Yankees win... FATALITY

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by jazegtnyvp, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rone

Rone New Member

props to the yankees. they did better than the phillies in this series. that being said:

In 2002, the Yankees spent $17 million more in payroll than any other team.

In 2003, the Yankees spent $35 million more in payroll than any other team.

In 2004, the Yankees spent $57 million more in payroll than any other team. I mean, it’s ridiculous from the start but this is pure absurdity. Basically, this is like the Yankees saying: “OK, let’s spend exactly as much as the second-highest payroll in baseball. OK, we’re spending exactly as much. And now … let’s add the Oakland A’s. No, I mean let’s add their whole team, the whole payroll, add it on top and let’s play some ball!”

In 2005, the Yankees spent $85 million more than any other team. Not a misprint. Eight five.

In 2006, the Yankees spent $74 million more than any other team.

In 2007, the Yankees spent $40 million more than any other team — cutbacks, you know.

In 2008, the Yankees spent $72 million more than any other team.

In 2009, the Yankees spent $52 million more than any other team

for the rest of the article

Joe Posnanski Blog Archive The Yankees Payroll
    test
  2. Straight Upp!

Straight Upp! SHOWTIMMME

yes.

My digger Matsui . Best world series performance in a great while by one player.
    test
  3. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

with your roster you should win EVERY year... and you don't.
    test
  4. jazegtnyvp

jazegtnyvp V.I.P. (BeastCoast NY)

Winning generates money... so you can spend it.. and then you can win more. Simple wonderful cycle. Don't want the Yankees to have such a high payroll? Stop jacking new york shwang and copping yankee fitteds. It's not hard to understand unless you are an envious lame. The Yankees haven't had this roster every year. Last I checked when our roster was on this calibre (in the 90's) we were pretty much winning every year. We didn't always have the roster we have this year, but we had the money. Funny when they were spending and not winning nobody was bashing the system but now that the Yanks win all of a sudden fuck the game and the team. Mad salty. They haven't pitched the way they pitched this year in a loooong time. Smaller cash guys also got them this far as well. Don't be mad. Alot of teams have money but alot of teams weren't as focused on betterment like the Yankee organization was this year. Realistic goals, wise investments and solid playing and coaching. All under the belt for the pin stripes in 09. Baseball is a joke/fuck baseball yet it still makes more money then anything anybody in here does not to mention it takes more talent. It's funny, in 04 if the Yanks were so focused on outdoing everybodies $ by a longshot it didn't show with a ring. I guess that's when the lames really started to shift their focus on the yankee wallet and not the overall philosophy itself. It was the perfect time to kick the beast while it was down. And look now... we're still spending big but making big, while you guys are kicking rocks and making mockeries of yourselves in the Bronx. You're making points about how hard we ball while we're making history.

On some other shit all 3 series have been great and much respect to the Twins the Angels and the Phillies. All 3 of those teams had alot of heart so u gotta tip your hat to em. Better luck next year fellas.
    test
  5. thesmoove1

thesmoove1 Young Boss

bodybag

also 4 members of this team hav been yankeees since '96- jeter, posada, petite, rivera
    test
  6. EmceeGoddess

lol yeah you guys are just awesome. has nothing to do with salary.
    test
  7. Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo Well-Known Member

Canucks>Rangers
    test
  8. (M-16)

(M-16) Member

Jaze owned this thread, someone lock this thread now. Nothing more needs to be said.
    test
  9. Straight Upp!

Straight Upp! SHOWTIMMME

yes
    test
  10. KrazyKanuck

KrazyKanuck New Member

petite wasnt on the yankess since 96. he was on the yankess in 96
    test
  11. EmceeGoddess

the yankees cork their bats. their salary is hush money.
    test
  12. EmceeGoddess

even the catchers cork their mits
    test
  13. Serge dot T

Serge dot T Guest

steinbrenners the only owner willing to go bankrupt to get those chips to nyc.

you wish your favorite teams owner did it like that.

go yanks

booya.
    test
  14. Squagel

Squagel New Member

anyone who doesn't think there should be a salary cap in baseball is a dumbass. its common sense. its not the stock market, its a sport. having an owner with a shitload of money shouldnt be a huge factor in how good your team is. thats retarded, and is a big reason why i've been losing interest in baseball

and i'm a red sox fan
    test
  15. EmceeGoddess

baseball is boring as fuck anyway.
    test
  16. Squagel

Squagel New Member

another big reason

its fun to watch in person
    test
  17. infinate1

infinate1 New Member

I'm sorry but Jaze did not body this thread at all. What he said about boycotting Yankees merchandise is retarded. They would still have the biggest and best tv deal and they still get the most money per seat in their stadium. They can charge more per seat because there is hella people in New York that are rich an earn at least 200k per year. They are by far the biggest market. There is something wrong when a team gets to win 1 in 4 world series just because they are the biggest market.

One thing I will say though, is that it still takes heart and it still takes good coaching. The mets spend a lot of money too and they pretty much consistently suck year to year. Also, there are teams that compete with them in terms of spending even if they don't spend quite as much like the Red Sox and Cubs.

The bottom line is you shouldn't be able to buy a world series and there have already been plenty examples in this thread of when teams did that, like the last year the Blue Jays won, and the same thing can be said for the year the Marlins won. The Marlins expanded their payroll by like 100 million, won the world series, then the next year they dropped their payroll dramatically and were horrible. Anyone who says that baseball doesn't need a salary cap should be shot.
    test
  18. EmceeGoddess

ive been to mariners games. its only fun cause i was shit faced and my drunk friend kept yelling out ICHIRO IS MY NIGGA people complained and security yelled at us so he stopped but whatever
    test
  19. MistaConspiracy

MistaConspiracy magical and natural

A salary cap will do nothing to prevent having owners who don't care about winning. Look at how the Clippers do year in and year out. The fact is, every owner in MLB is loaded and a lot of them only care about making more money and not putting the best team out there.
    test
  20. roc55555

roc55555 Well-Known Member

I am not gonna read this thread cuz I can feel the negative energy. All I gotta say is that if god was a baseball fan, he'd probably be wearing a Yankees cap. Say word!

Yo when's the parade?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.