Writers interview

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by allnakey, Aug 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~Eloquent

~Eloquent Narcissistic....

Q:What made you want to start writing poetry?

A:just writing a lot of rhymes,but i would always put lots of emotion into it,cuz im constantly thinking of words and better,more unique ways to explain somethin.
    i started writing poetry,after i wrote a few about love and heartbreak,

i fell in love with writing poetry cuz i feel its a great way to express yourself and stored up emotion,in a positive way
    and ive always been like an artist,creator,i feel poetry is a way for me to have a voice...speak my opinons,dissapointments,etc.

Q:What are some of the outside influences that help you to think and write poetry every day...?

A:music...strong hip-hop music about somethin real,about the desire to really achieve something,

Nas is a great writer.

Q:How do you feel about def poetry on HBO... is it to commercial or just a great way to give exposure to some fresh new poets...?

A: i dont have HBO,lol,i would probaly check it out if i did

Q:What are some of the most influencial pieces you have read on her and what about them, that makes them so influecial to you...

A:man,a bunch of them...
    quotive and broken soul wrote on recently "beautiful roses"
    i was really feelin that one
    i enjoy reading RealMS,Psycho69,allnakey,lpoet,Lyrical Sorcery
    alot of talented writers on here..
    to hard to say which poems were the most influentual to me

Q:How did you discovery the poetry realm and what made you want to share some of your writings with the members of this fine Message board...?

A:ive been goin on these message boards for a few years
    writing hip-hop and poetry,i like stayin active so i can interact with other poets,and be inspired by their work/inspire others

Q:Who do you feel on this board has helped you further your writing abilities...?

A:lots of people,just readin their work,inspires me to write,maybe try different styles
    the poet tree section has kinda opened me back up to write about more diverse topics...

Q:Why do you keep coming back to the realm...?

A:to get feedback on poems im not to sure about, sharpen my skills be keep writing and doing collabs and interacting with other poets.

Q:What are some of your feelings on todays poetry and todays poetry... are they good, are they bad....?

A:ive always been one not really caring to write a formal,traditional type of poetry....
    just expressin my emotions and pursuing a way for my voice to be heard

i dont think you should have a certain style
    do what feels good,natural

Q:What modern day poet reminds you of yourself?
    A:to be honest,i dont read much modern day poetry at all

Q:What subjects are easiest for you to write about? What are the hardest?
    A:easiest-anything that has alot of emotion
    from sappy love poems to heartbreak,
    to politics and speaking for a cause i believe in...

hardest- i guess that would be the more traditional poems,using certain rhyme schemes shit like that,
    i dont like to set up certain schemes to write with...but i do like to try different things every now and then

Q:What are some songs that really help to get you in the writing mood, or what type of music gets you in that writers mood... if you listen to music at all when you write?

A:just real,street,inspired hip-hop
    not always the gritty shit,
    but rappers that use strong emotion like Nas,Tupac of course,

Q:What are your thoughts on hip hop and hip hop music, is it poetry... or is it a lack of poetic dialog ("ignorant poetry")?
    A:i feel real hip-hop is a perception of you and people can relate to it

i feel those focusing on ignorant topics of status symbols,trends and such,that isnt real hip-hop

thats like fitting an image cuz you know have more money,for some established artists,
    but they werent that person on the come up...

be true to you,and let the truth flow,not to worried about appealing to all...
    cuz truthfully some just dont understand the truth of hip-hop art...

and i feel hip-hop and poetry go hand and hand
    test
  2. Sykda

Sykda New Member

What made you want to start writing poetry?

---Life... Emotions of life needed to be expressed, and poetry or any form of writing for that matter, acts as a diary, where I can release my feelings..

What are some of the outside influences that help you to think and write poetry every day...?

--My emotiosn... And Detroit... The abandoned buildings, the homeless bums, the expressed graffitti, the issues of man.. Everything! Life is my influence to write..

How do you feel about def poetry on HBO... is it to commercial or just a great way to give exposure to some fresh new poets...?

---I dont care much for the idea of it.. Never saw it before though.. I think poetry should be written.. Poetry to me is A written form of CLEARLY expressing your feelings... And speeching your poem is.. well.. defeats the purpose I think..

What are some of the most influencial pieces you have read on her and what about them, that makes them so influecial to you...

--Everything influencesme! I love reading and I love writing.. No specific piece is greater than the other, just more clear and more... Literature based then others...

How did you discovery the poetry realm and what made you want to share some of your writings with the members of this fine Message board...?

---Well I like writing.. And I love criticism.. I love expressing my poetic abilty to write..

Who do you feel on this board has helped you further your writing abilities...?

--Myself.. Noone can helpl me further my ability to write.. I write my own style and I will gradually develop it better. I feel anyones criticism just borders specifics of what needed to get better and that are already good.

Why do you keep coming back to the realm...?

---Very influncial and very public..

What are some of your feelings on todays poetry and todays poetry... are they good, are they bad....?

--NOt as GREAT as older poems... But they are differently wriitten it seems. The old stuff seems so much stronger when they write..

What modern day poet reminds you of yourself?

--I dotn follow poetry..

What subjects are easiest for you to write about? What are the hardest?

--Easiest is Life and stories and shit... Hardest is Poems that limit you to certain standards and Intellkt poems.

What are some songs that really help to get you in the writing mood, or what type of music gets you in that writers mood... if you listen to music at all when you write?

--Slow rap, and Opera... Song- Late Nite Tip by 36 Mafia... Phil Collins- In the Air Tonight..

What are your thoughts on hip hop and hip hop music, is it poetry... or is it a lack of poetic dialog ("ignorant poetry")?

No, Hip Hop is poetry, but isnt. It has its few contributing artists that do it from the heart which is poetry but then you have the people that write Bling Bling, Kill Kill Kill, music and thats not poetry...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.