Wwhick Would Get Discontinued First?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by prophicey, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prophicey

prophicey New Member

Reason Or Fruity Loops . I Go With Fruity Loops Because Reason Seems Like The More Classy Of The 2...and I Bought Fruity Loops
    test
  2. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

reason. way more people use fruity. like a 100 to 1 ratio...
    test
  3. CompassSaviour

CompassSaviour Got no brain, goin insane

propellerheads makes other stuff tho like rewire, which all programs can use, not just reason, so I think that that fact alone would keep reason in the game.

I don't know anyone irl that has bought fruity loops, but I know a few people who've bought reason.
    test
  4. kid848

kid848 Ya Boi Honesty

I've actually bought both...

I think I'm going to give Reason another shot this year...

But on another note... I think FL will be discontinued first... more people may use it... but when you look at paying individuals... I dunno...
    test
  5. b-real 123

b-real 123 New Member

If propellerhead drops Reason they are still going to be doing
    other stuff.But if they don't addon the vst plugins at
    one point.They may just drop it.(Reason)
    Any way they droped Rebirth.What to stop from droping
    reason in the future.
    test
  6. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

Someone Will Eventually Get Bought Out... Woot Captain Obvious Strikes Againnnnnnnnnn
    test
  7. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

FL has grown from a small thing to now being sold @ Guitar Center along with everything else. You guys say nobody buys it but its obvious theres enough people buying it for them to actually increase their production and distribution of the product on a yearly basis.

I don't know if either one will be discontinued though. But if I had to guess, i'd say Reason. ReWire might be the death of it. You really need ReWire to give reason alot of basic functions that every other sequencer on the block has had for years. Eventually, I think Reason might get dropped and ReWire will kinda evolve into the standard for connecting various multimedia software. What they should really do is work with Yamaha and make their mLan thing ReWire compatible.
    test
  8. kojo

kojo New Member

FL wont be going anywhere. it's main buyers i think are techno/electronica producers not hiphopers (hense the presets) and theres a ton of them all over the world with the funds to drop on something that cheap and easy to use.
    test
  9. disasta

disasta Filled with Sarcazm

i wish fl had rewire make dumpin into protools for tracking easier..........
    test
  10. Blemickis

Blemickis I get computers puting

it does have rewire
    test
  11. Blemickis

Blemickis I get computers puting

reasons downfall is lack of midi support
    test
  12. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

reason supports midi as a controller, not as sound though

not that it's hard to sample a hardware instrument patch and use it in reason with the NNXT

anyways, reason is more of a super stand alone instrument as opposed to a sequencer, and the fact that it can do so many things will undoubtable keep it in the game

as for whoever said fruity loops is more for electronica/techno guys, the same can be said about any software synths....i find hip hop producers (especially more serious ones) don't use a computer at all...everything is outboard with an MPC as the central workstation
    test
  13. Premize Prod

reason just needs audio in. and im good.
    test
  14. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

^why? it's not a DAW
    test
  15. kid848

kid848 Ya Boi Honesty

FL can be a master and a slave...

Master to reason...

slave to PT and cubase...
    test
  16. Premize Prod

did you just fucking ask me why? why the fuck do you think genious? did i ask you if it was a DAW or not? no. i said they need to put audio in in that bitch. why? because of my work ethic. all my sounds come from hardware which i voice str8 to my sequencer. do i feel like doing all that rewire shit at 1am when i just wanna hop on and start a quick beat? no.. so hopefully that answers your question.
    test
  17. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

i dun know why fl would get discontinued first.. FL is only used as a sequencer... eevn if it did... i would still use the shit as a sequencer, and thats ALL i use it for now.
    test
  18. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

if they added audio abilities to reason, it would become a DAW, and there would be virtually no point to having it, because reason isn't trying to be a DAW

a better program for what you want would be cubase or pro tools 7

get the right program for the right application

what you're trying to do is put in a nail with a paint brush....it makes more sense to use a hammer
    test
  19. CompassSaviour

CompassSaviour Got no brain, goin insane

Audio in would make sense from a routing standpoint, like if I wanted to use the scream module on a guitar patch or something, it'd be great instead of getting a 4 minute long sample into the NNXT and that... which is a hassle. Reason has good routing options, having routing in would kinda make sense in a way.
    test
  20. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

Reason will never support audio in or midi out well maybe midi out. I was reading this interview with the creators yesterday and they clearly stated (from the April 06 issue of EQ) that their idea was to create a total stand alone workstation w/ all the sounds u should need. They do not want to add audio in and in all honesty I dont see how using rewire is any harder than using a vst once its plugged into ur sequencer its the same shit. I think some people overblow what rewire really is its basically a knock off of the vst protocol and was given a different name. rewire just makes reason a plug in and in almost any program will still act just like a vst. I personally do everything inside reason but thats more so kuz my pc is too slow for me to use rewire to its full potential. Once I buy my new system however I plan to rewire everything
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.