ya maybe the crazy rastafarian teacher is right, maybe jesus is not God.

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

I challenge you to watch the one i posted that debunks your religion.

In all seriousness, its not belittling or anything, it provides actual scripture in actual context and actual studies on the actual case. :)
    test
  2. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

Actually, the scholarly consensus is that his name was Yeshua. Short for Yehoshua, which could be closely transliterated as Joshua; oddly enough, his name means The Lord Saves, also. As far as the pronunciation of the tetragrammaton is concerned, the Hebrews/Jews haven't spoken that name in over 2000 years; the argument could be made they don't know which vowel sounds belong in the gaps. You speak of humility, but you conduct yourself with utter arrogance. We are told not to take the Lords name in vain, yet you ignore that constantly.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    test
  3. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

His name means YAH's SALVATION ;p Not "LORDS" Salvation :p Lord means in the Hebrew Baal..an idol. That is another deep thing.

Also it matters not what any man or scholar thinks. That is a dangerous path to go down, accepting their athority...

Every time you see "Lord" thy "God" in scriptures, it really said YAHUWAH thy Elohim.

and sorry about my tongue and how I come across, I have nothing but zeal and urgency concerning this...I will work on coming down a little, but you have to start reasoning!!!!! I'm used to getting nothing but opposition in this Truth...so I apologize for offending you.

I by no means want to offend you away from coming unto the truth, i have nothing against you personally and I hope I did not blow your chance to learn.
    test
  4. Brown Jesus

I'm not offended, but this is the arrogance I'm talking about.

You don't listen to counterarguments, and you gloss over very serious and valid points. Why do you insist on taking the Lord's name in vain?

Would I be correct inferring that this experience a month ago had to do with this current stance?
    test
  5. Coup d'état

Joshua aslo means YAH's SALVATION not "LORD" or "GAWDs" Salvation. Define semantics.

the tetragrammaton (YHWH) means YAHUWAH!!!!!!! Yes there is a nature of plurality in the name, Father and Son.

Just what "lord" are you talking about ? Lord = Baal. An idol still worshiped today...nothing new under the sun.

"I am YHWH that is My Name, and My glory will I not give to another (name) neither My praise to graven images." Isaiah 42:8

"Oh , YHWH Thy Name abideth for ages; Oh , YAHUWAH Thy memorial is to generation after generation." Psalm 135:13

"If YAHUWAH be Elohim, follow Him; And if Baal (the Lord) then follow Him." 1Kings 18:21 (Hebrew: Baal = Lord)

"I will take the names of the Baalim (Lords) out of her mouth and they shall no more be remembered by their name." Hosea 2:17 (plural of Baal = Lords)

Jeremiah 23:1-2, 27 Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith YAHUWAH. Therefore thus saith YAHUWAH Elohim of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith YAHUWAH. Which think to cause my people to FORGET MY NAME by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbour, as their fathers have forgotten my name for Baal

THis is coming from the MOST HIGH

Think about that.
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

prove the context of the verses i posted wrong. I dare u.
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

Or the video of ur sacred movement
    test
  8. TheBigPayback

An as far as your teacher he goes off onto more tangents than mathmatics
    test
  9. Coup d'état

I will, ye of so little faith. The real question is, and I am very serious, if I learn you will you even listen and come out of your vain worship ?

THough,

I challenge you to learn Scriptures and be a disciple. Disciple means discipline. You disciple in the Scriptures and the Law of the YAHUWAH. You ignore them and there for are not disciplined...will you learn ? Could you learn ? SO far you have been nothing but offened by the MessiYAH and by the Father...

WHy should I spend so much time doing what you should be doing ?
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

I dont ignore anything. But i also dont resist truth, so if somethings brought to my attention that i truely have overlooked and agree with your understanding of it, ill agree like i always have in such cases.

Thats the difference, seems to me ur trying to exceed your station..anyone that says theyve mastered the scriptures is a fool in their gestures..u can memorize cover to cover and still come into new revelation deep below the surface text. This journey doesnt end. Youll be learning into eternity friend.
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

That would be terribly inaccurate.

Listen bro ive listened to ALL of your videos, ive listened to several of the rasta guys videos, along with the two or three on his webpage.

U havent peeped one of the videos i posted that rebutts ur teacher. I wonder why. (Sarcasim)
    test
  12. Brown Jesus

Who told you what vowel sounds fill in the spaces in the tetragrammaton? The Israelites were the first to call him Lord, they read Adonai where the tetragrammaton was printed. To forget his name is to worship other gods, not literally forget his name. Ask your local Rabbi what vowel sounds belong in the tetragrammaton.
    test
  13. RandomPoster

RandomPoster New Member

If a Hebrew were to say that Belteshazzar was thrown into the Lion's Den and was protected by Yah would that be a tribute to the king or would it still be referring to Daniel?

I'm still not sold on names transcending languages if the corresponding language lacks the letters and sounds to accommodate that language. The ancient Hebrew language actually wasn't even officially around by the time the New Testament was written because of the many times of going into captivity and loss of their identity. Most of them spoke Konea Greek as a common language. Then with the name Jesus it is transliterated from Hebrew to Greek to Latin so that's three very different languages to be transferred across. Joshua's name is mentioned in the New Testament how is it translated in Greek? Is his name transliterated the same way as Jesus?

I still can't post links but you can copy and paste this and take out the spaces. This link supports your position but also supports mine about Joshua and Jesus.

eliyah. com/ nameson. htm

I think it's a shame that we aren't educated in a lot of churches about the Hebrew name of Jesus but I think it's mostly out of ignorance and tradition and not out of conspiracy. It's like the Doctrine of Original Sin. The bible doesn't teach that as plainly as the church teaches it. That was one of many theories put forth by Greek Theologians around the 2nd Century and picked up steam up to Augustine and eventually just became another "essential" doctrine today. The problem is we have a lot of doctrines like that in Christianity that really aren't completely rooted in the bible and we then build other doctrines on top of those doctrines and end up with a house of cards theology. If one piece is found to be questionable then the whole faith deck falls so every little piece has to be defending at all costs. These theories aren't all wrong by any means because in many cases they do a good job of summing up things into an easily teachable format. The problem becomes when the theories become elevated to the status of indisputable facts.

Still can't post links but if anyone is curious about the Original Sin doctrine you can find a decent write up on Wikipedia.

How many names does Christ have anyway? Isa 9:6 has a lot of names for Him. He is called the Christ, Mashiach, the Son and many other names.
    test
  14. Brown Jesus

Coup?
    test
  15. TheBigPayback

test
  16. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

The sad thing is, coup is currently at a perspective that's closer to correct than he was before whatever month long pilgrimage led him to the now
    test
  17. TheBigPayback

You know your theology is flawed when the agnostics start cheering them on. Lol
    test
  18. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

Nice payback... but I'd hardly classify myself as agnostic, i strongly believe that i know "God" exists, and actually respect much of the teaches of the Bible in the practical life lesson sense, i just don't think Jesus was God or that him being a medium for for my physical mind to accept as the only way to commune with God... and i don't see God as "pure" good, more of perfect everything, which includes all the sorrow and loss as it does the joy and triumph.
    Like you said, there's no such thing as pure white in nature, its a reflective collection of the whole spectrum seen at once... just as our human and spiritual lives are all together the entirety of god
    test
  19. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

haven't watch the video so don't know about that

but,

YHWH = the one true "God", our Father in Heaven
    Yashua = YHWH's son on earth, our sacrificial lamb
    lord/master = sometimes misused or misunderstood as YHWH when these terms historically could have meant something else. as in: teacher, employer, priest/rabbi, etc
    Elohim = plural Gods
    El = singular God

i don't know just my understanding of it, might be completely wrong
    test
  20. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

yeh see here we have passages where it would imply Yashua is not Yahweh. contradicting passages i think Payback has posted where it implies Yashua is Yahweh

but i think where Yashua himself is quoted he is inferring that he is indeed not Yahweh

i don't know, good post though
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.