Yeah...Building Vocal Booth - In Progress (Pics Coming)

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Luminous, Sep 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thehobbster

thehobbster Dkaid - Point Made

Will the window not add reverb?
    test
  2. Reign

Reign Let it...

actually pro foam aint a whole lot.....its worth it to me and my shit didnt cost $600....but my booth aint as big as yours is....either way whatever sounds good mane....

check ebay and search for... studio foam...

dude on that from "foam factory" sells the shit out of his company....and its pretty reasonable prices
    test
  3. Luminous

Luminous Burbaby

no, thats not how sound works...
    test
  4. DetroitGame

DetroitGame New Member

You're high as a kite dude. Ill tell you why.

Pro Auralex foam (www.auralexaccoustics.com) is designed SPECIFINCALLY to absorb sound. What you have in your booth was designed to CUSHION a human body. Although to your hands and your eyes, it appears to be the same material - IT IS NOT. Period. Auralex foam has minuature sound pockets that are designed to reflect reverberation and slapback. The bedding you used, might work effectively in a rat cage, but not a sound booth. At least not a TRUE one anyways.

I dont knock your effort. I see you put some work into it. But get your facts straight, before I start posting links that make everything you just said look ultra retarded. I've done my homework. I know.

Also - Did you give any regard to sound dimension and get any actual demographics from a trusted sound source before designing this booth? I mean sure, its wooden box - But does the design impliment any proven plan to be effective as an isolated accoustic environment?

Not trying to come off as a dick. But honestly, you know only as much about the real procedure for building a booth as you let these people believe. Ill Wayz is totally right. If you're gonna take the time to build a booth, do it right - and use pro materials.
    test
  5. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

^^^thats more or less truth

but for da cash, he may az well jus uze dat foam aijnt like he got no ill azz quality ne wayz.
    test
  6. Luminous

Luminous Burbaby

Your post was a good waste of space...

I didn't say it was the same as your prescious Aurelex Sound Absorbtion Material...

I said it was as good as the "studio foam" that is made out of polyurethane...you know...the stuff used in a lot of studio's...

Aurelex is an advancement...not everyone uses it...and not everyone used to use it.

anyway...the 4X6 box is the standard size for a vocal booth...4X4 is the compact version...and bigger versions aren't boxes...

thanks anyway though.
    test
  7. doctah

doctah I know how to do that...

so do you have a before and after audio test?
    test
  8. Mini Thin

Mini Thin New Member

dude your booth rulez the earth!
    test
  9. Chris Wilkes

Chris Wilkes i rap better than you.

Good job man, now I got to go take shots of mine. We can have a booth battle lol
    test
  10. Luminous

Luminous Burbaby

lol...what do you think, it makes me sound different??? Its to kill the echo and reverb...thats what it did...

there would be no way for you to hear the difference unless you listened to the acapella's.
    test
  11. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

then can we peep some a capellas?
    test
  12. Luminous

Luminous Burbaby

when i have 1 i'll post it.

im not recording 4 real till the new pre gets here
    test
  13. doctah

I'm not sure I follow your logic. You did all of this to kill echos - but you're saying it won't effect your end result? WTF? Why bother?
    test
  14. Luminous

Luminous Burbaby

no, you wont notice it...that doesnt mean i dont notice it...and it doesnt mean the sound isnt cleaner...

obviously you know nothing about making music...the cleaner the original, the cleaner the end result...

What...you think that because studio's have vocal booths...thats the reason their tracks are magically spectacular???? Lol...keep learning kid.
    test
  15. doctah

On second thought - I think I will just leave this alone. I appoligize to anyone that actually read my original response - the child in my overcame the adult.
    test
  16. Luminous

Luminous Burbaby

test
  17. olskool

olskool New Member

damn man that is fuckin ill

i was havin trouble sleepin and i got that foam u got in there at K-Marta and got 10 sheets of it

shit imma build a booth
    and get some of that oh-so-good hardwood at home depot

thanks for the info man i appreciate it
    test
  18. Praverb

Praverb I breathe hip hop...

lmao Mattress Pad from Wal-Mart a measley 32 dollar investment

I went from reverb to illness God is good
    test
  19. Luminous

Luminous Burbaby

test
  20. thehobbster

thehobbster Dkaid - Point Made

I wanted to up this and ask a few questions.

I am fixing to embark on building my own booth, but I am doing the real deal with the room within a room insulation and pro studio foam, but my question is...

...without using the profoam, and the single wall, how did it all turn out? Have you had any problems? Answer truthfully please, don't lie simply because its your booth and you don't want to sound like less of a pro or whatever, this is for the learning experience of all of us.

Any problems with the way you built? What do you LIKE about it. Any kind of info since you've had this booth for quite a while, help me learn, teach me, so i can not make mistakes, and i can do whats good when i build my booth.

THANKS.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.