ya boy big eg finna get swoll

Discussion in 'Bodybag!: The BVA Hall of Shame' started by EmceeGoddess, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhawfax

Rhawfax Hold My Pocket

how much do you weigh now syk?
    test
  2. TagsTheMan

TagsTheMan New Member

na he beat up illusion-Z , he must be tough
    test
  3. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

You can get pounds of fat and still not look physically fat... But if you want to bulk up, you should do it properly.
    test
  4. BLAZE-WON

BLAZE-WON GOD BODY

sorry eg but i died at this.
    test
  5. BLAZE-WON

BLAZE-WON GOD BODY

I'm at 173 now trying to get down to 160.
    Anyone got any advice??
    test
  6. Gwame

The most efficient way to lose weight is sprinting until you can't anymore, then stopping for a while, and repeating the process. That + the obvious eating less fatty foods.

But the best way to improve cardiovascular health (your heart + endurance) would be to jog at a decent pace for long periods of time. You lose weight either way, but the first shreds the pounds a little quicker.

If you want to lose weight, lifting weights will not help, and neither will sit-ups/crunches. Very common myths.
    test
  7. BLAZE-WON

BLAZE-WON GOD BODY

yeah man i've been doing cardio and tone up weights.
    only real weightlifting i'm doing is curls and tricep extensions
    test
  8. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

Sculpting the fat i.e. tightening up can give the appearance of losing of weight

I quit smoking and went upto 195lbs....WOW!!!! shit gave me high blood pressure and everything......I was eating ALOT coz either I was bored or hungry hahaha Once I started smoking again I came back to my normal weight about 155lbs or 160lbs, I'm actually a bit skinny right now, I wanna be 175lbs but solid not mushy lol Even tho I'm skinny my insides are messed up from late night fast food for years.....

The only exercise I do is walk my dog and some basic Wing Chun....no cardio and no weights....even tho I got a full gym in my garage HAHAHAAHAA

PEACE
    test
  9. iAMhell

iAMhell New Member

don't post if you don't know

of course weights help, but he would have to do cardio as well as cut down on carbs whilst maintaining high levels of protein intake.

doing high reps will help tone the muscles and give the 'cut' look once he has reached a certain point of bf%.

the sit up/crunches is not a myth, your abs also need working out, altho not to the extent of 100-500 a day. doing 3 sets of 20 (2-3 times a week) whilst concentrating on the form and making sure the contraction is tight will help.

I'm slim now, got injured a year ago, lost weight and put on bit of fat, for the 1st time I didn't do warm ups for a couple weeks because I thought fuck it I been good up to now, and also negated my stretching, but once you start working your body to the max you gotta rest and also warm up/cool down otherwise you will get injured at some point. I fucked up tendons in both my groins, a year later they still get sore but I'm trying to get back into it now, I used to work out 3 times a week and also play football (soccer) twice a week, missed a year of that shit.

best cardio is not to exceed 25mins, and in those 15-25mins of running you should do 10 sec sprints ever 2/3 mins (will be hard at first, so maybe every 5mins for a beginner) and that will benefit you and work your cardio quite a bit.

rest is important, that's when your muscles build and your body repairs so unless you got crazy genetics or are taking illegal substances I would recommend taking a day off between weights and keeping your cardio separate from weight days.
    test
  10. SiFu

any of you guys knowing anything about knuckle conditioning?? I been doing the whole push ups on knuckles and hitting wooden boards but my knucks just seem bruised all the time, is that a good thing?? or should I be resting them more?? Perhaps I should be taking some calcium suppliments to help bone growth!?!?

I need to do some cardio...I'm gonna see if I can force myself to try the 25min thing suggested.....

PEACE
    test
  11. Gwame

They don't help you lose weight. That's the point at hand. You get in better shape, but lifting heavy things is not helpful for burning fat. And perhaps you mean cut down on calories, not carbs. Carbs are even more important than protein for repairing and building muscle.

High-rep low-weight sets are helpful for muscular endurance. The "cut" look is just a combination of big muscle + low fat. You can achieve that with low-rep high-weight faster.

Yes your abs need working out, but again that has nothing to do with losing weight. Six-pack abs are 80% losing weight, 20% adding muscle.

Basically you argued against a point I never made.

Debatable. Ideally a cardio session is at least 20 mins, and at most, an hour. Sprinting burns fat quicker, which is logical. Switching between the two helps as well.

Hmm... well if you're doing heavy weight training, you can work 5 days a week, but that's for the more advanced bodybuilders, and it relies on a well-constructed routine, e.g. day 1 chest, day 2 back, day 3 legs, day 4 arms, day 5 core. Variations can apply of course.

It's a gradual process. I wouldn't recommend hitting wooden boards though. Stick to fist push-ups and use a punching bag often enough. And yes, drink milk.

Can I ask why? At least you're balancing the two, but that's only your arms. You'd be better off doing an exercise like weighted push-ups or a bench press, which hits chest, triceps and front of shoulders, and then something like chin-ups or pull-ups for your back, biceps and back of shoulders.
    Still only 2 exercises, but much more beneficial, unless your sole aim is to have big upper arm muscles for aesthetic purposes.
    test
  12. JAN1TOR

JAN1TOR New Member

HAHAHHAHAHA you're such a fuckin hippie sifu
    test
  13. JAN1TOR

JAN1TOR New Member

eg you need to share your current status and your goals so we can view your progress

edit: nvm, found the stats
    test
  14. SiFu

Hahahaha

Safe Gwame....I've also been trying to condition my skins/legs by rolling a broom handle up and down my legs (shit fucking hurts!!!!)...I might be starting too late tho, I'm already old an that :(

PEACE
    test
  15. ForestSilence

ForestSilence Well-Known Member

I know it's a rule of thumb that bulking = gaining as much fat as possible whilst as little body fat as possible and cutting the opposite with exceptions of AAS related cycles. But when you're still getting rapid newbie gains you can put on a decent base of muscle tissue while gaining no fat or even cutting your bf down a few percents. With a proper diet you should be able to reach your earlier goals without gaining much if any bf.
    test
  16. Gwame

Might wanna fix that
    test
  17. ForestSilence

ForestSilence Well-Known Member

Gwame, I only read your comment about sprinting until you can't anymore and then start again. Shouldn't you just do HIIT if you're going to go that route?

And EG I'll have friendly competition with you if you're interested. I'm also an ecto and have similar goals. You're going to gain faster than me for a while though obviously if you're new to lifting.

EDIT: Right, as much muscle as possible obviously.
    test
  18. Gwame

Sprinting until failure. Not giving yourself a heart attack like, but until it's too much, assuming you know your own limits.

I don't think EG's an ecto though.

But Forest, apart from that typo I pointed out, your post about bulking is true. I just dunno if EG is still new to this.
    test
  19. solon L

solon L that boy

I actually learned some shit from this thread, woooo
    test
  20. masta_blasta

masta_blasta Member

Far too much misinformation in this thread unfortunately.

Peeps really need to go and read a book or ten about this stuff before they try to get brolic. There's much, much more to it than what anybody in this thread is talking about.

I'll give a big tick to the first person that mentions myosin and actin in a relevant, coherent sentence relating to the topic in this thread.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.