XXL names 20 greatest diss songs

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by KingMenace, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

AGREE 100%
    test
  2. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

no nobody at the time on a diss record came out and said "I fucked yo BItch you fat motherfucker"

what made this diss so tight? Personals. Plus he put down more than a few rappers in this song.

Lil ceaser go ask yo homey how ill leave ya
    cut ya young ass up leave you in pieces now be deceased
    *when's the last time you heard Lil Cease on a track?...Career over*

Lil Kim don't fuck around wit real g's quick to snatch yo ugly ass off the street.
    *Lil Kim....what happened to her...she's so wack since that came out?*

Chino XL fuck you *Chino XL career over (as if he had one to begin with)*

Oh yeah, Mobb Deep, you wanna fuck with us?
    You little young-ass motherfuckers
    Don't one of you *****z got sickle cell or somethin?
    You fuckin with me ***** you fuck around
    and have a seizure or a heart-attack
    You better back the fuck up, 'fore you get smacked the fuck up

*Mobb Deep credibility lost, now they make songs with Lil Kim...career as a group...over*

Plus did you even hear how he rapped his joints? Then completely made a fool of them niccas in a video. Are you serious nicca...Hit Em Up? That shit was so vicious no one even responded to that. Are you crazy nicca? He called all them niccaz out on one record and they reply with subliminal disses like bitches. YOu know its true...Mobb Deep, Biggie, Junior Mafia (probably never even responded...bitches...trying to make a comeback now...ten years later like we forgot we ain't forget niccas!) all with subliminals ( that's not even a real response). At least Chino Xl came at Pac and said his name even though that shit was super weak.
    test
  3. Imperial1

Imperial1 For pressed ones only

Do you really think Pac ain't never told a lie in his short-lived life?

Imperial1
    test
  4. Imperial1

I've heard people say that while arguing with someone. Again, what was so tight about it?

Imperial1
    test
  5. Mask2MyFace2

again...read the post dumbass
    test
  6. Mask2MyFace2

everyone was scared to respond to that...that's why it is so tight

with this record...there was no follow up....there wasn't any 'rounds'
    one hitta quitta....
    Pac bombed on them niccas and they didn't say shit back to him
    test
  7. Imperial1

So why's Wanksta not on the list? And Takeover had mobb deep in it too, why isn't that #1? Same goes for Ether.

Canibus did the same thing on 2nd round k.o.

"Now watch me rip that tat from your arm, kick you in the groin, stick you for your vanguard award, in front of your moms, your first, second and third born, make your wife get on the horn, call minister farrakhan, so he can persuade me to squash it."

AND it was personal, why's he not in the top 5? He had hella more clever punches and hit em up had ZERO clever punches.

Biggie was writing her rhymes. Also, what was so good about a man talking about snatching up on a female? That's a bit punkish if you ask me.

So, Chino still merked Pac in his freestyle. Eff a rap career, I thought it was personal?

Again, simple ass line, not even a rap line, dude was talking, and that last line was a common line someone said on television. [pus]

Um, I guess you ride pac's testicles so much you didn't even see the hits mobb got post-pac and biggie beef.

Sure did. Still was a wack diss song imo.

And so did Luke's "Cowards In Compton" video. Your point?

Actually, Long Kiss Goodnight was Biggie's response to Pac, which imo, is much tighter than Hit Em Up will ever be.
    Mobb probably finished DAGOE before Pac died.

lol @ the fact that you thought Chino's diss was weak and he freestyled his CLEVER punchlines.

And do your research. Big responded as well as Mobb Deep. O and the Outlaws, where they at, since you wanna talk about crews. [pus] ->

Imperial1
    test
  8. Imperial1

Mobb responded as well as Biggie. And there wasn't any rounds because both parties lost someone. Chino responded as well, so that kills your whole "everyone was scared to respond" theory.

Imperial1
    test
  9. Joe Cleezy

Joe Cleezy *Foe Sheezy*

Don't you think Pac woulda said damn near anything to get under ngga's skin? I mean damn that ngga made fun of Prodigy havin sickle cell...then turn around and talk like he wasn't gonna let ngga's kids grow. Damn.
    test
  10. Mist

Mist Micnificent

^LOL at King of the Hill being better than Nail In The Coffin. And this little girl needs to quit all the rambling about how Hit Em Up shouldnt be on there. I am glad that XXL knows that Bis had a better diss than LL and that Jay was better than Nas.
    test
  11. X sample

X sample New Member

punchlines?

lmao

it was 95 and we werent concerned about punchlines...LOL

rap has changed...like i said u dont understand the context...and plus you're a chick and u OBVIOUSLY dont get the testosterone bragging rights ill fuck u up aspect of the song...

just shut up imperial..
    test
  12. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I get what you're sayin' but I still disagree.. Don't get me wrong, I like Hit 'em Up cuz it was so rude and disrespctful and it made me laugh and say DAMNNN several times... BUT AT THE SAME TIME, if say Pac made a Hit 'em Up with those type of lyrics and went at a "let's say Royce, Em, Hov, or others" that have HARD personals, with a dope beat, and a few "punchlines" here 'n there, I would probably say that the Em, Royce, or Hov won....

I'm just namin' those three because I think they have some of the greatest diss tracks ever...

honestly, people are gonna say I'm on Em's dick and or Royce and or Hov's dick but I think Blueprint 2, Nail in the Coffin, I Remember, Malcolm X, Quitter, and the "I'll Shit On You" (diss towards Bizarre by Royce) are harder than ALMOST everything on the list....
    test
  13. bfire

bfire New Member

I aint got nothing confused, it wasnt the typical diss, it was real becuz, 2pac really thought biggie SET HIM UP and got him shot. Wouldn't you be pissed if you thought some1 set u up like that? Probably, unless ur a pussy. Thats why i thought it was str8 vicious, like yea!! pacs really gonna get his revenge this time...(even tho he ended up dying) Maybe XXL understood that and thats why its #1. And it is great rap, because i know there aint another rapper who could use his emotion like he did, you say it like u mean it and those lyrics instantly get upped a level. 2pac even without a beat is fuckin awesome to me, his presence alone makes it good.
    test
  14. TheNotoryousOne

TheNotoryousOne Grown Ass Man

I'm sure he's told plenty. I don't know if it's true or not and neither do you--or anyone else in this thread for that matter. Of course it's possible that Pac was lying just to get under Big's skin, but if he wasn't do you really think Faith would admit that shit.
    test
  15. Ibeechur Moms

Ibeechur Moms IF

Takeover was more of a Mobb Deep Diss than Nas btw... I think most of yall are forgettin that when comparin that song to Ether.
    test
  16. Parental_Advisory

Parental_Advisory Click Click Pow

^Yeah, that whole third verse aimed at Nas meant nothing...
    test
  17. hockeys_da_best

hockeys_da_best New Member

Never listened to that no-name piece of trash in the first place.

Like she was an astonishing lyricist before it came out...

Exactly.

But yeah, I admire how courageous Pac was in going at these internationally known and locally respected rap juggernauts.
    test
  18. Ibeechur Moms

Ibeechur Moms IF

1st Verse - shit talk
    2nd Verse- Prodigy Diss
    3rd Verse- Nas diss
    4th Verse-Prodigy Diss

but most people recognize that track as just "the Nas Diss" when the bulk of the track was dissin Prodigy.
    test
  19. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

Listen, I'm fucking sick and tired of you little faggot ass textcees, who talk shit about people who have revolutionized hip hop and or made a huge influence. When you get shot 5 times and think you're boy set you up, are u gonna think of punchlines? WOW...you fuckers gotta start thinking REALISTICALLY. I know if anybody shot me up, as a rapper or producer, I won't think twice about makin a beat or a diss track, I'd go right after him and kill him. That's what pac did, he killed Biggie in Hit Em Up, alongside any competition or support of Biggie. When did Biggie respond? after pac's death. That's the problem with you textcees, you don't listen to the flow or emotion of a song, you read the lyrics and read the flow. You don't understand the value of emotion in a rappers flow cuz of monotone lyricists of the present like Cassidy (I love cass), Fabolous, Mase, and even Nas. There are barely any rappers out there that have emotion. I swear you're the type of dudes that get challenged to a fight, and you'd whip out a pen and paper and startin writin punchlines to defend urself. We're talking DISS TRACKS, not battle tracks. DISS TRACKS ARE WHEN UR DISSING SOMEBODY YOU GOTTA HURT EM EMOTIONALLY AND PERSONALLY. BATTLE TRACKS ARE WHEN U USE AS MANY PUNCHLINES TO DISS SOMEBODY, ALTHOUGH YOU MAY HAVE NOTHING PERSONAL AGAINST THAT PERSON. Obviously the cats at XXL put Hit 'Em Up as number one, and thank god they dont' have punk asses like you working there. Most you fuckin cats walk around with a keyboard for protection...faggots
    test
  20. Mist

Mist Micnificent

^well said
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.