WTF@how many beats daz makes per day...

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Premize Prod, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

Folks always think that the sell is the most important part of the situation, Its about getting your name out there, and you cant always be worried about selling, there are now millions of people producing hip hop. So if you aint willing to go out on a limb for exposure there is someone out there just as dope, or doper that will go out on that limb for an artist
    test
  2. Auditory

Auditory New Member

i feel what u guys are saying. Perhaps i should of let the beat go. But i looked at it like this... Would being able to say i produced track whatever on bishop's latest album allow me to up my price to other people? No, probably not...other then some props noone would give a rats ass. I wasn't there personally with dude, it was over the phone and through someone else...so it's not like i could get in good with him and feed off the people he knows. Plus i don't know what kina shady shit the middle man had up his sleeve, for all i know there coulda actually been money involved just not for me. Had there been no "Manager" in the picture I might of made a different decision... At any rate my sense's told me negative so I went with them
    test
  3. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

yeah that's true audi

dude coulda took your shit... then sold it to him and kept all that shit

then you'd be in court tryin to sue a nigga wastin more of ya time and money

aint really worth it in the end
    test
  4. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

Oh yeah well I personally HATE middlemen...I always love being able to talk directly to the rapper. If you had Bishop's word and talked to him right there, then that is different. But it's cats who may even be close to rappers, or may be somehow in their camp (their "caddie") who will pimp producers for beats, or pimp females for hed...."yeah I can get the demo to Ice Cube for you...come to my room tonight and bring it to me" which is somethin I heard a dude say outside of Cube's autograph signing...and then I saw dude try to talk to Cube and he got played, meanin he really just worked for the damn Tower Records on Sunset that had Cube there!

But yeah...I mean that's a very tricky situation. When you ask if you could charge more for beats....you possibly can...possibly a lot more. Working on a major album or with a major artist can easily do this.

Before track with artist
    Producer: Yeah man I charge $500 a track
    Rapper: Eww....oh for real...you can't lower that? That's kinda high...but um, yeah I'll fuck with you, I'll hit you up

After track
    Producer: Yeah man I charge $500 a track
    Rapper: Oh for real? Ok that's cool, let me get at you

I have seen it happen many times...I don't think people on here believe me that credentials mean a whole lot, but they definitely do. I had contests on websites and interviews just from doin a few tracks with cats, and I know people who got instant notariety off of a track or two.
    test
  5. Afrika

Afrika Nemesis

Are you guys talking about bishops debut!? Bishop is sick i'm also tryna get some tracks 2 him and this dude G.A.G.E.....il see how it works out. Congrets on u guys getting on....If it was a mixtape track or some sort of promo compilation Id give the beat 2 guys like bishop or GAGE 4 free but an album!?U always gotta get a lil sumn sumn 2 keep the power on so u can continue doin your thing. I'm pretty much a 100% certain some1 was tryna jack ur beat and sell it 2 bishop as their own. (some ppl always gotta be dicks and mess up moves 4 u, but dont worry their will be plenty more 2 come) Youd go 2 look at the credits and ur name was no where 2 b seen....Im pretty sure dre wudnt have a problm with writing u a $5000K cheque 4 a beat hez gonna tweak, mix again and engineer, give you credit and all dat.
    test
  6. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

I've never met Gage...but as far as Bishop, Glasses, and some of the other new artists on the west, they are relatively easy to get at. Maybe it's different because I knew them before they got signed and really became known, but they are a lot more accessible than artists in other regions. Even with DPG, I've met n talked to Daz n Kurupt before, and they didn't have any security and weren't actin like they were on top of the world. That is one thing about L.A. I can say, most of the rappers don't act like Prim Madonnas.
    test
  7. Afrika

Afrika Nemesis

^^^lol @security and prim madonna.....tru dat...dats wassup I hate security they act like pricks but they eint ontop of dworld. G.A.G.E is sick bra Id ad vice u 2 get at him...The song he made with dre called "this is how I live" s crazy. The best way to get on is to know the cats b4 they get signed or a connect b4 they really blow. Its hard 2 find a decent artist 2 work with 1st place. When I find some1 they always slip away chasing gals and goin 2 clubs instead of recording...lol....
    test
  8. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

I finally copped the Scratch issue and read the Daz shit.

He said he makes 40 SEQUENCES a morning on the MPC 3000

If you figure a nigga wakes up at 7-8 and makes beats until 11...

He can easily do 40 Sequences on the MPC....

He probly just means the skeleton... the drums, bass, maybe a melody...

I believe it now. I don't believe that them shits is super og platinum bangin ass beats, but I can believe that he does do that shit. it's possible

Daz be on that powder too... shitttt ain't no tellin what kinda shit he be doin

I think I could make 40 sequences a morning if i had 3-4 hours to do it.

I just wouldnt do it cuz i'd get burnt out
    test
  9. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

@rtistic thast mad true.

when i met daz the first time he was dropping off 15gs at uncle junebugs house. he came in said wat up to everybody. gave dap. counted the money on the table for uncle june bug. and peace out, and shook. the second time him and snoop smoked a blunt wit us and junebug.
    test
  10. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

Man word up, I'm jealous of Cali cats. My mans went down there to compete in a beat battle and said it was like a culture shock in your own country. Everyone just had that "star quality" about them, but no one was on some stuck up shit. That's live. Hell around here, even the nobodies are stuck up. Sad. He said he seemed to be engulfed in hip hop, that's what's up.

Cali heads support each other like a bitch out there too. Good shit
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.