Xbox One

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by NV, May 21, 2013.

1. Vikto Beats

Vikto Beats aka Viktomajarmo

My post was directed you you claiming im defending microsoft.

Im not allowing people to criticize a conference i myself claimed was awful? LOL
    test
  2. deadweather

deadweather ******

"Give your games to friends: Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once." -- Xbox Wire

"Trade-in and resell your disc-based games: Today, some gamers choose to sell their old disc-based games back for cash and credit. We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games." -- Xbox Wire

"With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies." -- Xbox Wire
    test
  3. Smouble ML

Smouble ML 90% In NFL Playoff Predictions

:watwudthatdo:
    test
  4. ReverseSWAT

ReverseSWAT Active Member

WOW@Those Qoutes

That shit is beyond stupid. I can't believe they put that out there.
    This may be the biggest entertainment bomb ever on top of a PR trainwreck.
    I never seen something so "corporate" lmao

Its like they think consumers are on a leash and they can jerk them however they see fit.
    test
  5. deadweather

deadweather ******

lol you can only lend out a game once. what the FUCK

'you can only play your game for an hour if you're playing it on a console that's not your own'

Everything comes down to needing Microsoft's permission to do anything.
    test
  6. Smouble ML

Smouble ML 90% In NFL Playoff Predictions

either ps4 joins them n changes the way we are allowed to do things..

OR...

ps4 does exactly the opposite and wins the gaming war before it even begins.
    test
  7. DefKnotEmo

DefKnotEmo G.R.G.

Pretty much bro.
    test
  8. deadweather

deadweather ******

Yeah if Sony pulls the same shit, I'm gonna invest in a high gaming PC but Sony has been saying things like "no online required, period"

They seem to be leaving the anti-used games option available to publishers, which is going to make any publisher look evil if they enforce a no used game policy. Let's see how that turns out.

Worst comes to worst i'll invest in a decent gaming laptop and plug that via HDMI to my HD set.

Microsoft damage control has been hysterical. Microsoft Has Hired People To Make Positive Comments About Xbox One On Reddit, Contractor Says | Business Insider Australia

Second news: They're paying off publishers to not show any games on PS4 during E3

[youtube]T6AyKsOUCyE[/youtube]
    test
  9. camel clutch

camel clutch Well-Known Member

i was sold on the xbox based on name alone

but all this garbage is a complete deal breaker.

lets wait for monday.
    test
  10. SiegeSupreme

SiegeSupreme Well-Known Member

If you look at Sony's demographics for the PS4, you can basically 100% conclude that they won't require online.

PS3 basically outsold the Xbox 360 everywhere except the US and some parts of UK. Microsoft can require online because there are very few parts of the US/UK without internet connection, but the same is not true for every country. PS3 would lose much more customers doing that then Microsoft will.
    test
  11. deadweather

deadweather ******

Exactly... plus online gaming isn't as big in Japan as it is here (which is why PSN was behind the curve when the PS3 launched). There is still resistance out there to purchase games digitally..

Everytime I play a game online and there are international dudes on my game (In Europe, South America, etc) they always say the same shit "We don't trust Microsoft, and they will never catch on here). Microsoft already gave up on Japan, they will never win Asia.

So PS3 has already outsold 360 internationally, and in the markets where they are leading (Europe, South America, Asia) internet connections are sparse like you said. Sony would be shooting themselves in the foot if they mandated internet connections.

Man I remember when the first xbox came out, Microsoft had a pretty bad rep, and people were concerned, and it's amazing to see those concerns validated over a decade later.
    test
  12. Vikto Beats

Ya I read through this full update. Always online shit is stupid as all hell. After the conference they claimed you can still play offline (campaign/story etc.) makin us assume its gonna be the same as the 360, cause obviously you gotta be online for online multiplayer. But jesus CHRIST @ those time limits, that is just fucking pathetic.

And the whole let 10 family members play your games is just weird to me. I wonder how the used games are gonna work though, retailers gonna be able to reset the usage on the discs or something? If thats the case than I dont see much of a problem with it, as long as price drops work as they always have. But still soundin weird as fuck.

Still coppin tho, as dumb as all this is, I have an internet connection and I never trade games or take em to my friends so it dont effect me much. But after this statement, I definitely agree @ these being fuckin retarded. lol @ them constantly mentioning "ANYONE CAN PLAY GAMES ON YOUR CONSOLE!" no shit? lolo
    test
  13. Vikto Beats

The ONLY cool thing that comes out of this though. Is if I buy a game, a friend of mine also gets to download it for free. They shouldve ended it there lol. I like that, so we can pretty much split everything we buy I love it.

But they sayin 10 family members can use the game on any console? How is that gonna work? And the possibilities of hackers takin that overboard seem endless. I dont know the details tho so who knows
    test
  14. Gh0stface

Gh0stface Member

Xbox One is Big Brother
    test
  15. deadweather

deadweather ******

your friend gets to copy the disc into their hard drive, but your license to play the game doesn't transfer over where they can play whenever they want. the whole point of their new policies is to limit how many times a disc can be used. the policy is going to hurt people that lend games out to friends.

you can only play for an hour if you're playing your game on a friend's console. i might go back to snes after this shit
    test
  16. deadweather

deadweather ******

Liquid, I'm getting a PS4 then using the money I was gonna spend on X1 on a PC rig. I need a PC case that looks like the Xbox One's. the case is the only thing I like about the X1
    test
  17. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

When putting my system together the case was the most important and difficult decision.

Revolt - Gaming PC - iBUYPOWER.COM

Most cases that are console like have a built in proprietary power supply that severely limits your upgrade options. Anything I pieced together ended up limiting the videocard Was capable of using.

The only system that comes close is the revolt. The x51 is too limited.

My main issue was I had a budget of 1000.

My system has a superior videocard, power supply, hard drive, and ram than the equally priced out revolt system. Plus I have a bluray recorder.

Slightly bigger case. Better performance. Still mini itx form factor. To get the revolt near my pc's specs I'd have to spend 1400.
    test
  18. deadweather

deadweather ******

wow.. so you spent about 1k eh? thanks man, so which case did you get? i saw the post before where you dumped all those components but i can't remember which page in the thread it's on

side note: i have been looking all over for a case like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mM4kcwMw7WU#t=448s

this one is no longer sold anymore, and it's tough to find one with a similar form factor
    test