Xbox One

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by NV, May 21, 2013.

1. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

any game play released yet? or do i have to wait for e3?
    test
  2. deadweather

deadweather ******

Googling for arguments? I'm going based off what I know. Didn't bother reading the rest of your reply after that. Classic RM
    test
  3. Mellow Madness

answer my god damn question. Classic RM
    test
  4. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

Let me simplify it for you.

The ps4 does not have superior tech over a modern gaming pc. What it does have is the advantage of optimization. It's the same advantage every console before it has had. Everyone has the same specs so you can squeeze more out of it. The Apu on the ps4 is a little slower than an amd a8 processor and a amd 7850 gpu.

Devs will take advantage of having that much power consistently across the map, however, the main kicker is that the architecture has switched up to an x86 based system. So most of the optimizations done for the ps4 or xbox one won't be at the same leap as they were in regards to the Xbox 360 and ps3. Basically what you have on the ps4 or Xbox one is almost already set for pc since the systems are so close to one. It makes it easier to port a game to pc and make it run better against next gen than even last gen. So if a game runs better on the Xbox 360 or ps3 than my pc's extra power isn't as efficient. A new ps4 or x one game will more than likely give me even higher performance gains because the dev originally created the title with x86 already in mind.
    test
  5. LiQuiD6

Ps4 kill zone demo
    test
  6. deadweather

deadweather ******

I understand all this. I'm not saying that the PS4 is going to surpass PCs. Neither of the next gen consoles will. My original point was the fact that they they splurged on 8gb of expensive/fast ram excites the tech geek inside me and that it makes my choice for next gen console much easier. (Yes, I understand it's unified ram)

Is a PC superior to a PS4? yeah, but it doesn't matter to me because PC gaming is so expensive. But Like I said, if Sony fucks up to the degree that MS did, then I'm gonna seriously consider building a decent rig... but they have been pretty open lately that they are going down a more pro-consumer and pro-indie developer road, and I'd rather support that on principle.

Frankly, I'm not impressed by PC games that take advantage of the latest and greatest hardware available every year. I'm far more impressed when developers can squeeze out all the juice from old hardware in ways that surprise people, examples:

PS1 - MGS
    PS2 - Shadow of the Colossus, FF12, etc
    PS3 - The Last of Us, Beyond, etc

I like those moments of 'wow i can't believe this is happening on 6 year old hardware'.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    test
  7. LiQuiD6

i cant argue against any of that because i agree with you. What i will say that did make me change to pc as my primary system is the advantage of steam as a platform. If it wasnt for steam i wouldnt give a shit about the pc. The pricing, community and the way they have simplified pc gaming made it worth it for me. Either way i think the next gen will benefit all. Im looking forward to some of the indy projects coming up soon.

I purchased my pc and with it came bioshock infinite, crysis 3 and far cry 3 blood dragon. ive spent maybe 60 bucks on games since I built it.

That 60 bucks bought me :
    Saints row 3
    The witcher 2
    Portal 2
    Battlefield 3
    Gta4
    Dishonored
    Hitman absolution
    NFS hot pursuit
    Deux ex Human revolution
    BAtman arkham asylum
    batman arkam city
    Skyrim
    nba 2k13

Ask anyone with a steam account and all they will tell you about is the backlog of games they have. Games are as cheap as iphone apps.
    test
  8. Mellow Madness

ty .
    test
  9. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

I heard Xbox's power will triplefold when connected up to the cloud, which means itll surpass PS4. Confirm or debunk anyone?
    test
  10. deadweather

deadweather ******

Not sure how it'll work but cloud processing is a real thing, your internet connection will be a bottle neck though.

The downside to this is that games aren't processed locally and those games are going to require an internet connection to get that extra computing power to process the game normally. The cynic in me thinks this is just a way to force online connections on single player offline games.

Stay Classy Microsoft
    test
  11. SiegeSupreme

SiegeSupreme Well-Known Member

Gaming on pc takes away the "traditional gaming" feel imo. I don't need 2989p graphics, there's just something about playing in front of a flatscreen controller in hand that a mouse and keyboard simply can't replicate.

And I'm well aware that you can hook up controllers to your pc, but I also know one of the draws to pc is the superior aiming capabilities of a mouse over a controller and how that'd put you at a disadvantage against basically ever pc player
    test
  12. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

I got 30mb broadband, should be fine.
    test
  13. deadweather

deadweather ******

test
  14. deadweather

deadweather ******

test
  15. Mellow Madness

that hurt :idontbelieveu2:
    test
  16. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

JESUS deadweather how much Sony write that check for bruh?

Spread the real via Tapatalk 2
    test
  17. Big Dick Black

Big Dick Black bout a check

:hoffagrin:

but that camera shit is lame tho

crackas watchin me & my patnas smokin weed and gamblin? aint nobody got time for dat:smackusure:
    test
  18. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

hahaha
    test
  19. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

Yea I ain't fuckin with that big brother shit either

Spread the real via Tapatalk 2
    test
  20. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

Are these Fabian vs Xbox Fans threads always so one sided?

:smackusure:

@viktomajarmo
    test