Yeezus sequel and Watch The Throne 2?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by cDensley, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

Okay, it's different. That don't mean it's good just off that.

I haven't listened to Yeezus or a full album of his since Graduation. Just don't care. Same with Jay.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  2. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

I didn't say it's good because it's different. But since is different you can rate it the same way you did with his older albums.
    test
  3. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

Co-signing.. But then again, I'm done with mainstream artists as a whole..
    test
  4. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

It has nothing to do w/ different. Yeezus doesn't sound good to my ears. Why because you don't like something different. It's cause you got it in a "normal lane". Wtf is that? Good music doesn't need a lane it's just good music. The album is terrible.

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  5. Tacky Jones

But you're talking to people who are a fan of his old work. He's alienating a good chunk of his fanbase with this experimental shit.

How many people stopped listening to linkin park when they dropped minutes to midnight?

Experimenting is one thing. But he's gone too far for a lot of his real fans.
    test
  6. Kris Benwa

Kris Benwa Grown Man Bars....

Yeezus was fucking terrible. I'd be down to hear a WTT2 though. I'd rather Kanye West never release anything else if it's gonna sound like Yeezus he had a near flawless discography before that and I don't want him to tarnish it even more.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  7. ThatsNotMyName

He don't need his fans, dude is bigger than ever lol

It's different, just because a dude put 3 dope albums doesn't mean he HAS TO do the same type of albums just because he needs to keep his fans happy. Ye is doing what he wants & I think that's awesome.
    test
  8. ThatsNotMyName

Yeezus sounded good for me, plus it had great critical acclaim. The only people that don't seem to like it are hip-hop heads who hear it with a hip-hop mentality.
    test
  9. Tacky Jones

But then you shouldn't question why his fans dint like his new stuff.
    test
  10. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

I listen to Imagine Dragons bruh. I like all kinds of music. It doesn't have to sound like hip hop for me to like it.

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2
    test
  11. Ace the Prophet

Ace the Prophet A Prophet to the Game

Realized that halfway through the thread. I was reaffirmed of it when he said Yeezus was "Yeenius"

I agree too that I don't want either to happen...I was somewhat underwhelmed with WTT, probably mostly knowing it was Kanye and Jay so my expectations were really high. Yeezus 2 would just be terrible
    test
  12. ThatsNotMyName

Okay. So I think Yeezus was good & you guys think it's bad. What do we do next?
    test
  13. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

we pray. thats it. we pray.

but seriously, like vulgar said, experimentation or not, Yeezus just didn't sound good.
    test
  14. cDensley

cDensley Member

Let me jump back in here. Yeezus, just like Ye said, is an experiment. The way I see it, you can look at the album three ways. You can look at it as a die-hard-still-stuck-on-The-College-Dropout-and-Graduation Kanye fan, just a Kanye fan, or neither. The first way, you're never going to like Yeezus. It's such an extreme change from his other albums. But the thing is, IT'S STILL KANYE. Just a different Kanye. You have to realize that since TCD and Graduation were such powerful albums, you can't expect every single thing he does to be so "good", and I say good as a die-hard-still-stuck-on-The-College-Dropout-and-Graduation Kanye fan would mean good. If you look at it as just a Kanye fan, you'll realize that it's still Kanye. Just a different side of Kanye. Everything we love about Ye is still there, just behind some insane instrumentals and voice-alteration. Yes, he's more cocky than he used to be, but he's KANYE damn WEST for fuck's sake, he's allowed to be cocky. Now, if you look at it as not being a Kanye fan at all, you're gonna be confused at first. Because it's such a change from "mainstream" hip-hop & rap.

No matter how you look at it though, I can't stress enough that it's STILL Kanye. Just not TCD and Graduation Kanye. XD
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  15. Kris Benwa

Kris Benwa Grown Man Bars....

I think because it's Kanye who has given us some of the best albums, music, etc since before his debut that we shouldn't excuse this. He knows what sounds pleasing to the ear and I can't honestly believe he thought this did shit was awful it scrunched my face up and not in a good way. Because it's Kanye that only makes it that much more disappointing.
    test
  16. Bill Stacks

Bill Stacks Corrupt Kid

your riding his nuts there was nothing amazing about yeezus, in fact i will go as far as to say that Jay's album took everything that was good about yeezus plus better lyrical content
    test
  17. ThatsNotMyName

Plus I noticed some niggas hate Kanye for being cocky, that's plain dumb. And those are the same niggas that didn't like Yeezus.
    test
  18. Bill Stacks

Bill Stacks Corrupt Kid

its not hating him for being cocky, it's the fact that it is no longer justified. He talked so much shit and then dropped a mediocre album
    test
  19. cDensley

cDensley Member

You're still focusing on Yeezus, I'm saying he's allowed to be cocky because of the entirety of his career.
    test
  20. Esoteriq

Esoteriq Worst Behavior

I heard that QTip said he was executive producing Kanye's next project. That automatically makes me excited.
    test