X-box 360, June - Two Games That Are Must Haves

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by menaz, Jun 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

The darkness: Based on the best-selling Top Cow comic book, The Darkness casts players as Jackie Estacado, a fearless Mafia hitman for the Franchetti crime family who is suddenly possessed by the terrifying and spectacular powers of The Darkness. Throughout the game, players must learn to control and harness The Darkness power in order to overthrow the vicious mob boss and fulfill their destiny. Release Date: 6/25/2007 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d-sWn05elU&mode=related&search=

Hour of Victory: Hour of Victory, available exclusively for Xbox 360 in Summer 2007,allows you to play a key role in the pivotal and cinematic battles from the European and North African theaters of World War II, using the skills and gameplay style you choose. Sneak into enemy territory as a covert operative, storm the gates as a British Commando, or snipe from afar as an Army Ranger – each character’s unique attributes will be needed for the fulfillment of the overall objective. Only with all these skills working closely together will you be able to say that you helped define the Hour of Victory. Release Date: 6/25/2007
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BXj8YqQCaY&mode=related&search=

Trust me!

Coming soon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-BNtPuc_0w&mode=related&search=
    test
  2. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Demo for hour of victory sucked

the darkness looks insane though
    test
  3. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

yea....hour of victory is ehh...

the darkness looks koo....

the big must have games for 360 in the near future are bioshock and mass effect
    test
  4. NaSh

NaSh o_

the darkness looks wicked, shit u can do with ur powers is pretty fuckin crazy
    test
  5. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

test
  6. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Yall ever played chronicles of riddick??? that game was pretty amazing, same people are doing the darkness......
    test
  7. Vikto Beats

Vikto Beats aka Viktomajarmo

The darkness and Dirt. Hour of Victory was HORRIBLE. Dirt is fucking amazing.
    test
  8. Vikto Beats

Riddick was fucking incredible. One of the greatest movie based games ever, and the movie was garbage.
    test
  9. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

^^movie would of been cold if it was just about riddick, instead of those necrofuckers......lame

I'm kinda pissed though, i can't play it on my 360, and my xbox broke. Now they are gonna re make it for 360, that pisses me off
    test
  10. Vikto Beats

Pitch Black was pretty dope
    test
  11. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Yeah, Hour of Victory sucked. I was expecting that to be dope.
    test
  12. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Seems like honor of victory is not a fan favorite. Same old bullshit different approach I agree. The crowd has swayed my opinion. However, The darkness
    is on some off the wall 1980's sticky hand shit.
    test
  13. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

So I bought the darkness today. I must say the game is fire. It starts off like a Movie. It's Gory, It's bloody, but It's different. The graphics are like a mix between GOW and call of duty 4 demo preview. The storyline is interesting because it doesn't feel like a story line and there are side missions. It's like a RPG/shooter game but it feels real. Also there are no cut sceens when you talk to people, it runs on that MASS EFFECT technology. However, As you progress in the game a black-screen will pop-up with just you talking to yourself in the darkness.

What is pissing me off is the darkness power you poses in the game.
    I can only turn into that little snake and condure darklings so far. I'm hoping the game is long so I get enough time to build up to full darkness powers so I get to see what this game really has to offer. One other thing pissed me off, not enough ammo. I would imagine once you get your darkness powers full strength ammo doesn't matter. However, when you don't have your darkness powers full strength ammo matters. (You raise your darkness powers up by eating the hearts of the dead.)

Controls are easy to figure out.
    The game runs smooth.
    The AI is very intelligent on normal setting.

You can also make-out with your girl-friend in this game. She ask you to set-down and watch Tv. So then you choose to reply with "Later" or "OK". The more you look at her the more she looks at you. She reacts to whatever movement your character makes. By the way, The TV is actual TV. you can watch a REAL movie, music video, or cartoon, while playing the game. It feels like real life.

I've never played anything like this, And I've played alot of fucking games.
    test
  14. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

i want to play the darkness....just don't have no money....

once i get one of these jobs i'm a cop that shit fosho
    test
  15. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

You should man. It gets ten times better once you get the demon arm.
    You'll receive the demon arm in chapter two: You off yourself in chapter one, but since the darkness won't let you die, it places you in the middle of ww1, while its fixing you. Only way you can die is if you pass it on to your kin. That's how the comic goes anyway.

The game is NUTS. Possible the best FPS I've ever played.
    The story line is Awsome, the Shit you don't think will happen
    does.

scratch what I said about there not being enough ammo.
    I've also abtained all the darkness powers and darklings.
    And Lastly, Creating a black whole is fucking ridiculous.

They need to make this into a movie ASAP.
    test
  16. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

well i went to go buy it today,....

but i saw splinter cell for 30 bux so i'm a have to wait...lol
    test
  17. Vikto Beats

Ammo wont be a problem once you get the darkness guns, 2 different guns you hold that are both unlimited ammo. And the talkin to yourself in the darkness aint even a cut scene, its a loading screen. This game is on my top 10, most of the game sites didnt give it a good enough score. The little darklings are only useful once in a blue moon. Other than that I only use the light killer, who barely even kills lights. Game is amazing I just think they couldve done a better job with the darklings.
    test
  18. NaSh

NaSh o_

had a choice between this and colin mcrae, chose colin mcrae. ima get this on monday
    test
  19. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Actually the thing about the ancient darkness guns is You don't always have enough time to avoid light and if you can't stay out of the light the guns won't work. With or without the ancient darkness guns ammo isn't a problem once you get the demon arm. Yeah correct it is a loading screen... I was excited forgive me. And Fuck those game sites, they have no clue.

The ending movie was sort of anticlimatic compared to how great the storyline was throughout the game. I'm thinking sequel. I did take the position as DON.

Getting to pauly in the last chapter was thee most fun in a game I've ever had in quite awhile. This game is ten times better than halo.

yeah darklings are pretty weak, but the kamkazie darkling is funny.
    He talks about killing commies. lol

tips -

You get the guns in the ww1 level from a dude crucified upside down.
    When you face the darkness the second time you die, and give up its powers, do not shoot the darkness, shoot the darklings, then walk up to the darkness and you'll take it over instead of it taking you over.
    test
  20. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Splinter cell aint got shit on this. YOU NEED THIS GAME.
    Its crack, you can't put the bitch down. I haven't been this gay for a video game since I was like 16.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.