Y'all made enemies with the OTBVA kids and now its affecting the leagues directly.

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by roc55555, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roc55555

roc55555 Well-Known Member

I don't know how this whole shit started, cuz I always assumed everyone that posted on OTBVA was tight-knit and close, and then some where along the line they didn't like the mods, and/or they grew mad for some reason enough to make their own site. And now they feel angry enough to fuck with something that u all know is important to the site, such as these battle videos.

Now I assume they posted the entire GTEC for one to just watch it, but I can't help but feel they posted it to spite the RM site for some type of mistreatment. I expect the mods and the site to help make peace and/or fix the situation to appease those guys who feel abandoned or punished for whatever they did, becuz in the end they are leaching off this site, its users, and they have no qualms about fucking up future projects such as another PPV event. If the leagues feel like RM isn't helping to rectify the problem, then it could lead to bad ties with the leagues and RM in general.

THe idea of doing a PPV again could very well be gone becuz of this turn of events of the OTBVA posters going to another site and posting the entire event without permission from GTEC. I suggest if u care enough about the folks who help to put on these battles, then u will step in and amend things. This message is for anyone who's got the power to fix this situation.
    test
  2. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

are you fucking serious rocky?

they left this site because we wouldnt allow them to post the PPV videos on this site.

we banned them for posting the PPV videos.

i missed half the event because i was on this site, editing out and banning bootlegged links to the stream

our site has lost a handful of very active members because we chose not to support the bootlegging... something that is DRAWING traffic to their site

we either
    1. allow bootlegs on this site, and they stay here
    or
    2. dont allow bootlegs on this site, and they make their own site for bootlegs

this pisses me off

what do you want rocky?

tell me what your suggestions are... or fuck off
    test
  3. WuTangintheCut

WuTangintheCut Well-Known Member

huh, they created that site long before follow the leader though....
    test
  4. KRich662

KRich662 Well-Known Member

JudgeKure an RM mod posted the links

They left to the other forum because they felt the RM Mods had become "powerhungry" and were overreacting to their posts. They wanted a place where they could converse freely
    test
  5. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

Also, tits n booty.

LOTS of tits and booty, shouts to the jiggling thread
    test
  6. roc55555

roc55555 Well-Known Member

i have no clue y they left, hence me stating it in the post. But they just didnt manufacture the site overnight to just post battles I am sure. I got a feeling there is more to it. I think the site leaders and whoever is running their site should talk. There is nooooo sense in splitting the battle-viewing crowd like this. For one it makes less clicks to RM, which I am sure the site owners care about the volume of users, and secondly it alienates some fans to the leagues that the site supports. They may do whatever they want to make ya'll upset, for whatever reason they feel disdain for, but in the end, the leagues suffer. Would u be cool for example if Pen felt upset enough about this that not only would he not make another PPV, but maybe he may not make another event all together? Would that be ok?

I suggest u do the diplomatic thing and talk it out to whoever runs that site and help to absolve this.
    test
  7. andrewins

andrewins Well-Known Member

that site isnt solely about having the PPV shit and wasnt made for that reason

it all stems from the boobs imo
    test
  8. Choppa Zhivago

Choppa Zhivago ★★★★★★★★★★

heres my take of what led to the separation imo:

mods were cool at the start. maple ran the bva and when i joined all was well for a good year. then the otbva was created cuz we were over-flooding the bva with non-battle related stuff. then there was like 7 supermods at the time. then they modded up lala, who had around 200 posts at that time, for the sole fact she was a girl.

this was a slap in the face to those with thousands of posts who wanted to be mod. then we started otbva tinychat and serge demanded we modded him up and starting banning ppl from here on rm til he got modded there. smh.

then lala gets a pink name cuz she got rm twitter followers to 1000. no one had any respect for her and the mods at that point. we began to conspire against mods at that point. maple had let the mods take over his bva. maple wa the one running the bva b4 and he controlled the hall of shame thread. then these other s-mods starting doing it and overpowering maple.

so maple fell back. then after wd2, the most hated person on otbva, eyerate, gets modded up for the sole reason he talked to them at wd2. smh. u serious? a dude who got banned for the reason being he hacked the site a while back gets modded up? we all stop fuckin with otbva at this point.

lml
    test
  9. mapleleaf

they made that site because they want less rules and more tits

you were the one thats been complaining for the past years that this place is full of trolls and needs to be enforced more

your glasses are so fucking thick that you cant see ive spent basically the past 72 hours on this site trying to mitigate the damage and i've even spoke directly with poison pen on how to deal with it.

hey rocky theres a mod spot open... you want it?

you really think you could fix this?

or are you just complaining about something you know nothing about? because thats basically what you just said your doing

i cant control what other people do, off of this website

people link to PPV videos on this site, they get banned- but thats the extent of what we can do. if its not on our site, what the fuck do you want us to do? the best thing to do would be to have pen or someone from GTEC FLAGGING the videos and getting them removed from their source
    test
  10. Identity

Identity Shaq fears Yao!

Seriously roc? This is the internet! Otbva had alot of trolls with mutliple account talking shit and they cant handle what they brought upon themselves. The battle world isnt going to stress cuz erik foreman isnt a mod anymore gtfo!
    test
  11. Choppa Zhivago

Choppa Zhivago ★★★★★★★★★★

plus in the bva, some1 makes a thread saying fuck url cuz summer madness audio is shit and they got over 200 replies and mods even contributed.

i made a thread saying fuck kotd and it got locked. then i made a thread saying thesaurus is gay and it got locked. then some1 made a thread saying trex is gay and it stayed open and mods particiapted in the discussion there.

smh fuck outta here

de-mod everyone except maple, and then we good

gwame mistakingly posts the pat stay marv won battle early and organik spazzes on him. gwame was dark blue at that time. so how was gwame punished for his stupid act? he gets promoted to super mod. smh
    test
  12. Bakez0151

Bakez0151 BANTERRR!

maple slow as fuck

lmao people didnt move outta here cuz they wanted to post followtheleader battles

maybe thats why theres as many members as there are, but thas more of a fuk u 2 rm

roc more on point than u maple. stop takin it out on him he jus tryna take it like tha, mods talkin 2 ppl like they shit like u are right now n that like they powerful tha reason theres another site

inb4 angry response
    test
  13. proteam40

proteam40 god speed, centipede

The site was created originally just as a place for OTBVA'ers to post shit that either wasn't allowed on RM (like the Charron thread) or just to hang out. There was never any plans to completely split or leave RM or anything. Then they started censoring our links and weird shit, we felt it was over the top because we had like 40 members and obviously weren't going to do shit to RM's popularity and eventually a lot of us migrated over there as a result of it. The way dudes reacted to us having a forum in the first place was like we were trying to hurt them or some shit, it was weird.

I feel like there's a lot of misinformation about the bootlegging thing being posted. The link for the free stream didn't come from OTBVA, it came from here. That's where I found it, that's where a bunch of other people found it. It was in Laxin's thread I believe, he didn't post it himself. Apparently people were also giving it out in tinychat so there's that as well.

An OTBVA member did record and upload the battles, but I just wanted to clear up the fact that it's not like we discovered some loophole to watch the event for free or anything that shit was posted on RM and it went from there.

Also the battles on OTBVA are unlisted, so people can't find them searching on youtube. There are however other versions that people had ripped/uploaded from the PPV and have absolutely nothing to do with OTBVA that have thousands of views up on youtube and are public. It's not like it's just us doing it, spread your net.

Not aimed at you rocky tbh
    test
  14. KRich662

KRich662 Well-Known Member

And Roc signed up to the website to view the battles iah, tbh
    test
  15. DarthVader

DarthVader New Member

choppa slicing ham tbh
    test
  16. Identity

Identity Shaq fears Yao!

Lala being modded is a fucking joke, fuck tinychat friends with benefit shit.

And aspects a faggot!
    test
  17. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

I linked people to the livestream.com channel from 2:30 to 3:45 until the channel was finally closed and no longer available for the average user. If you wantd to use the channel I had provided after that, it would be completely unavailable. It was a PUBLIC channel that I linked, Whether it had content on it or not is irrelevant. That channel was also linked on Rapmusic a week and a half before the event even happened, so its not a link that you couldnt get on your own. Its not different then me linking people to youtube.com/drect.
    test
  18. mapleleaf

smh @ if you could see what goes on in the pit

last night, as im going ham on Extreme Venom because he closed/moved the 'otbva tinychat' thread

i go into the otbva tinychat and get banned

smgdh

yall dont realize that just because im not on a particular side, that im not against you.
    test
  19. Saddle Rattle

Saddle Rattle Sup

Dont stick your nose in an ass u cant sniff.

Quote of the year folks
    test
  20. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

Im almost inclined to agree.

And Cozy gave Gwame his Super. If you consider that a Promotion then fair enough, But it was more like Cozy's last request.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.