Wtf Happen to this forum?

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by brownzvill19, Aug 22, 2013.

1. brownzvill19

brownzvill19 Active Member

I'm still seeing bigg k vs real deal topics and big t vs k shine has 1 page WTF make me a mod here and all this will change people I can save this place
    test
  2. KooL La!d

KooL La!d iRock Cafe

lol...

Niggas packed their bags, but honestly it's a trade off... look at the AEH there...

Last post on the bottom here (Aug 14th) > Last post on the bottom of AEH on that site (June 25th)
    test
  3. Sin Skywalker

Sin Skywalker #184 Gladiator.

How can you save this place, tbh? PM me I'm interested in what ideas you have.
    test
  4. RealCrackaTime

RealCrackaTime Active Member

clips n bmagic isnt even posted this place is triple reconfirmed DEAD. Change it back you fucking noobs
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  5. Sin Skywalker

Back to what? It's the same shit with a cosmetic upgrade and some new features (because it isn't vbb anymore), tbh.
    Reps are back and Tapatalk is back (ain't that why everybody left)? What else would you suggest we do bro?
    test
  6. bobbylight

bobbylight Well-Known Member

Unfortunately you guys are fucked. Everybody left and no one is coming back. It is almost sad to be honest. It is crazy how one relatively small move made everyone abandon ship.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  7. Sin Skywalker

Yeah I wasn't a mod on this side, tbh. Just a regular poster in these parts like everybody. I did try n reach out to a couple battle league straffers like wassup what can we do for y'all but ain't really hear nothing back, tbh. We'll be aiight though, b. It's still RAP MUSIC dot COM.
    test
  8. KooL La!d

KooL La!d iRock Cafe

Whatever, let em' leave.

Differences arose, people bounced because they obviously couldn't be settled, and here we are...
    test
  9. Sin Skywalker

Hopefully we get this area poppin' again man.
    test
  10. Oscar Wilde

Oscar Wilde Well-Known Member

Yea.. it's rap music .com not rap battles .com -- why do you think the URL alone will bring back old/new members?!

The battle rap community is still relatively small and close-knit, shit it took Foreman less than 48 hours to start up his own website, take ALL of RMs BVA users and get ALL of the usual battlers to post there. At events and amongst battlers, etc. the name of Foreman's new website has been thrown around, DBD show has said it's the new place to go, etc. -- you shouldn't think a URL alone will get more users in.

RM fucked up royally by doing the following:

1) Didn't tell the community that MAJOR changes were coming. Screenshots, how-to's, possibly even test website running alongside the old site allowing users to give feedback before it goes live, etc. was not done. All we were told was 'maintenance' was going on, next thing we know the site is completely different - in design and functionality.

2) RM was extremely slow responding to even the most basic of things. CSS edits that would have made the website instantly more usable were not complete for about a week (I'm talking about the width of the forum, padding, etc.) These things could have been done immediately, 24 hours at the latest.

3) Massive confusion in the first week or so of the new design. Honestly, how fucking difficult is it to start a sticky'd thread in BVA and gather all feedback from users? There was dozens o threads started by confused users wondering 'where is this gone' 'how do i do this' etc. There should have been a big thread by admin detailin what has changed, etc. too. The lack of communication by the staff/admins is baffling

4) The attitude of some of your admins (thinking Jook mainly) was the final nail in the coffin. His attitude stinks and he showed no humility, remorse, understanding, etc. whenever the users gave criticism. Just dished out bans and insults.

I see this 'don't worry we have a great url - rap music.com' line trotted around here some times and it's bullshit. Yes you will get a lot of traffic from searches (well that's providing your SEO rank has not been affected by completely changing your website's code/framework) - but these users will want rap music when clicking here, not battles (or they would have typed rap battles, not rap music, right?)

RM has shot itself in the foot and it's pathetic, you guys seem to be in denial.
    • -Rep -Rep x 2
    test
  11. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

:jeffsosad:
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    test
  12. Sin Skywalker

TBH I've been a member of t

I don't think I ever said this is rapbattles . com or shouldn't be about rap MUSIC though. I mean you probably got some valid points in your post but the actual format of the site is pretty much how it used to be with mostly cosmetic and feature upgrades and it's just using a different board to run other than VBB. The only valid complaints I really see from people was the tapatalk thing and not keeping the community in the loop as much as we should have. Maybe the repping thing. But all of those were eventually brought back.

I mean a little patience from the community would'a helped but I agree maybe we could have reached out a little more. Again I was never / am not a mod of the BVA section, tbh. And I dunno about being in denial when we actively trying to do things FOR the community that posts here ATM and asking for feedback.

You can never go back in time bro you can only correct things moving forward.
    test
  13. -MV-

-MV- Banned

AEH is alive and well, that is pretty much the only part of the forum that matters
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  14. Pace Beats

Pace Beats Doesn't Feed The Trolls

good riddance
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  15. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

I was here long before this subforum ever existed.

A whole buncha people joined a few years ago to talk about battles, then they left, now people act like that's the only thing this site was ever good for.

Everyone I talked to before the battle bonanza is still here, all the queermo's who threw a hissy fit because they couldn't neg other people, left.

I can live without Willy's opinions being reiterated by every member of this particular forum.

Yes, this was the most popular forum, but for us older, a bit more loyal heads, this was never the reason we logged in in the first place.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  16. Sin Skywalker

Loyalty >>>

What they know about that @J Keeper :chefoooh:
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  17. Free Lynx

Free Lynx ®m legend Peter Parker

I been here since 99... bva just used to be a waste land with the majority posting in aeh... funny how things come full circle

www.reverbnation.com/freelynx
    tapatalk
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  18. Sin Skywalker

You ever thought of doing a live battle??
    test
  19. Free Lynx

Free Lynx ®m legend Peter Parker

I used to live battle all the time before everything was YouTube lol

I been thinking of doin kotd but thats allot of time i aint got tbh

www.reverbnation.com/freelynx
    tapatalk
    test
  20. Sin Skywalker

Yeah I meant since it's gotten more popular via the leagues like URL / KOTD.
    test