WWE Royal Rumble Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by masterragu, Jan 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterragu

masterragu Sweep The Leg, Johnny!

[​IMG]

Confirmed So Far

Shawn Michaels Vs Triple H
    Last Man Standing Match
    World Heavyweight Championship on the line

[​IMG]

Brock Lesnar Vs Hardcore Holly
    WWE Title On The Line
    [​IMG]

Eddie Guerrero Vs Chavo Guerrero
    [​IMG]

The Dudley Boyz Vs Ric Flair & Batista(c)
    WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Dudley Boyz will look to regain the World Tag Team Championship at the Royal Rumble when they battle the champions, Ric Flair & Batista. This time, however, the challengers may have the upper hand going in to the match, as it will be a Tables Match. Undoubtedly, these stipulations must favor the Dudleys. Order Royal Rumble, live on pay-per-view to find out. Click here for photos.

Rey Mysterio Vs Jamie Noble
    CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

The growing tension between Jamie Noble and Rey Mysterio will finally come to a head when Noble challenges Mysterio for the Cruiserweight Championship. Noble has attacked Mysterio recently when Mysterio tried to come to the aid of Noble's girlfriend, Nidia. Will Mysterio have some payback in store for Noble? Order Royal Rumble to find out. Click here for photos.

THE ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH

The Royal Rumble match is widely known as the most exciting hour of the year. 30 Superstars all vying for a shot at their respective championship. To date, the following Superstars have entered the Rumble:

RAW Brand
    Kane, Booker, Goldberg, Steiner, Christian, Chris Jericho, Mark Henry, Rico, Hurricane, Spike Dudley, Matt Hardy, Test, Rene Dupree, Randy Orton, RVD

SmackDown Brand:
    Kurt Angle, John Cena, Chris Benoit, Billy Gunn, Rikishi, Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Nunzio, Big Show, Matt Morgan, Tajiri, A-Train, The Cat, Bradshaw

Updates will be made as soon as I get information
    test
  2. Killafornian

Killafornian West Side Til I Die

sheez. lesnar and holly. what's gotten into wwe?

isn't chris supposed to be the first one on the ring (in the rumble)?
    test
  3. masterragu

I don tknow I love the actual Rumble match though

and the Triple H vs Shawn Michaels will be great...
    test
  4. V E R B

V E R B Guest

that brock match is going to be a waste, i dont know why he even gets a title shot.... but i figure its another Triple H stunt... were he comes back from injury and quickly gets put on the main event... ( i hope this faggot holly doesn't win) which i doubt it he will.. and if he does, its totally bullshit by the writers... cause next thing you know he'll lose it the following week on smackdown, i can't see holly as a champ, fuck no, yep.. i say it again FUCK NOOOOOOOO.. lol

now as in the royal rumble... i want JOHN CENA to win it, i dont care if he loses it in wrestlemania,i just want him to win it... and if he doesn't... i would like to see KANE winning it... he's a good character to put on the main event, specially now...his new character is hot..
    test
  5. masterragu

Yeah John Cena winning that shit seems like what's going down..
    test
  6. Killafornian

ah well... everything's fine to me. but please, no more of that "no chance in hell" music in the air. vince almost always fucks up the rumble.
    test
  7. masterragu

No vince would be a good thing lool...
    test
  8. Killafornian

oh and fuck vince again. why? where the hell is goldberg????!!!!
    test
  9. EdJames

EdJames I'm Ed James Bitch

Fuck

Is it just me or is this the first Rumble in about five years where there's actually some kind of anticipation of who's going to win. There's some actual superstars in there this year as opposed to having 28 midcarders and then the two main eventers of whom one is gonna win it. I will be looking forward too it....

And maybe it's just me, but I don't think Holly vs Lesnar will be too bad. I think Holly is underrated and it's not like it's Spike vs Lesnar or Matt Morgan. It's someone who's been around for years, paid their dues and has developed both a character and wrestling style. I'd rather see Lesnar face Holly than 99% of the other dudes on the Smackdown roster.

Oh and I'm not sure, but I think I read that Goldberg wasn't gonna be in the Rumble because of his whole contract situation. They don't wanna risk him bailing after Wrestlemania so they can't put him in the Main Event, and to put him in the Rumble without him winning it would just kill his push and gimmick.
    test
  10. masterragu

Yeah I'm actually entertained by hardcore holly. I know he's a risk in the ring sometimes, but so aren't a lot of wrestlers. I think it could be a good match...
    test
  11. Skrybe

Skrybe ConnectedthruaForeignExch

Interesting. Looks like the Rumble might be pretty good this year . . .
    test
  12. Merticus Rex

Merticus Rex New Member

Benoit needs to win it and go to WMXX and beat Lesnar. Cena has lots of years left to shine in the WWE, Benoit is on his way out in the next couple years, so I say give him the shot as Cena will be huge for years to come.
    test
  13. masterragu

True Brock seems like he win the title a million times, he should be letting people go over on him because he'll easily be on top again. As long as they are good matches, it will be alright...

I'd like to see Eddie and Benoit both go up to the main event. Maybe work an angle with Benoit and Brock. Have Benoit, Eddie, Cena, and Brock in the main event picture.

I wish they put Big show on Raw or some shit. He really has no use on smackdown at all. You could get a pretty good us title division going. Maybe even get Cena to hold the us title long term, and finally have the belt mean something...
    test
  14. Killafornian

benoit's gon have it anytime now. he just will. i mean, it's an obvious thang. he'll be out of the ring few years (or even months) from now, so if you were vince - wouldn't you want the fans to get what they want? he's been there too long without nothing going (except for that 30 second WWE title on some main event. forgot what it is and who is the opponent... but i think it was rock).

as for big show... iono. heel or fan fav (was he ever?), his gimmicks sucks. RAW already got rosey and hurricane, you can't add another looney toon character. look at him - first i saw him heel was the rock, who at that time was a big hit. then comes vince - he clinged to vince. ah fuck, what i mean is he's just riding on to someone else's gimmick. whoever's hot on fans - he'll sure be wit them too.

us title... hmm... how bout heinderich (sp?)? or maybe take rosey out of that silly superhero-in-training bullshit? or give chuck palumbo's-ex-partner-in-the-wcw-before-it-was-defunct a chance (man i forgot his name, but he's dope)? too much wasted talent in the wwe that needs to be given a chance.
    test
  15. Merticus Rex

Merticus Rex New Member

^^^^ word on wasted talent
    test
  16. Killafornian

now i know his name... sean o'haire...
    test
  17. SeQueL

SeQueL Mmm Tig Ol Bitties

Chris Beniot or Booker T better fucking win the Rumble.. They paid there dues and are ready ta exit wrestling soon.. Give them a damn main event at wrestlemania and the belt.. otherwise shit is pointless and they might as well retire after da rumble
    test
  18. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

i doubt booker will win, i this his contract is up and has been talking retirement, even though it would be nice, but i believe the winner is going to be someone on smackdown.
    test
  19. Small Tymers

Small Tymers The Truth

If he retired I would be so pissed. I would probably stop watching wrestling
    test
  20. Art Write This

Art Write This Retrospective Art

Yea this Rumble is going to be an exciting one cuz like in the past..you could determined the winner like a month in advance and only really watch the RR to see which surprise entrants are going to enter and whic midcarder might actually end up in the final 4-5 in the ring. There are a bunch who can take it this year..John Cena, Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Randy Orton, Kurt Angle, Kane..anything is possible..Im guessing it will be Cena since the WWE is highly set on having a Kane vs Undertaker at WM20, Orton is still not ready to main event a WM20 and Guerrero, despite being like the #1 fan favorite around, still does have what it takes to be a World Champ.

To be honest..im here to see if there will be any surprises or unknowns entering the Rumble..Maybe some guys from Japan, OVW, UPW..who knowns..cant wait
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.