XXL interviews the producers for "The Carter III"

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Mr. Manager, Jun 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Manager

Mr. Manager Active Member

test
  2. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

I was reading about this on rhapsody

it was pretty interesting to read about how the producer's got their beats to wayne

'well, I knew this girl who worked at def jam, I submitted my beat CD, and then what do you know, I'm on lil wayne's album"

you can hear that the album came together in that way too..

I could envision how some of the records came together as I litsened.. like that wierd ass alien song with the evil christmas beat. banner brought in studio musicians, probably billy hume and those guys at The Zone in Atl, pulled out his mpc, laid some drums, mufuckas was high and leanin, and they made that shit.

the alchemist track came outta left field.. but it was one of the few bangers on the album

the outro.. it was a shame no1 stopped him after he was done rapping

there really was not a lot of production on this album to be honest.. seemed like most tracks just got placed together like a compilation..
    test
  3. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

the album is suppose to push a mill the 1st week....
    test
  4. MAD SKREWS

MAD SKREWS Dear Mr.Toilet, Im Da Shi

this shit aint gonna do heavy numbers.. I think it's far from a classic, based on the leak, and that lil wayne has said all he could say...
    test
  5. Odd Man Outt

Odd Man Outt President of the South

^that couldnt be any wronger

and i know wronger aint a word but thats how wrong the post was
    test
  6. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

OMO, what is he wrong about ?? the weakness of the CD, or the fact that the projections are most likely inflated, a textbook bus101 marketing ploy to create an interest in consumers to buy it in order to be like everyone else.
    test
  7. Cassius tha god

Cassius tha god New Member

wayne is the most overrated rapper ever..he seems like a good dude but hes fake...everything about him...hes just a good actor...his album sounds more like a mixtape...but he does got alot of dickriders,so a mill wouldnt surprise me
    test
  8. Odd Man Outt

both..i never agree with niggas on here about albums

cuz these albums are neva as bad as people make em out to be...if u used to that old wayne style then i can see why u might not be a big fan of it, but its far from trash

as far as the sales projections, everything aint some big marketing trap.Think about it homie...Wayne pulled in a lotta fans over the past 2+ years..U think people who been liking wayne wont check this new album? i dont think u gotta try too hard to boost wayne's sales at this point..at least not with a 1st week sales scheme

he had his own "blueprint" special on BET, he was on TRL, he been everywhere...it aint hard to believe the numbers
    test
  9. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

yes he has fans, because the marketing trap was set years ago.. this is the rellationship era.. just because something is great, doesn't mean it will sell itself.. you still have to sell it..

I agree, that the album is not complete garbage. I also agree that people are inclined to hate on him more simply because of his status. If we're talking strictly about the music, yeah he's in the 7/10 range. But this cat is a disgrace to anyone who calls themself an emcee. diss the entire DJ community cuz ya emotional about not gettin mixtape money?? drink so much lean that styrophome cups wanna endorse you?? gettin busted by the fuckin FEDS in your tourbus, after getting setup.. lose 7grand to bow wow in a dice game.. fuck!
    test
  10. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Mr.BYTCH KILLA Hater Abolisher

Nigga You Just Hating On Wayne....Let That Man Do His Thang....Wayne Go Way Back With Me....Since The Soldier Boyz....Wayne Have Already Paid His Dues....so right now anything he drop gets bought...Niggaz Just buy his music just because its Wayne...U Tripping With You Self....Wayne Has change his whole style of rap since he started....I done watch this nigga grow right before my eyes...since the early 90's nigga...

But thats yo opinion....and you entitled to that....but to me Lil Wayne is a real successful nigga that's still growing.....He Real In My Book....especially since he fuck that hoe Trina.....now he dont fuck with the bytch....

BKster
    test
  11. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

I think it is a decent album... not great... better than some of his previous, however it not classic (it does have mixtape quality..ie. millie) to go 1 mill... however ever kid that i know that is 13-17 think he is the best thing since slice bread... they all think he is the greatest rapper on the planet, no questions asked.

But, i have to give him his props, b/c he may be the hardest working rapper out their and his work is paying off. In addition, i think lollipop is the best single he ever put out by far.
    test
  12. Odd Man Outt

u sounding crazy...does any of that shit really matter? i mean seriously, do u really think the shit u just listed matters at all

and while u callin him a disgrace, big names like diddy are makin video blogs about how wayne is "bringing hiphop back"

its obviously a big difference in music taste between the people who like the album and people who dont

callin lil wayne a disgrace is just crazy to me...a disgrace is somebody like the dude from the white rapper show who wanna put the suburbs on the map...wayne aint nowhere near that level
    test
  13. nwo504

nwo504 Rawtunez

bone crushers last album was alot better jk

i still think carter 1 is the best one. if u expected lil wayne to drop a blueprint type album u are a moron. i personally would like him to stick to southern producers like runners,mannie, cool n dre etc
    test
  14. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

I like this album better... maybe for the opposite reason.. that he did not stick to southern producers.
    test
  15. J.Mack

J.Mack Highly Under-rated

They rotate the pop version of Lolipop heavily on stations people like me don't normally listen to but I hear it everytime I go to the gym or this lil mixed environment club we have around here.....I think I hear it more than the hip hop version now.....Thats big.
    test
  16. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Mr.BYTCH KILLA Hater Abolisher

Yea I Agree Carter 1 & 2 is way better than 3....In my opinion...I dont really feel his new style of rapping....all that straining in his thoat....dont get me wrong Its different and thats what its about being different...I love hiis old street style of Rap more thats all.....but Ill jam Wayne any day....

BKster
    test
  17. Djay Cas

Djay Cas Woodgrain Oak

theres a pop version?
    test
  18. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

I can respect that.. its all good.. we have a difference of opinion.. different influences in our lives, which have led you to support and defend lil wayne, yet which have led me to become critical and concerned. I hope everything goes good for Wayne. it sounds like the album gonna do big big numbers.

for the record, Diddy's opinion on real hip hop, is not really one worth quoting
    test
  19. Odd Man Outt

so if he posted a blog about how great your production/albums are, it wouldnt be a big deal?

and it aint about defending lil wayne..but shit like him losing money to bow wow in a dice game really dont matter homie...shit like him gettin mad at dj's really dont matter..i'm just pointing out the flaws in your posts
    test
  20. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

I dont really follow fam.. arent u doing to me, the same thing u accuse me of doing to him?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.