Yay its bulking time

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by XxLiLBuRnAxX, Aug 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XxLiLBuRnAxX

XxLiLBuRnAxX Prolly smarter than you

Summer is over (well school starts back monday) here in florida so its time to seriously bulk up once again. No more target exercises...time for squats, deads, bench, presses..etc
    During the summer its a must to look all nice for the beach which sucks cuz I gotta eat all healthy and clean to keep the definition. Now its time to let my short ectomorph ass (I love that "disorder") eat pizza hut and mcdonalds.
    And yes I know all about dieting and whatnot Im not going to a diet full of double cheeseburgers and fries, Im just using those foods to fill in the gaps to maintain a 4000 calorie a day diet. And no it isn't possible for me to eat nor drink anything that'll give me 4000 calories a day on a clean diet, I work and goto school full time.

Im gonna bulk up to 180lbs during the winter.
    I just say all the extra stuff to deny the "know it all's" a chance to respond with any of the number of cliche responses about how I shouldn't do this or that etc...

But yeah Im happy, nomore tellin my homeboys I can't goto burger king with them for lunch.
    test
  2. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

Word...I'm on the same page bruh. I actually started last monday and in that time frame, just about 2 weeks now, I've gained about 8 pounds. It's a lot less strict but I'm finding out it's just as hard mentally to eat the way I am currently. One thing that sucks tho is that I can literally see the definition in my stomach and arms going away every day lol.
    test
  3. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

i eat the same whether it be summer or winter. hopefully when it starts getting darker my hypothalmus kicks in and i start eating more. im too small right now for seasonal bulking/cutting. mabe next summer ill do a cut.
    test
  4. XxLiLBuRnAxX

well for me its getting harder to gain weight eating healthy, even eating as much as I do lets face it healthy foods are lower in calories and make it harder to put on lbs. Unless you have no job or no schooling and can sit at home all day long and eat 6 700 calorie meals then you gotta kinda do somethin. Well an ectomorph like me does anyway

I mean a huge meal of chicken and rice and potatoes or veggies or whatever is like 600-700 calories....2 double cheeseburgers a side of fries and a coke = 1500 calories

Thats a good way to add the extra calories Ill need...eat 3000 calories of healthy food like I do now and add a mcdonalds meal to that = 4500 calories and the ability to gain weight without killing my body.
    test
  5. LiveFromThe781

ive been living off BK chicken tenders w/ bbq sauce recently. that and of course more than a gallon of whole milk a day.
    test
  6. XxLiLBuRnAxX

I actually just read about a bulking diet involving a gallon of whole milk per day. Thats 2400 calories alone. I would do that as well if I could afford it. But its like $4.65 a gallon thas nearly $140 a month....no way I could afford that even for one month right now...
    test
  7. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

why not try stuff like mass xxx from gnc? about 1000 calories a serving, 2 servings a day adds 2000 calories from 2 small shakes, and i dont have to eat disgusting mcdonalds food.
    test
  8. LiveFromThe781

yea usually before i train i have a glass or two of whole milk which is 4 cups, 700 cals, a yogurt because it sits well, 170 cals, and half a bagel with butter...no idea how many cals. its not always that much though im not an internet stunter, sometimes ill just have the milk and bagel or just the milk and yogurt.

bulking isnt about eating pastries and ice cream. that will get you nowhere, hell theres not even any protein in that shit.

most people who fail at bulking dont seem to grasp that concept. personal most of my diet comes from whole milk and raw eggs. yea it doesnt seem appetizing and it isnt. but the fact of the matter is that when you eat and eat and eat you really get sick of it. i seriously dont like eating, i dont like chewing, just get me full and im fine, i dont care how. so since a liquid you can just swallow is the easiet way to get food down thats how i do.
    id say 90% of money goes towards food too. i really cant think of anything ive paid for in the last couple months other than gym membership, phone bill, food and bus fare.
    test
  9. XxLiLBuRnAxX

yeah i def feel u there, I got really sick of eating REALLY fast when I realized just how much I had to get to lift weights period...let alone when it comes to bulking....which is why as soon as I get my money situated imma begin making my 1500 calorie weight gainer shakes again. And yeah I laugh at the people who think bulking means you can eat whatever you want...guys eat a gallon of ice cream and snicker bars and stuff just to get calories thinking its helping. When I bulk I eat foods that I normally wouldnt eat during normal diets...

For instance the "worst" meal i would eat during the summer was a footlong meatball sub from subway....too high in sodium and it was actually more protein than I needed at one sitting and it just overall wasnt THAT healthy, but that was considered my limit on what I considered to be unhealthy foods. Now during bullking the worse thing Ill eat is a double cheeseburger or occasionally a hotdog from the gas station or something.
    The majority of my diet stays the same.....I just add a meal or 2 of pizza or cheeseburgers to get the extra calories that were unheard of during my normal phase.
    Like today I had the french toast and muscle milk shake for breakfast, hotdogs for lunch, 2 double cheeseburgers and a sprite, and for dinner i had shrimp and lobster with mac n cheese and a baked potato (No im not rich I work there its free lol). Same amount of food as normal just different meals for the extra calories.
    test
  10. LiveFromThe781

yeah bulking is cool cause you can just relax about shit. dieting sucks, nothing worse than having to keep track of every macro-nutrient and calorie. lol especially in the summer when everyone wants to get ice cream and take out all the time.
    test
  11. Hank.

Hank. Guest

Ben bulking for a couple of weeks now, and I can see myself swelling up, however, that's probably just water weight at this point (dont take creatine though). I will unfortunately lose all this mass very soon though. :(

I train very intensely, with compound movements, and keep my workouts very short, sometimes even 30 mins at most. After that, cortisol is released in the body, which is a catabolic hormone. BY FAR, the most difficult part of bulking is eating. I try to eat relatively clean, but I am already tired of eating this bullshit 24/7. Shit will be even harder once I get back to school, it will be almost impossible to eat 6 meals per day each with decent amounts of protein.

I think I will just get back to boxing once school starts, the nutrition is big problem, plus damn expensive.
    test
  12. LiveFromThe781

ive already strategized for school. im 2 days with 4 classes a day versus 4 days with 2 classes a day. cafe food sucks and is overpriced. so im going to stock up on Metabolic Drive bars which have like 20 grams of protein per bar and 200 cals, and get a non-thick protein like ON Whey that i can take in a ziploc bag w/ scooper and just mix the drink on campus using a water fountain and a spoon to stir it. its pretty much my only choice since i have only 15 minutes between classes with 1 45 minute break.

the expense is a problem though. so ill probaly be able to figure out something cheaper when i actually get into the mix. i can probaly bring my own food too and split it maybe 50/50
    test
  13. Hank.

Hank. Guest

that sounds horrible ^ (lol @ mixin it with a spoon)

i'm on my holidays now, its hard enough to spend time cookin shit and preparin meals let alone when i'm at school

back to cuttin for me
    test
  14. XxLiLBuRnAxX

lol school is half the reason why I bulk during the winter months. I can grab a burger or slice of pizza at one of the many food places around campus while im there and worry about the healthy eating while im at home. It is impossible to eat properly and goto school and work at the same time. I actually got into with this guy on this forum awhile back when he was tryna talk bad about the fact that i would consume 3 to 4 protein shakes per day. Id love to meet the person who is able to squeeze 6 meals into a day where you goto work and school full time
    test
  15. LiveFromThe781

my problem with a slice off pizza is i need like 6 at a time in the winter when my appetite increases and theyre like a 1.75 at the campus...psssh fuck that. it was funny to see this Sudanese kid eat a slice between class. he was like 6'3 wicked long and weighed about 14 pounds. i always thought, damn this kid shouldve at least gotten pepperoni.

these are pretty liberal years in terms of your body anyway. yea, when youe in your 20s you can eat less than perfect, drink and pull all nighters and not worry as much as someone in their 30s. i think if youre an ecto you especially should worry less. im sorry but i carried the same definition when i ate extremely clean and monitored calories as i did when i ate whatever i wanted. i dont really have that worry. my worry is getting ENOUGH food in and trying to reach this state of bliss known as "full" which'll last about an hour if im LUCKY.
    test
  16. XxLiLBuRnAxX

^Bingo!

I carry about the same definition whether I eat super clean or not. Hell I still have the same "definition" whether I lift or not.....ill just be a bit bigger while im lifting. I went through a phase once where I measured calories and ate the cleanest meals possible for about 3 months...didnt change shit
    Went back to normal, didnt change shit

I was like wtf.....then I realized its the amount of food I eat. I thought well I must be eating enough to sustain my weight cuz I mean im not losing weight so I would add a bit more calories and still wasnt gaining.

Then I looked it up and realized that to sustain my weight someone my size only needs 1700 calories a day. I was like hmm lol so I was only eating about 2300 calories a day thinking I was eatin a lot. it really is true what they say about when you think you are eating enough then double it.

I wish you lived down here lol you'd make a great workout partner for me we got about the same body comp and everything, it sucks lifting alone..lol
    test
  17. LiveFromThe781

i mean i used to be a lot more vascular. i never had a legit 6-pack though. i even had a slight double chin at one point so my body comp does change, just never drastically. although im hoping to change that next summer.

itd be cool to train with someone. ive always lifted alone and just gotten used to it. training is very individualistic too and and you start putting guys together who want to train their way and its not gonna work out. i know how to push myself though, thats why i progress, thats why ill tell people ive been lifting not even 3 years but im twice their size and theyve been doing it for 10. dedication is the biggest aspect of this all. if you have that everything else will follow.

one of the good things about lifting with someone is the comradery and ive gotten to be pretty popular at my gym, so ive got that taken care of.
    test
  18. XxLiLBuRnAxX

Yeah well now that school has started back I can lift on the campus where everyone knows me. During the summer I had to lift at another gym where I knew nobody so it got pretty lame. For me it's just more fun to be in the gym with a partner....even if we aint doing the same routines its just nice to have someone there to talk to in between sets..occasionally crack a joke...just makes things more fun

Plus at this other gym I went to everyone was HUGE, Im talkin 6'0 250lb bodybuilder lookin guys doin shoulder presses with 225lbs and shit....so it kinda sucks not being one of the "big" guys...at school im "the short buff guy" at this other gym im just that short guy lol
    test
  19. LiveFromThe781

i hate being the biggest guy. it makes me feel unsatisfied, like this is it? although sometimes it feels good. cause you get your little moment in the sun. i remember i was DLing 315 for reps at the Y a while back and some guys like "thats a lot of weight" ...lol.

like ill tell people yeah i closegrip 225 for reps and use 95lb dumb bells and its like ooooh ahhh and im like nah thats really nothing...i want to deadlift 700lbs, shoulder press 225, and bench 3 plates for reps fuck it lets say 4 just so i have something to work towards.

whatever gym i go to though i instantly draw people towards me. im not even "that" big but im sure theres people at the gym who aspire to be my size, the 150lb scrawny kid or the 260lb fat kid. the guy whos had his bench stuck at 165 for 3 months. thats what its all about for me though. i love to help people out like i think its wicked cool when you know enough about something that you can help other people out or other people seek you out for advice. ive always kinda wanted to be a teacher.
    test
  20. XxLiLBuRnAxX

I dont wanna be the biggest person there but I like being one of the big guys...at school alotta ppl (usually on the first day or so when everyone starts their workout plans that never last) come up to me askin if they can workout with me or if I can help them out etc..and you all know that without saying it you have the "us" and "them" mentality in the gym. its the guys tryna get swole and the ones who are....i prefer being the latter
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.