Yeah...Building Vocal Booth - In Progress (Pics Coming)

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Luminous, Sep 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zhar

Zhar New Member

Yo drop some blueprints "KID"....lol....

Na fo real though let me peep the construct on ya madness....peace..
    test
  2. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

test
  3. Jel

Jel BC's Finest

test
  4. Luminous

Luminous Burbaby

^^^^^^

Come to my school of audio production and sucking my dick...

HOW MANY GOD DAMN TIMES TO I HAVE TO SAY THAT THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO NOISE OUTSIDE THE BOOTH EXCEPT FOR THE COMPUTER FAN WHICH WON'T BE PICKED UP WHILE IM INSIDE THE BOOTH....

READ the god damn posts before you come in to my fucking thread and say the same god damn shit as the last stupid motherfucker who wasn't paying attention!!!!!!
    test
  5. Luminous

Luminous Burbaby

Shit dunny...aint no blueprints...lol...I built this shit from my head...it ain't really that hard.
    test
  6. eye am xs

eye am xs New Member

yo, i'm gonna build one, pretty much like that one, cept my dimensions are gonna be much smaller, so it'll fit in my room, probably 3'X5'X6.5'. but anyway, on that one wall that is covered, what type of wood is that over there?
    test
  7. Luminous

Luminous Burbaby

good question...I wanted the strongest possible wood..that was thin and somewhat light...

you can use plywood...but its so nasty..this stuff looks good right off the shelf (even though I'm gonna paint it)...

its called "hardwood" go figure - its the shit they make clipboards out of...so imagine a really fucking big clipboard...shits strong as hell.

peace.
    test
  8. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

lmao

classic shit
    test
  9. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

u r tha one not paying attention homie
    test
  10. Jel

Jel BC's Finest

No doubt man. Were trying to help you out, but your too stubbern to take our advice. If more then one person tells you to put on a real door their not dick-riding the last person, their saying it cuz its the truth.
    test
  11. DJX

DJX iTs GraVy BaBy

vocal booths are also mainly used to kill reverb...giving a 'natural' sound signal to the mic...because if you are recording in a room with crazy reverb..you just might lose alot of your input signal due to phases of wavs kiling each other....

test
  12. DJX

DJX iTs GraVy BaBy

id still just cop a door....hollow wood doors are fairly cheap man....just put foam on it...

test
  13. Jel

Jel BC's Finest

^
    Yet another person speaks the truth.
    test
  14. Chris Wilkes

Chris Wilkes i rap better than you.

Yo, I recently built a booth also. the dimentions where 4x4 I have a 1x1 pillar in the corner that stands like 4 feet high I'm coping some bass blockers soon also. If you need any kind of info holla. I do have 1 concern tho you said you build the booth out of hardwood now when I went to home depot to cop mw walls I used ply wood onthe strenth that over time hardwood has a tendency to break up, kinda like particle board I just thought UI'd bring that to youre attention. not sayin that it will fall apart. you said you constructed a frame and set studs, so thats very unlikely. I just wantede you to know.

peace
    test
  15. Luminous

Luminous Burbaby

yeah...to all you guys i was arguing with...i wasn't being stubborn...i was saying that you were saying what you heard and you weren't able to prove it to me scientifically...

if you could have proved your point...I would have accepted it...thats how it is.

about the hardwood...i think thats only if it gets wet homey...which i guess time may do it from humidity and whatnot...i dont know...im gonna paint it so that should help it out.

peace.
    test
  16. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

^^^

my last comment in this thread....

i dont think we need science, because we are just speakin common sense. and if you want to ignore that, it's just your audios that you're ruining, so i could give a fuck.
    test
  17. Luminous

Luminous Burbaby

hahaa...dog...everyone knows that if you can't fucking prove a scientific fact when speakin of the science of sound...then you don't have a point posting here...

its not common sense if you can't prove it...cause if you can't prove it, its not commonly known...

dumbass...don't act like u know shit...then say "i don't need to prove it, it just is cause i say it is" - thats some ignorant shit.
    test
  18. Jel

Jel BC's Finest

Bwwwahahahaha, give me a min to get a 'Scientifc answer' for u.
    test
  19. Jel

Jel BC's Finest

1. There are four primary goals of acoustic treatment: 1) To prevent standing waves and acoustic interference from affecting the frequency response of recording studios and listening rooms; 2) to reduce reverb time in larger studios, churches, and auditoriums; 3) to absorb or diffuse sound in the room to avoid ringing and flutter echoes, and improve stereo imaging; and 4) to keep sound from leaking into or out of a room. That is, to prevent your music from disturbing the neighbors, and to keep the sound of passing trucks from getting into your microphones. Please understand that acoustic treatment as described here is designed to control the sound quality within a room. It is not intended to prevent sound propagation between rooms. Sound transmission and leakage are reduced by using heavy walls, and by isolating the building structures - generally by floating the walls and floors, and hanging the ceilings with shock mounts. Sound isolation issues are beyond the scope of this article.

2. The rest of the article above. Please read the eintire thing!!!
    http://www.recording.org/users/acoustics/

3. Sound can travel through any medium-- in fact it passes through solids better than through air. Sound intensity is reduced in the transition from one material to another, as from the air to a wall and back. The amount of reduction (called the transmission loss) is related to the density of the wall-- as long as it doesn't move in response to the sound. Unfortunately, all walls are somewhat flexible. Any motion caused by sound striking one side of the wall will result in sound radiated by the other side, an effect called coupling. If the sound hits a resonant frequency, the wall will boom like a drum. Most isolation techniques are really ways to reduce coupling and prevent resonances.
    read the rest http://arts.ucsc.edu/ems/music/tech_background/TE-14/teces_14.html

4. http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul00/articles/faqacoustic.htm

5. http://arts.ucsc.edu/ems/music/tech_background/TE-02/teces_02.html

There's 5 articles that tell you the science.Please actually read them and not just skim them over, they will help you see the light. Please listen to people who know more about this stuff then you. Were trying to help you, not fuck you over.
    Peep the other links here if u want even more info.
    http://www.studiocovers.com/articles15.htm
    test
  20. Definit

Definit Based.

lol...that post right there is killing both sides of the argument...he's only in it for the "inside the booth" to kill the "reverb"...not for a pure blockage of outside source comming in...its more of a "reverb proof booth" not a "soundproof booth"....so basically go back re-read that last post above me n think about what he's tryina do n you'll see that it's perfectly logical what he's tryina do...for his specially designed "reverb proof booth"...and btw...he can put a moving blanket up for the door for his process..."IF" it doesnt work he can then invest more money to put on a door..."IF" it didnt come out how he wanted...i wanna see pic's of all these other booths these other guys have first of all...if you still in ya closet or in the plain room with ya comp...then ya'll can exit the thread right now...show some pic's of what ya'll got now or else what you guys argue about will be totally irrelevent n wont mean shit....

Put a blanket up for starters...if it aint what ya percieved it out to be Then you can add in the door...nah mean...you aint gotta fuckin put a door up first thing off the bat without even tryin a theory of what ya ideas have accumulated over the time of building this reverb proof booth...anyhow...insomnia has me at the toll...holla back...pz.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.