001d5626398d58fe193e5f89

The only thing that can defeat blu-ray at this moment are digital downloads....but we are too far away from that at the moment
    test
  8. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

Too far away from digital dls?

you're kidding. We're far closer to that than thinking everyone is going to upgrade to an HD dvd player.
    test
  9. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

really? because.....what? 90% of broadband users in the US have 1 1/2 mb/s connections or less? we dont have the speeds to sustain dd....period

especially for HD movies upwards of 15gb in size.....(dont mention xbl rentals....theyre shittily compressed with terrible audio tracks)
    test
  10. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

DVD is beating Blu Ray, because the consumer is smart. Why pay an extra 10 dollars per disc for basically...nothing. Blu Ray is a better format, but its really just not enticing enough to make people spent their loot on it. Other than picture it offers absolutely nothing new.

Right off the bat, no women give 2 shits about the visual difference, only people that really care are audio/visual geeks who try and stay ahead of the times.
    test
  11. vinyl academics

lossless or 7.1 murder any dvd audio encoding
    test
  12. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Not too many people have a 7.1 setup. Not too many people care. There is too many things more important these days than worrying about that shit. I know because I used to be the type of person who spent tons of money to stay ahead of the curve in the audio/visual field. Like I said, nobody is denying that the shit is better, but its not as big of a jump in quality as VHS was to DVD for people to run out and buy them in a craze.
    test
  13. Complete Chaos

Give it time, this is the same arguement people used for VHS.
    We see how well VHS did.
    test
  14. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

DVD caught on relatively quickly and made VHS obsolete, even with the lost ability of recording video. Blu Ray is just too exspensive, the market wont pick up on it until a Blu Ray cost 20 dollars and you can get an exceptional player for 200.
    test
  15. Complete Chaos

The way I recall is it's happening the same way. DVD started 10$ more than VHS and people bitched and bitched and moaned.

I agree that it's too expensive right now. DVD was the same way.

Nothing is new, just recycled.
    test
  16. LiQuiD6

uh thats exactly whats happening.....blu-ray players are going to hit the 300 mark within the next months....200 aint far away
    test
  17. LiQuiD6

man...you have no knowledge of technology yet you argue like you do....

our download speeds are too slow to support dl hd content without extreme compression....at best we can get about 5-6gb of info for a full HD film with a shitload of compression that results in a loss of audio and video quality....that takes a long time (about 1 full day ) to download and stream at about 600kbps which is high for the average broadband user....

broadband speeds need to be increased dramatically before downloadable HD movies become standard....and that wont happen for a long time
    test
  18. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

The good thing is once Bluray does take over, at least we wont lose our entire collections like we did VHS. As regular DVDs are compatible with Bluray.
    test
  19. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

the only justification i've ever heard people say for buying a ps3 is because of the blu ray player. then i just laught because they have a terrible sound system to even make that justification. plus the damn things cost like 13 dollars more than a normal dvd and you honestly can't even graphically tell the difference between a normal dvd and a blu ray.
    test
  20. vinyl academics

yes......you can
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.