Y'all agree or disagree with Lord Jamar?

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by -MV-, Oct 30, 2013.

1. -MV-

-MV- Banned

test
  2. DefKnotEmo

DefKnotEmo G.R.G.

Pretty much we dont have rhythm and we smell
    test
  3. -MV-

-MV- Banned

He said nothing like that in the video
    test
  4. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

Disagree.

Didn't watch, but he's black.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  5. DefKnotEmo

DefKnotEmo G.R.G.

Dont be a homer, thats what he was getting to.
    test
  6. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

"Don't come in decorating our house."

Yea that shit is ignorant and racist.

A race can't own anything. A subculture can, but not a race. Mr. Jamar seems to think that Quincy Jones is more hip-hop than Eminem via his logic.

I respect the man though the way he speaks and his viewpoints come from a place of his own personal understanding.

I don't agree with his particular view on this, but his overall view on America is on point as a mother fucker.
    test
  7. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

I think his view on homosexuality is skewed, and he doesn't even follow his own logic.

Obviously taking in new viewpoints into a culture expands the culture, thus helping it evolve and grow.
    test
  8. Hardkore

Hardkore Blunts@TheBeach

i only agree with the part that hip-hop was started by black people.
    test
  9. J o o k

Hip hop was started by white people.

Without white people to market the blacks and sell hip hop culture to the people via commercials and mass media, hip hop would be complete shit.
    test
  10. MC Bone16

MC Bone16 R.I.P MCA

Really no one "owns" hip hop, yeah it originated with blacks thats the only thing I agree with. Basically if you're dope idgaf what you are I'm give that a person a listen. So no I dont agree with it
    test
  11. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

I think it's really a shame when people think in those terms (the ones stated by Jamar).

You have Puerto Ricans getting the shit kicked out of them by cops in NYC, Asians being harassed in San Fran, Mexicans being abused for their labor just about any god damned where, but only black people are truly hip-hop?

Hip-hop, yes, was started by black people. But it started as way to escape the struggle. When hip-hop started, black people bore the largest load of the struggle obviously. But times, they are a changing. It's not just black people anymore. White people are getting abused by police and are forced into continuous poverty. Middle-eastern folks are being profiled.

The struggle is no longer confined to race. Not that it ever was, but you know what I'm saying.

Hip-hop is about the struggle. That's what it means to me. Whether escaping it or exposing it.
    • +Rep +Rep x 3
    test
  12. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

White people isn't specific enough.

Jews.
    test
  13. J o o k

:shaqsalute:
    test
  14. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I agree and disagree with him... it was started by blacks and latinos, but I don't agree about the "ownership" aspect, although I understand WHY he would say that and where he's coming from.

He's saying that because African-Americans have always been a marginalized culture in this country... we've had a lot of inventions and contributions to Americana that have been stolen from us... history is white-washed as fuck... so black people are a little more protective or defensive about things that are "ours" or things that we have innovated.

However, instead of saying "ownership," he should've said progenitors... and really, the part about asking before "re-decorating" can translate to paying homage... which is what many practitioners of a craft or culture do before participating in a culture... you can't become a citizen of this country, if you are a foreigner, without paying homage to America first... which is why you have to pass a written test about Americana facts and its identity... in music, jazz is big on paying homage... the same with rock music... so he could've chosen his words a little better, but I know why he chose the words that he did.

The reason why I don't think "ownership" is appropriate per se, is because, I don't think you can completely own anything that is shared by so many people. Going back to America again, we all participate in America as citizens, but nobody owns this country... we all own it. Not one person, one group, one race or one religion. If blacks really owned hip hop, then we would have the power to relegate who enters hip hop and since we don't have that power, we don't have ownership... it's like a company going public. You owned it when it was private, but once you decided to issue stock, you no longer own that company by yourself anymore. It's owned by the shareholders. Hip hop went "public" a long time ago... Kool Herc used to own it. Then he started sharing it... and once that happened, it was out of his hands.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  15. -MV-

-MV- Banned

Oh okay
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  16. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Good stuff from Keeps and Iggy
    test
  17. Turn My Swag On

Turn My Swag On Deion Sandals On My Toes

yall fags for having a discussion bout an irrelevant person on vlad tv
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  18. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Lord Jamar is a hip hop legend... cats like Schoolboy Q and Hopsin are irrelevant.
    test
  19. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Jamar is a rap legend but his view on many things is backwards.
    test
  20. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

He's a 5%-er... they speak almost a different language.
    test