xbox 360 prices slashed

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by deadweather, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadweather

deadweather ******

cheapest model now cheaper than the wii.

which is fine and all, a very aggressive move on microsoft's part. Sony has no choice but to do a price cut too. Right now the MSRP of the ps3 is at the cost to manufacture one unit. so they are breaking even. If they take a $50 hit i think it will benefit them.

I think PS3 is the better investment in terms of the best is yet to come, where as 360 has already peaked graphically.

Xbox 360: Epic Hitting Upper Limit Of Xbox Capabilities, Says Fergusson

PS3 developers only using 30% of the machine's power says Naughty Dog | Games | guardian.co.uk
    test
  2. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

that whole statement is way taken outta context everytime i read it....

the 360 is easier to develop for...so they can do certain things with less effort than they can on the other console...

all he said was they are doing things before they expected to be able to do them....

an easy development process does that for you....

they also said this same thing when they did gears 1
    test
  3. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

360 really isn't worth all of the problems. You spend ur $199 or whatever...then 3 mths later..your system breaks. Not to mention, this $199 is for the core system...you still need games which are 60 bucks a pop...xbox live....headset and controller....more harddrive space. Or you could go the cheap route, buy a 360...sign up for gamefly....rent u a game for the weekend..etc. Blah. They'll definitely bait some people in for the shear fact that the Wii and PS3 are more expensive and the Nintendo Wii has a crappy game line up. I have a Wii and I only play the thing once a month. The game lineup SUCKS.
    test
  4. DragonAvatar

DragonAvatar Folks

I've had my system for more than 3 months and it didn't break, I know people who've had their system since the first day it was released and they're still running strong.

I hope sony price cuts ps3, I do want to eventually pick one up because I NEED to beat metal gear, I've beaten every single MGS before this one so I have to keep it a tradition.
    test
  5. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

Yea, I am a diehard metal gear fan myself. I'm not trying to spoil the game experience for you..but I was extremely disappointed with MGS4. That's all I will say about that I guess. I mean, it was fun until like the last part. Don't let me get started on that game. But yea, when they price cut..get u a Ps3 and play it.
    test
  6. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

the 360 is worth it, because you actually play it.

I never had to worry about my ps3 breaking, because it never got any play.

I'd rather play a console a lot and have it tear up than have one play movies every now and then but always work.

takes like 2 weeks to get your console shipped and returned....and if you cant go 2 weeks without playing games - you probably didn't buy a PS3.
    test
  7. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

Dude, Seriously...when I bought a 360...I played once a week and it was broken after 3 months. The disk drive went out. Son, I bought me a slimline crappy offbrand DVD player ON SALE 6 yrs ago and it still runs like a CHAMP. No disk drive error or problems AT ALL. Yet, the 360.....breaks down after 3 months of LIMITED play?? How can one explain that? I now have a playstation 3...I can play the SAME GAMES on a better built system because all the good games are now multiplatform. I'm not screamin that PS3 is the end all system..but it is better than 360..that's for damn sure. It really doesn't matter what system you buy nowadays...but if you want bad customer service, want ur system to break THE FIRST TIME(there will be other times) in under a year..and if you want to waste ur's or your parents money....go buy a 360...you will be SADLY disappointed. Live was fun and everything...the system is good when it actually works...but it just isn't worth the trouble. It's like bringing home an adopted child..you don't know when it will misbehave....but you just expect and know that it will.
    test
  8. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Prolly all refurbished RROD's. Who would really know if they did?
    test
  9. deadweather

deadweather ******

test
  10. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Yeah, not to mention its just the shitty arcade model, over time you will spend the money in accessories trying to get it up to par.
    I am almost curious if they are reselling refurbished 360s, since they have so many of them. Or perhaps re-using parts from them or something.
    test
  11. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I was reading Game Informer or something...they had a "by the numbers section" and they showed how many consoles were sold, then they said the number of people they talked to at E3 whos consoles didnt RROD...well, they said they only talked to one person whose didnt do it. The only way to avoid it is to not play it alot.

Mine never RROD'd on me, but when I gave it away, it died on the kid I gave it to.
    test
  12. DragonAvatar

DragonAvatar Folks

Maybe it had a heart and was sad when you gave it away.

It <3ed you.
    test
  13. Dalai Lama

Dalai Lama New Member

thats good news...they need to go even lower
    test
  14. Matches T. Malone

Matches T. Malone Registered Playboy

Nice.

I've had my Elite since it came out(well over a year now), and i've not had any problems...and i play it pretty regularly. but with the core system at $199...i can definitely afford to buy that simply as a back up system.
    test
  15. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Why the fuck would you want a back up system?
    test
  16. Fantom

Fantom :ihadadream:

only reason my 360 is getting more play now is cuz these losers always want to play Halo & Madden on 360...

niggas complain about playing Madden & 2K8 on PS3 like it's a different game when in actuality the button layout is exactly the fucking same... Y is triangle... X is A... fuckin crybabies i swear...

But yea what system you get really dont matter but PS3 is better than 360... I'm only getting X Box Live to keep in contact with the people I met out here that I play madden with...
    test
  17. Matches T. Malone

why the fuck not? let me guess, you have a ps3...or at the very least used to have a 360 that crapped out on you and now you're incredibly bitter about it.

I'm no fanboy(i got the 360 because it came out first, and looking at the ps3 line up, i could see that they weren't going to be putting out anything worthwhile for at least another year). i'm consistently playing about 5-7 games at all times. currently; civ rev, oblivion, ninja gaiden II, devil may cry 4, gta4, lost odyssey and cod4. with just as many out right now that i'd still like to play through and twice as many upcoming titles in the next 3-4 months. so again, why...the fuck...not?

if something were to happen to my elite...i'm not going to cry about it so much that i'll refuse to play anymore 360 games...lol i can send it in, and in the meantime keep playing on the 'back up', i would already have all the accessories. despite any defects that the 360's may have, they still have an incredible line-up of games that i'll want to play.
    test
  18. DragonAvatar

DragonAvatar Folks

Damn I can't play that many games at once lol, maybe 1-2 at a time.
    test
  19. Matches T. Malone

Lol.

Yea, but i've been playing those all year though...oblivion since last year. I get bored playing one game too much.

I'm currently playing the fuck out of civ rev...but then i'll tire of it and play through a couple of missions on Oblivion and then move on to a few missions on GTA next time i play, so on and so forth.

but on avg. i only play maybe every other day for an hour or two. which is why it takes me a while to beat these games.
    test
  20. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

Nice list.

I'm currently playing Too Human, Civ Rev, Lost odyssey, madden, cod4, shadowrun, mass effect, and some soul caliber 4.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.