xbox problem...

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Flint Marko, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flint Marko

Flint Marko New Member

just recently (over the last 3-4 days) I've been having problems with my xbox and I'm not sure if it's a problem with the actual console, game or controller.

The problem is that when I'm in a screen with a menu it starts scrolling by itself....and while I'm playing Madden and I'm on the line of scrimmage my guy will start moving sideways (always to the right), in Top Spin tennis my guy is always moving forward and sometimes won't move backwards.

Oh and sometimes it won't let me use the "A" button in madden when I'm selecting a play (only happened in Madden though).

At first I thought for sure it was the controller because one of the two I have I bought used but I tried switching controllers to the one that came with the xbox and the same shit happens. Anyone else have this problem and know how I can fix it?

Thanks.
    test
  2. Matt Hood

Matt Hood New Member

have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back up. on the playstation 2 sometimes the analog sticks lock up and you have to unplug the controller and don't touch the analogs at all and then plug it back in. i'm not sure though that's what is sounds like atleast to me.
    test
  3. Flint Marko

Flint Marko New Member

Yeah I've tried unplugging and switching the controllers around but it still has the same problem. Maybe I'll buy another controller and see if it changes anything.
    test
  4. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

blow in the controller port
    test
  5. Flint Marko

Flint Marko New Member

I bought a new controller and for awhile the problem seemed to go away but now it's back again.

I'll try your idea Graphx, thanks.
    test
  6. SLeEk EzY

SLeEk EzY .X.SizT1nc.3

Just get a whole new controller. =/
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.