Yayo, deli, reflex people on here who box

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Deep Abyss, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Deep Abyss

Deep Abyss Becoming King

How hard is it to get into

My pops taught me the basic fundamentals wheni was a kid on how to turn your punches and how to move your feet

My hands are dope in the street but I don't know how I'd fair in a ring

I been wanting to join a gym and found some dope ones nearby

I'm just looking for another fitness regimen and just want to increase my chances of not getting mopped up if I get in a fight

Not really even lookin to start amateur boxing fights.. Just mainly training and sparring

Was it hard to start up for you all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    test
  2. Deep Abyss

Deep Abyss Becoming King

test
  3. -MV-

-MV- Banned

Deli got his nose broke sparring with a girl[not trolling] I don't think you want to ask him
    test
  4. yayo

yayo Polar Bear LaFlare

hardest part IMO is the conditioning. Getting your cardio up is hard as fuck and the most important when u start. How they going to teach u boxing if your gassing for air? or how can u spar if your dead in 30 seconds??​
    either way r u joining a boxercise gym or a actual boxing gym? if your joining a boxing gym and tell the trainer u dont want to at least fight amateur they are not going to pay much attention 2 u, why would they waste there time with someone they cant build with??​
    it's great, sparring is scary at first but fun at the end, great cardio.​
    there is nothing u should be scared or worried about, join it n put in work.​
    test
  5. Deep Abyss

Deep Abyss Becoming King

Word?

Well I guess I will try amateur fight for fun.. You started fighting yet?

Main reason I was worried about amateur fights was cuz I have a work schedule to work around.. Shouldn't be a problem tho.. But the main reason i didn't wanna push a little amateur career was I feel like I'm too old man.. I'm 24 but still, I heard if you walk in at like 18 they gonna give you shit about you being too old

test
  6. yayo

yayo Polar Bear LaFlare

i wish man, i dont have the lungs for it. i have asthma n no matter how much i try to run my chest tightens up and always hinders me, so i get frustrated.

for amateur the most important thing isnt skills but cardio, i spar and do gym wars tho. its a hang out spot for me, i train, talk about hoes and boxing n spar against amateurs and aspiring pros n stuff.
    test
  7. yayo

yayo Polar Bear LaFlare

i barely can make the 3 rounds without dying, i cant even imagine being infront of a audience and waiting hours before my match. to do 3 rounds in a amateur event u need to be conditioned for 8 rounds because nerves drains u
    test
  8. Deep Abyss

Deep Abyss Becoming King

That's exactly what I'm looking for

I love boxing so I'm looking for a hangout spot and somewhere I can spar or whatever

I think I'm in great shape cardio wise but in college I did like some backyard spar with a dude who fights mma.. I was winded as fuck

Shit confused me.. Like growing up at my pops crib he had a heavy bag and one of those standing reflex bags and I use to hit that shit for a long time without stopping.. Soon as try and do actual sparring tho my arms and lungs are dead within minutes

test
  9. yayo

yayo Polar Bear LaFlare

a heavy bag and person is 2 different worlds homie, its not even close to the same, heavy bag poses no threat, doesnt hit back, doesnt smother u with body weight etc...

when u in the paint your there til its over u can always walk away from heavy bag.

boxing cardio is completely different than any other cardio. sprints, long distance runs n shit helps a lot but sparring is the ultimate key to fighting shape.

ull have more respect for boxers once u train like one shit crazy lol

first question u ask when deciding a gym is "do u guys have a amateur team?" if they do the gym is official, if not shit is fugazi dont even waste ur time if the gym dont at least have a amateur team.

good luck
    test
  10. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

lol my nigguh
    test
  11. yayo

yayo Polar Bear LaFlare

did i at least spelled it right? lol
    test
  12. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

Lmao shit far as I know
    test
  13. yayo

yayo Polar Bear LaFlare

Fasho !
    test
  14. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

I've been doin' this shit since I was 8 or 9, but I wouldn't say it'd be hard to get into if you're only looking to do it as a hobby. You may think you're in shape now, but once you start boxing, you'll see how out of shape you really are. Don't let that intimidate you, I've seen so many fools avoid boxing gyms 'cause they were afraid of how out of shape they were and would say they wanted to get in shape first, but the only way to get in shape is to get your ass in the gym and train.

test
  15. Deep Abyss

Deep Abyss Becoming King

Good looks at deli and Yayo.. How much you all paying at your gym

test
  16. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

$89 a month. Not too bad. I've been wanting to switch gyms 'cause of all the drama and bullshit at my gym, but I'm loyal to my trainer -- he's fed up with the shit at the gym too, hopefully he changes gyms or even starts his own gym.

test
  17. Deep Abyss

Deep Abyss Becoming King

89 that's dope

test
  18. yayo

yayo Polar Bear LaFlare

do they have a PAL around where u live? Police Athletic League ?

check em out they usually 60/year

other than that i pay,
    30/month plus 20/week for trainer fee's.
    test
  19. Chris Texas

Chris Texas Texas Boy

my ole boy use to box...i boxed in prison...i can trash a nigga on the street...but a nigga training on the daily ima have problems...ill never get my wind up to par cause I smoke heavy...in prison I didnt smoke at all I was a monster
    test