X Box 360 or PS3??

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Vintage Tox, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vintage Tox

Vintage Tox One Hundred Percent

Im just trying to find out what is the better system for me to buy...actually its more of a question if buying the Xbox 360 is a good idea, because I have no intention of buying the PS3, especially at $600... Im leaning very hard towards buying it....

I had the PS2 for the last 4 or 5 years so I need a change...

and I read something on the net about how Grand theft auto 4 was gonna be on both PS3 and X Box 360 so thats another check for X Box...

I was also thinking since I love baseball, MLB the show, I think, is not gonna be on X Box 360.... but since I havent played the game yet it shouldnt matter right now...

one thing I really wanna know is if the next installment of Metal Gear (if there is going to be one) is gonna be on both systems...

*Neesch*
    test
  2. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Metal gear solid 4 is coming out this fall.....Right now they haven't said anything about it being on the 360, however i'm pretty sure it will even if it's a year later.

Me personally i got the 360, and i'm happy with it even though the games are expensive as hell nowadays......Ps3 is overpriced for a game system and lacks any games right now, and most the stuff will be coming on both systems. However, they are supposed to be coming out with 150 games this winter, so maybe 5 or 10 will be good.

Mlb the show i think is just on the ps3 and 2, not sure. but they got 2k7 on both i think, i'm not much a baseball dude.

and yeah, GTA is gonna be on both...
    test
  3. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Both lack any real groundbreaking games. If you're into alot of first person shooters...buy a 360...90% of the 360's game arsenal are first person shooters.

Buy a PS3 only if u feel optimistic...it's really not worth buying right now because the system simply hasn't proven itself yet. It's lost alot of it's strong exclusives...which have now went multiplatform to the 360.

In terms of games...I'd say that 360 has the best games.....even though I don't play mine anymore...

Overall..just get a 360..u can't really go wrong there I guess. Statistically... it's doing well in sales..better than PS3..and it costs less. Less=mo' betta in my opinion. I'm not some HUGE, avid fan of 360...but I'd say it's ur best bet right now.

Or..u could always get u a Wii as well ..don't forget abt Nintendo. I play my gameboy advance SP more than my 360...Dude, it goes EVERYWHERE with me on business trips.

Hope that helps!
    test
  4. NaSh

NaSh o_

fuck spendin £400 on a ps3, just too too much
    test
  5. Vintage Tox

I like first person shooters... but I love Rpg's

the only types of games I hate are fighting games and racing games...
    fighting games because there is too much button work that im not good at and racing because Its just not interesting to me...

How is Gears of war and Lost planet?? looks like dope games...figure I should buy atleast 1 or 2 games at the same time as the system...

Did Metal Gear 3 come out on X box??

*Neesch*
    test
  6. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

The 360 definitely sounds like the system for you then. They have a whole bunch of first person shooters...I wouldn't say that their RPG lineup is quite developed yet(Playstation still reigns in the RPG department)...but they do have Oblivion....and Oblivion is one of the best RPG's next to the final fantasy franchise...you'd like that game. I heard Lost Planet was a good game..but I personally haven't tried it yet.

Gears of War was a really good game to me.....definately one of the better titles I have every played for the 360. My only gripe about it is that it doesn't have really good replay value...so, once you beat it...most of your fun will come from multiplayer through Xbox live. So, getting that game is definately a consideration. In terms of Metal Gear 3...I don't recall seeing it out for Xbox.

In your case..since games are really expensive and you're not really familiar with the games yet....Go ahead and get you a 360..buy Gears of War which should have come down in price by now....Get you a subscription to Xbox Live it's only like $7 dollars I believe...and get you a subscription to GameFly(www.gamefly.com). That way...you'll be able to get the online experience, download demos of new games, download old games..and with gamefly...you'll be able to test out some of the latest 360 titles without breaking ur wallet.

Hope that helps!
    test
  7. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Oblivion is the way to go then man

the ps3 dosn't have any rpgs except oblivion either, so they are about even right now......

360 exclusive - Blue Dragon, and Lost oddessy are coming out. Made by the orginator of final fantasy.

Mass Effect, if you claim to love RPG's i hope you played KOTOR and Jade empire, mass effect will be the greatest RPG of all time.

Another interesting Rpg that exclusive to 360 is gonna be Eternal Sonata, basically you play out the fantasy delusion of chopane on his death bed. Bad thing is their gonna change it to some made up musician for the US release.

I dont' see ps3 having better rpg's this time around, Square is also releasing rpgs for the 360. Nothing on Final Fantasy yet, but i wouldn't put all my cards on a ps3 since i bet it's coming cross platform.

Oh yeah, Not to mention Fable 2 and Fallout 3
    test
  8. NaSh

NaSh o_

oblivion is amazin, aint really played it that much lately cos i just bought colin mcrae dirt and thats takin all my gameplay time.
    p.s get f.e.a.r, classic fps right there
    test
  9. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

Gears of War is my favorite game, and I'm still playing the multi-player online way too much.

ps3 doesn't have much to offer at the moment, but me I'm just going to wait on them and if they pan out/drop the price I'll buy one then.

but instead of gamefly.com use gameznflix.com...they send faster, they're cheaper and they have movies too.
    test
  10. Pyro Tecknik

Pyro Tecknik Harbinger of DOOM

ps3 is dying. the wii is killing and the 360 is doing alright.

ps3 has pretty much lost all of its exclusives(even their major ones that made the ps1-ps2 so successful). you know it's bad when game developers loathe making games for the system.

i'd go with the 360 out of the two.
    test
  11. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

They'll be ok.

The Wii wont last near as long as either of them due to the graphics being shit and no extras...no online, only cartoon games, etc....can't possibly keep up.
    test
  12. Vintage Tox

Oblivion..is that the Elder Scrolls game??

*Neesch*
    test
  13. NaSh

NaSh o_

yes, yes it is
    test
  14. The HUnter

The HUnter Forgotten legend.

the 360 is the premier gaming console out there.
    test
  15. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Lost planet is a ground breaking thrid person shooter. I loved everything about it. GOW needs no props, that game is Beast.

Get yourself a xbox-360.
    Games to start out with: Darkness, GOW, lost planet, crackdown.

Also if you like FPS and RPG... Try mass effect... it's both in one.

PS3 doesn't have shit on xbox360 except blu-ray. Honestly I can't tell the difference between blu-ray and HD. Infact, my HD actually plays at 1080ip.
    where most play at 720ip.

Go with xbox360.

Fuck metal gear soild. They have a new splinter cell coming out on xbox360, they revolutionized the whole game. it's better than metal gear soild.
    test
  16. Vintage Tox

Bought myself a 360....should be delivered tommorrow...thank god for second day shipping...

I bought Gears of War and Elder Scrolls Oblivion....

but the next games I plan on purchasing havent come out yet so I got time to waste my life away on these 2...

Although NCAA Football 08 is coming out real soon, a must have for me...guarantee to get GTA 4 as well... Not too sure about Halo3 since I havent even played a second of the first 2 being a PS2 owner and all... but I heard about Fable when It first came out on the Xbox and always wanted to try it so Im copping Fable 2....

*Neesch*
    test
  17. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

You know what's funny...when your own system "mascot" jumps to another platform. Did anyone hear abt a new CRASH BANDICOOT game being on XBOX360....I think it is exclusive as well.

Concerning the Wii....the Wii isn't technically winning the console war..although it may appear so by a slight margin. It is winning the PRICE war....it is the cheapest system of the two..but...I seriously doubt it goes very far.
    test
  18. NaSh

NaSh o_

buy them now!
    test
  19. Cane

Cane New Member

i'll break this down as simply as i can

the 360 has games. it's cheaper.

the ps3 has sweet fuck all. and is 600 bucks.

easy decision if there ever was one.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.