[-WRITER'S BLOCK-] (RSTL Magazine, Week 4)

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Quriosity, Oct 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[​IMG]

RSTL MAGAZINE

[- INTRODUCTION -]

As needed, this was a far better week than its predecessor. Thank those who decided to show up for their battles and a special ‘fuck you’ to those that didn’t; but, no hard feelings. Just continue to provide your best effort.

There was a lot of shit talking and bitching last week. However exciting it may be to read and watch you women mud wrestle through words, keep it to a bare minimum in the battle threads. We post a lounge and a magazine for a specific reason. If you have something on your mind or just want to hate on people, feel free; but, take it to the lounge or the magazine. It is time consuming and frustrating to continuously clean out your threads when we are all grown ass men. It is even more annoying to have to scroll through the clutter in order to vote. So please, take it to the lounge.

[- HERB OF THE WEEK -]

It was a tough decision this week. I’m really proud of mostly all of the participants for consistently sticking it out and trying to make this a better league. Some of you have really proven loyal to the storytelling league and we, the moderators, appreciate your efforts.

Nevertheless, some of you always tend to be gay week in and week out. But this week, I decided to go with a new name, an unfamiliar head who claims to be of some importance across the internet. However, I’m not here to debate his popularity online because I could honestly care less; but, I am here to question it.

Isn’t it ironic that a veteran and self proclaimed legend would be so quick to bitch about a vote when he’s clearly already losing? More importantly, isn’t it ironic for an archived emcee from ‘P.rowlers’, presumably god’s gift to net-cees, to be losing in the first place?

Nah Son, this isn’t a game of charades. You are who you are at any given moment. I’ll be the first to admit that I was a way better writer in my prime, mainly because I had more time and energy to devote to the craft. But I never boast about my titles or tournaments or people that I have beaten or anything of the sort. I am only who I am today.

The moral of the story? –Around here, we don’t vote according to who we feel deserves the most respect or who proclaims to have the most clout (except for Got Life?, a dick riding bastard if I’ve ever seen one). And even if Lok’s vote was suspect, which it may have been, as a self proclaimed veteran, you must display better composure and hve more confidence in your skills. It only took one post or private message to bring it to our attention. Same goes for Lok, you didn’t have to sign out or defend yourself repeatedly. We’re not 5th graders, we get the message.

Runner Up: Got Life?, for not beating LokStok like he said he would. He say, she say, blah, blah, blah, and more blah. You didn’t win, just live with it. Oh and also, for calling me gay as if I’m not married and expecting. Real intelligent remark, dumbass.​
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[- DIG IT OR DISH IT -]
    Every now and then, I will post a current piece from a former RSTL champion. The idea is for the current participants to give their feedback as to where the emcee's skills stand as of now. This will be a reality check to some, and the same old shit to others. Please drop your feedback. If you don't feel like dropping an elaborate breakdown [which most won't], then a simple dig it or dish it will suffice.

PENT UP

2x RSTL Champion
    RSTL 2007 Winter Masters Tournament Runner Up
    12 Championship Appearances

Diatribe Called Quest
    by Pent Up

Stressed, glum and beat because they say death comes in threes
    what I bet on, beaneath this chest of defeat rests somewhat weak
    Never knowing who's next on these streets and then on what week
    so keep to heart your chances, cause you only get ONE to speak
    from dead bums six deep to the folks you love to be with
    its no ugly secret life is fast so don't spend it bugged with grievance
    I'ma get struck and heated the day my cats are dug in pieces
    but thinking they'll outlive me is a fucked perceivance
    My cats'll die in about 12 years if I'm lucky
    hearing this sucks peeps, saying it really just bugs me
    but how do we ignore the realness? it haunts me
    when gone is GONE, and the longing longs, never healing up NOTHING
    the feeling just cuts DEEP, and some cry and become anti-social,
    anti-hopeful, who keep the blame to have their hands and throats full
    others become iron-clad, flying the silent flag but cant atone to
    that standard "lone" who has to sail their boat through

But there's no words for dead except
    (gone gone gone gone, gone gone GONE..)
    an EMPTINESS that tends to stretch
    (gone gone gone gone, gone gone GONE...)
    the feeling never leaves, it imbeds itself
    until your gone, gone or getting left

I drive by the cemetery daily, its part of my route
    I'm startled with doubt when I see kids fartin around
    like seeing the saddening graves prod from the ground
    doesnt leave a grave feeling in the hearts of the crowd
    I bet it keeps their gaurdians proud, I disagree with them
    how do they not get images of the misery of men?
    jittery old friends and family withering to death
    they should be sick with grief instantly, and then....
    a dream I see of my parents like this too
    screaming and weeping while incoherrent spite's the fuel
    the adherent life I viewed turned to careless, lifeless tubes
    when grandma passed in her chair at ninety-two.
    Barely brightened future lit up by remaining family
    sustaining happily, while the internal bane of massive grief
    strains erratically between the pain attached to each
    involved and an emptiness that gains no clarity

But there's no words for dead except

Now try to feel this chief, I'm a liability
    eighty hours a week I drive at different speeds
    but constantly moving, for the prize of gritty cheese
    one accident doing these timely, shitty deeds
    could cause my parents to have to bury me
    I think about this every days last delivery
    Fast and scary speeds when I'm late can snatch the air I breathe
    That, apparently, you can never catch me cherishing
    in a flash I dare to leave and in flash some news is broke
    to my folks, who then choke like they fell with noose and rope
    and it seems to be the way that humans cope
    or lack thereof when emotive emission fumes are low
    How do we bear that emptiness, its undescribable
    you HAVE TO let go, otherwise you'll feel light and you'll
    be tied and pulled to an anchor designed for you
    to stay at bay with, instead of seeing a sea right to cruise....

but there'll never be words for dead except

but there'll never be words for dead except
    (Gone gone gone, gone gone GONE....)​
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[- BLAST FROM THE PAST -]
    By Dic

By Richard Corey
    Posted Dec, 2005

The Lost City
    11-02-05

From my window’s vantage,
    I looked down on the city Atlantis
    as its concrete streets sunk swiftly and vanished
    beneath the bleak seas. Whirling windy, it vanquished
    the howls of this steel child left drifting, abandoned.
    And I saw the city’s many penniless, gritty and famished;
    standing stranded on rooftops of the flimsiest canvas.
    The emptiest hands get ignored. … Poor city Atlantis;
    men died, clenched in the grips of this withering mammoth.
    Others floated on blind faith and miniscule promises,
    wrapped in deflated inner tubes. The citadel’s hostages
    lay trapped in liquid spools of a brutal fate’s embrace,
    to waste away in bitter pools of human waste, they pray.

And I watched as Death leapt from the sea
    a hungry thief,
    plundering the crumbled streets in its drunken feast.
    Liquid tentacles tickled piano notes; brushed the Keyes,
    swallowing the audible garbles of a trumpet’s plea.
    From my vantage…I watched their futile scuffles for air.
    Atlantis became a vibrant canvas of water-colored despair.
    The ash-black, pastel blue faces of the oxygen starved,
    formed a macabre mosaic with every single carcass involved
    in this masterpiece of atrophy; painted asphyxiation;
    the ideographic images for pain’s heinous deviations.
    I watched
    as Death celebrates this abhorrent devastation
    and horrid decimation. Rotting corpses elevating
    over the somber sea, with determined dissent,
    fled their graves for the ocean water’s Current events.
    The dead danced in the streets and delight in the throngs
    of zombie citizens, singing overzealous zydeco songs.
    Long stretches of road, adorned with the poor and dejected,
    mingled with the corpses the water’s force resurrected.

And we watch,
    far and removed as the horrors ensue,
    ignoring a truth that gallons of sea water couldn’t dilute.
    It’s safe to voyage into voyeurism…It’s so easy to watch
    when the needy are propped up on stages and seated in hot
    spotlights. From our vantage, pain takes center stage. And
    it’s easy to blame the victim, when it’s only entertainment.
    We throw down any payment for the show and say it killed,
    while they try to soak up ocean water with the paper bills.

But…
    from my window’s vantage,
    I can’t help but love the poor city Atlantis
    as its concrete streets sink swiftly and vanish.
    It’s poor denizens, looking up for a chance to be saved
    While Death arises like flood waters
    to dance on their graves…

A Monster Set Loose on the Public.
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[- THIS WEEK'S REVIEWS -]

Vern Acular vs. DaAlmightyDolla

DAD, maybe it went over my head, but I didn’t enjoy this piece at all. I mean, don’t get me wrong, it was above average, but you should have known that this wouldn’t have beaten a Vern. Hell, Got Life would’ve even torn this up. The ending was weak, the flow was simple and off at times, the emotion was there but had no effect due to the story being rather uninteresting. I really just didn’t like it. Sorry. Overall, --it was a decent piece nonetheless, and others may have loved it, but it did little to nothing for my taste buds.
    [​IMG]

Vern, you did more than enough to snag the win. This wasn’t the most spectacular piece ever written, or the best that I’ve seen from you by far. The flow was solid for the most part and made for a nearly flawless read, although there were lines that my have been off a syllable or a word was spelled wrong or this that and the other. Also, the ending was rather weak to me; but the rest of the story held my attention and made for a dope piece. You most definitely have a way with words, and I respect the flow and the fact that it takes nothing away from the story. Overall, --this was good drop and a solid win.
    [​IMG]

Vern Acular advances.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++

LokStok vs. Got Life?

LokStok, your story was well written for the most part, the flow seemed to struggle in some places and shine in others, overall it was pretty steady throughout, the word choice in some lines was repetitive which you should try to avoid in any form of writing, one example i can think of is the diverted looks and converted looks line, nevertheless, the story for the most part kept my attention and was definately above par, the ending could have been a bit more exciting, however i actually thought it was nice and i would have never predicted her to be in love with her brother, or for her to be posing as a vampire, it was an elaborate plot and conveyed rather well, overall --this was a good drop
    [​IMG]

Got Life?, your flow was rather simple, as usual, but it still read smoothly, i would love to see you rhyme more syllables together on a regular basis, but nevertheless, the story was well written mechanically for the most part, but the actual story was rather boring, it drug on about his relationship with his wife, the kid, and then the kids predictable demise and the end, it was drawn out from the beginning as a read and it took away greatly from the impact of the verse, also, i felt you should have focused less on separating paragraphs for details about his relationships and spent more time on building a better conclusion, even after the kid died i was expecting some grand twist but instead he just cried himself to sleep on top of the roof, what a grand exit, --overall, it was a decent verse considering the storyline, or lackthereof
    [​IMG]

Match ends in a tie.
    Both emcees advance.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++

Nah Son vs. Resolute God

Resolute God, your flow was somewhat solid for the most part, of course there are always places that could have read better to the reader because each reader has the ability to detect a different flow, either way --for the most part it was solid, the actual story in itself could have been better to me, or better executed, however it was still a pretty solid script, i enjoyed the first stanza and how you wrote as if you really had the speech impediment, also, i suppose i enjoyed the way you touched on his insecurities and then tied them together at the end, but at the same time, i felt this was your weakest point and had the flow between stanzas been a little smoother and correlated just a bit, you would have had an almost completely solid drop, but nevertheless --pretty dope stuff
    [​IMG]

Nah Son, i wasn’t too impressed, you started off pretty well but before the first stanza was even finished your flow would begin to fall off, it stayed [inconsistently] inconsistent throughout, but i enjoyed the ease in reading your verse and i had numerous ideas of where you could have taken the piece as i was reading it, however, where you took it was actually a disappointment to me, a better twist would have been if she spared his life and yet he killed her because he was in the same line of [profession] as she, nevertheless, i cant too much nitpick about your choice of closer, but i can say that it wasn’t very surprising nor was it interesting which really ruined the impact of your verse, overall --it was a decent drop
    [​IMG]

Match ends in a tie.
    Both emcees advance.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++

Twixin.. vs. TheReturn

TheReturn, good flow and nice drop; short, sweet, and easy to read. The flow started off somewhat solid and stayed consistently smooth up until the end where I felt that it fell off a bit. The story in itself wasn’t very interesting or creative, but it was well written for the most part. The ending was rather weak and took away from the impact of the verse; a very drawn out storyline. Overall, --it was a decent drop.
    [​IMG]

Twixin, umm, you took a step back in my opinion. The flow seemed to be forced in the parts where it actually flowed, and the rest of the story suffered from lack of a good flow. The overall storyline could have been made to be a great story had you put more thought and creativity into the actual plot. It wasn’t conveyed well and the ending was told to the reader in the middle of the verse. Overall, this was nothing more than okayish.
    [​IMG]

TheReturn advances.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++​
    test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Cane vs. Jersey Emcee

Cane, I actually enjoyed reading this peace. Although, I think the subject has been overused in these past few weeks, you relayed the message in a creative manner and kept my attention throughout. The flow was steady and consistent and you had a strong voice. But above all, I felt that you actually stuck to telling a story. It was an easy read and I never got lost in the vocabulary or flow. The story in itself, again, has been overused, but I appreciated the fresh outlook. The ending could have been more powerful, but the cutthroat approach fit the script. Overall, --it was a good read.
    [​IMG]

Jersey Emcee, what a weak attempt. You claimed that you were drunk, but I’m only halfway a believer. The verse showed effort, however minimal that it may be; and the fact is that if I were drunk, I would never spend time to compose an RSTL verse. But nevertheless, drunk or not, the verse was eh? Words couldn’t quite describe my feelings towards the verse. I mean, it was wack but it wasn’t; if that makes any sense. The flow was actually decent, but it sounded like a more polished version of a RYDOGG verse. And the ending was non existent. Whether you were drunk or not, I’m sure you foresaw the outcome of this verse. Overall, --eh?
    [​IMG]

Cane advances.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++

Trybz vs. S. Issue

Standard Issue, you came decent, the rhyme scheme that you went with stayed consistent throughout, although it could have been much better and made for a much more effective flow throughout the story, also, the story in itself was anything but spectacular, an average stick to the script story in which you seemed to feel you had a good twist but it was decent at best, nevertheless, you did more than enough for the win
    [​IMG]

Trybz, your flow was actually better imo, however short the bars may have been, plus you actually had a better storyline, but it read like you posted the outline to what could have been a decently written story, i guess will never know because as it stands, you collectively posted MAYBE a paragraph and a half, you never even gave yourself time to elaborate details or fully execute an interesting story, potential shined through but you have to do much more in order to become a solid competitor in this league
    [​IMG]

S. Issue advances.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++

Tekneek vs. Anaphora

Anaphora, very cutthroat and to the point. The flow was almost undetectable in some cases, and steady in others. The story was bland and very uncreative and uninteresting. But more importantly, it was just a no show verse. Decent drop.
    [​IMG]

Tekneek no shows.
    [​IMG]

Anaphora advances.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++

Eye-Rime vs. Ribo Nuke

Eye-Rime, your flow was solid, but the verse never had time to come together; which was expected seeing as how Nuke no showed. It would have been an interesting match, but oh well.
    [​IMG]

Ribo Nuke no shows.
    [​IMG]

Eye-Rime advances.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++

Headless Verseman vs. Craka Jak

Headless Verseman, you posted everything that a no show verse should have; meaning nothing. This would have been an interesting match up, but instead Craka no showed and you posted what you had to. Your verse was boring and it went no where, which I’m sure was the intention so I won’t go any further.
    [​IMG]

Craka Jak no shows.
    [​IMG]

Headless Verseman advances.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++

SacriFICE vs. RYDOGG

SacriFICE, at first I appreciated the flow, it was a fresh approach in the first stanza. But afterwards, the style seemed to conform and the flow just fell into a repetitive trance and was somewhat annoying. The ending was non existent because the verse was unfinished. Still, I think you did too much for the no show. I read the effort put into this verse. Overall, --decent start of what would have been a decent [or good] verse.
    [​IMG]

RYDOGG no shows.
    [​IMG]

SacriFICE advances.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++

Vigil vs. MC4SiGHT

Vigil no shows.
    [​IMG]

MC4SiGHT no shows.
    [​IMG]
    ++++++++++++++++++++++

Solaris vs. Aesir

Solaris no shows.
    [​IMG]

Aesir no shows.
    [​IMG]
    ++++++++++++++++++++++​
    test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[- HEADLINERS OF THE WEEK -]
    Based On Completed Matches

BEST VERSE OVERALL
    Vern Acular

2ND BEST VERSE OVERALL
    Cane, for having a creative approach

WACKEST VERSE OVERALL
    Trybz
    Jersey_Emcee

BEST OVERALL MATCHUP
    Resolute God vs. Nah Son

WACKEST OVERALL MATCHUP
    Trybz vs. S. Issue
    Cane vs. Jersey_Emcee

BIGGEST UPSET OF THE WEEK
    Got Life not living up to his word: “The only way I lose this is if I no-show"

[- RANKINGS -]

[CHAMPIONSHIP]
    1. Vern Acular (4-0) vs. 2. LokStok (3-0) vs. 3. Got Life (3-1)

[CONTENDERSHIP]
    4. Eye-Rime (2-0) vs. 5. Cane (2-0)

6. headless verseman (3-1) vs. 7. nah son (1-0)
    8. TheReturn (1-0) vs. 9. Anaphora (1-0)
    10. DaAlmightyDolla (3-1) vs. 11. S. Issue (1-0)
    12. SacriFICE (1-1) vs. 13. Ribo Nuke (1-1) vs.
    14. Jersey_Emcee (2-2) vs. 15. Trybz (1-2)
    16. Twixn.. (1-2) vs. 17. furl (0-0)
    18. Ashen Horse (0-0) vs. 19. Robin Banks! (0-0)
    20. Me$$y One (0-0) vs. 21. R3DRUM (0-0)
    22. Retulen Reactus (0-0) vs. 23. 4Matt (0-0)
    24. Unavailable. (0-0) vs. 25 -Atreyu- (0-0)

[- PREDICTIONS -]

[CHAMPIONSHIP]
    1. Vern Acular (4-0) vs. 2. LokStok (3-0) vs. 3. Got Life (3-1)

Vern Acular -5

In a nutshell, Vern will post something spectacular to the public eye, as usual, LokStok will write his heart out and surprise the voters, coming in second, and Got Life will write his heart out and claim that he went soft or some shit and how he thought a better written piece would win over a better story, --followed by bitching about votes and calling me gay. In the end, Vern wins by a landslide, because either competitor is in his league. IF there is an upset, Lokstok will be the victor, --but I HIGHLY doubt it.

[CONTENDERSHIP]
    4. Eye-Rime (2-0) vs. 5. Cane (2-0)

Even

If both emcees show, this will be a good match up. Eye-Rime came off a no show win while Cane came off a win equivalent to a no show. Both are pretty even, mechanically, and it should come down to who tells the better story. I’ll pick Eye-Rime in an upset.

6. headless verseman (3-1) vs. 7. nah son (1-0)
    Headless -2

Nah son didn’t impress me last week, although he claims to be the King Kong of the internet. I suppose we’ll see what he’s made of this week. Nevertheless, my gut tells me that Headless will still pull off the win by at least 2 votes.

8. TheReturn (1-0) vs. 9. Anaphora (1-0)
    TheReturn -2

TR is held high in the opinion of some of our participants. I know little of each except that TR is a former champ and Anaphora is coming off a no show win. My gut tells me that TheReturn is the better writer, plus he has more of a following (Got Life sucks the dick of any former champ from what I can see, so that’s at least 1 guaranteed vote), so I’ll got with him by 2 votes. Hopefully they’re both not ex-champs or Got Life’s going to have a tough decision.

10. DaAlmightyDolla (3-1) vs. 11. S. Issue (1-0)
    DAD -1

Although I predict DAD to win, I predict to vote for S. Issue. DAD is a good writer at best, and I have yet to be impressed by him. Bluntly, I’m just not a fan of his writing. I’ve only read one S. Issue verse and it was decent, but somehow I still predict to enjoy his verse more than DAD’s; especially, if DAD is still on that chapter bull shit. Even still, I’ve got DaAlmightyDolla winning by at least a vote.

12. SacriFICE (1-1) vs. 13. Ribo Nuke (1-1)
    Even

This looks to be a good match up. Toss up, but I’ll say FICE.

14. Jersey_Emcee (2-2) vs. 15. Trybz (1-2)
    Jersey -1

Trybz has shown potential and Jersey has shown lack of effort. If both write to their fullest abilities, this could be a great match up. I think Trybz definitely has what it takes to win, but I’m going with Jersey by at least a vote, assuming that he shows and that he writes sober.

16. Twixn.. (1-2) vs. 17. furl (0-0)
    Even

Twixn has had a hard time in the league so far, although he’s actually a pretty good writer. I’ll predict Twixin to win, since furl has been absent.

18. Ashen Horse (0-0) vs. 19. Robin Banks! (0-0)
    Ashen Horse -5

Depending on who Robin Banks is, I’m thinking Pest will win this one pretty easily. Hopefully it will be a better match up than expected, and maybe Robin Banks will turn out to be WWIII; although I seriously doubt it.

20. Me$$y One (0-0) vs. 21. R3DRUM (0-0)
    Even

Who knows? I’ll say R3DRUM, because Me$$y’s name is dumber.

22. Retulen Reactus (0-0) vs. 23. 4Matt (0-0)
    Even

Not sure. 4Matt who? I believe I remember RR, but not in the RSTL. I’ll say Retulen.

24. Unavailable. (0-0) vs. 25 -Atreyu- (0-0)
    Even

Hmmm. Un and me go back, and I’m not positive as to who Atreyu is. I believe I had that name registered at some point in time. Nevertheless, Atreyu sounds dope and I haven’t been a fan of Un’s recent material, so I’ll say Atreyu.​
    test
  7. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[- INTERVIEW -]

Interview With That Fool Got Life?
    by DiC

[AVAILABLE] Drunk on the roof, screaming at God.

Got Life?: aye

DiC Sup

Got Life?: e: nm...saw your post bout doin an interview, if you haven't gotten someone you wanted to speak to yet, i'm game

DiC All good
    DiC Prolly tomorrow, ur the only person to come to me
    DiC Seems appropriate so I'm col with that

Got Life: doubt i'll be online 2morrow

DiC U obviously need to be heard

Got Life?: any real vet that ever held weight in the league
    needs to be heard

DiC U really consider urself a vet huh....

Got Life?: compared to what's in the league now
    Got Life?: by a mile
    E Got Life: do I consider myself a vet compared to like Richard Corey or someone along those lines, not at all

DiC I'll do it now.... fuck it.... this is kinda amuzing..

Got Life?: lol
    Got Life?: that works

DiC Ight Mr. GotLife?.... being an outsider looking in, you've actually made the league look amuzing to me. Speaking as a former mod that uv beefed with and knowing that you constantly belittle MCQ, why is it that you feel a need to make mod's jobs harder?
    DiC I'm curious as to how u answer this....

Got Life?: I don't know if I would say all that, it's a difference of opinion really, I mean plenty of people didn't make my life easy when I was modding...first and foremost TekNeek who ran off on some RSTL audio shit, but I mean I never had issues with Tali or Riko when they were modding...it seems that it's more of a clash of personalities...with you and Pent it was on some back and forth shit and we kept having close battles that could have gone either way...with MCQ, he's some kid who really hasn't done anything to deserve accolade and he acts as if he's god's gift to topical writing...you know me and my ego would never allow that, and I dare to say I'm not the only one who would be in a similar situation.

DiC Ok, I can understand that....
    DiC But you know a lot of people would say the same thing about you. That ur ego is superinflated and you're not any where near as good as you think you are......
    DiC Granted you beat me to get ur 1 title and I'm great and have beaten almost everyone, including rich corey, but I digress... lol... u even talk shit when u lose, what's that about? Can't call someone a peon when they beat you...

Got Life?: I normally don't talk shit when I lose, but there have been times where I've felt cheated out of battles, most recently I think the fact that Mike Sullivan beat me was flat out highway robbery...granted my verse was more complex and something maybe not everyone understood, but the fact that it garnered votes from people who had a combined maybe 6 RSTL battles between the 4 of them...in their lives...shit is a little fucked...but my issue wasn't with Mike Sullivan in that regard, my issue was with the reasoning of voters, not so much how they voted...see if someone goes to me "listen I didn't get it, so I'ma vote for Mike..."...arite, bet I'll live with that...but if you're going to say "Your bars were short and 4 of them could have been a line, I didn't get your flow...I'm voting for Mike"...that's some bullshit
    Got Life?: At the end of the day it is what it is.

DiC Ok, you know what I'm gonna foo...... we all get losses that seem unfair. I could name several of my own and your title win would be included in that, but it happens. Voting... well, people haveweird ways of voting, I'll just say that's always been how the league works though.

Got Life?: Right...and unfortunately those who should be voting, some of the better writers don't give a plain fuck...like Vern,he hasn't voted on a single battle and here he is about to roll over another scrub for yet another title.

DiC Lol... exactly.... that's always a bg problem..... Vets not voting unless it's the only way to advance.
    DiC It's been going on for as long as I can remember and its not gonna stop anytime soon. The league relies on the new opinions and new writing... I've preached that for years and u know that.

Got Life?: cause mind you the RSTL is where I started writing topcicals to begin with.

DiC But with that being the case, isn't it better to try and
    help the new writers
    DiC I know GotLife.... I guess a lot of people don't know the story of why ur in the RSTL... lol

Got Life?: right, I agree, but there aren't any new writers who want to listen to anything...all the "new writers'' think they're God's gift to topical writing

DiC : That's not one I feel like telling right now though

Got Life?: LOL
    Got Life?: you could say "Tha Talent" was my inspiration

DiC Yea, but u were and are the same way....

Got Life?: I'll always be the same person, but that's what people don't get, this is how I am, I don't sugar coat shit, I let people know how I feel

DiC I guess he's SMO crew so I should say he's dope too... he's cool I guess​
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Got Life?: whatever's clever

DiC Ok, so lets get the dirt.....
    DiC Who is the weakest guy in the league and why

Got Life?: Rydogg, the kid is probably weaker then the garbage cats that post bullshit keystyles in the OM, he's just not good on any level, but in fairness to him he's probably 12 or 13

DiC Dizzam
    DiC Ok, who's the best in the league at the moment then

Got Life?: I'll say me, cause i'm a cocky son of a bitch...I think when I actually come to the table I can outwrite anyone in the league and there's no one really dropping gems, I see a lot of inconsistancies in Vern nowadays, probably due to a lack of motivation...HV is a solid writer, but he hasn't blown me away yet.
    Got Life?: Sac is back but seems rusty, dunno how good Anaphora will be in his return, Baron is obviously Baron...and with Jook signing back in next week
    Got Life?: there will be some heavy weights in the mix
    Got Life?: the best writer right now comes down to personal preference

DiC Ur the best in the league.... you see what I'm alking about? Lmao

Got Life?: You're going to tell me you didn't walk around saying the same thing when you were in the league?

DiC That I'm the best.... nope, never said that
    DiC Never even thought it... thought I was in the top 5 though @ any given time

Got Life?: I guess I should have won that biggest ego award after all

DiC Did I win that?

Got Life?: it was either me or you

DiC I didn't win that..... I don't think. Maybe I did tho

Got Life?: eh...one of us certainly walked away with it

DiC But I did win 2 tournaments and 3 titles in a like 5 months
    DiC Lol

Got Life?: haha

DiC Enough gloating tho... lol... why don't you help the mods since you think the league needs help and you obviously think you're skilled enough to help

Got Life?: I don't have the time

DiC Ok, but you would help...

Got Life?: I wouldn't have a problem helping if I had the time, but that's not happening anytime soon.
    Got Life?: I'm finishing a masters program, I work fulltime, and I have a life

DiC A few more things before we wrap this up.......

Got Life?: sure

DiC what do you think the league needs outside of good voting to prosper more?

Got Life?: the only thing the league ever needed were Mods that get things done ontime, members voting, and good writers showing up and staying signed in to keep the interest and motivational aspect alive

DiC I can feel that....
    DiC Think the mods job depends on the other parts though so it makes it hard to keep shit up
    DiC Name 2 people missing from the league that could completely
    save it and make it way better for all...
    DiC *waits for him to say Tali and Riko*

Got Life?: haha

Got Life?: Essentially while Tali is like the moses of the RSTL, I don't think there are any 2 people that could "revive'' the league...nor is it necessarily dead...although it would be great to seesome of the truly great writers back in the league, which would on it's own accord bring in more attention and more life. It would take more than just 2 writers though.

DiC All gravy man.... do da damn and goodluck in the league..... all you other league ninjas, getcha vote on and don't be hatin... keep it about the elements of verse writing.

[​IMG]

Stay Cool Cats.... Pz

[- PREDICTION ACCURACY -]
    At the end of 12 weeks a prize of 50-100$ will be rewarded to the most accurate participant. If you miss a week of predictions then you get 0 of the total number. So don't miss out. If you do miss out it's still possible to win. Also, double no shows are tossed out. Only participants and Ex champs are allowed to participate.

Coming Soon…

[- POWER RANKINGS -]
    Based On the Accumulation of Stars

1. Vern Acular [10.5]
    2. Baron Mynd [6.5]
    3. Cane [6]
    4. LokStok [5.5]
    5. Eye-Rime [5]
    5. Got Life? [5]
    7. DaAlmightyDolla [4.5]
    8. Headless Verseman [4]
    9. Twixn.. [3.5]
    10. Alamo IV [3]
    10. Ribo Nuke [3]
    12. Jersey Emcee [2.5]
    12. Mike Sullivan [2.5]
    14. CraKa JaK [2]
    14. fist [2]
    14. TheReturn [2]
    14. Trybz [2]
    14. Twixin.. [2]
    19. SacriFICE [2]
    20. Nah Son [1.5]
    21. King Grimet [1]
    21. RYDOGG [1]
    21. S. Issue [1]
    21. Vigil [1]
    25. Anaphora [0.5]

[- CONCLUSION -]

A better week than the last, more heads showed up but a lot of heads still said fuck it. Hopefully this will get better. I apologize for the late magazine, although most of you don’t appreciate my efforts anyway. But, whatevers clever. Good luck to all of the competitors. There’s some interesting matches, so let’s make this week a good one!

I would like to extend a special thanks to Dic for helping with the magazine this week.
    test
  9. nah son

nah son the hundredaire

quick question

how did my opponent get an entire star more than me but we tied?

does it have something to do with me being herb of the week?

and me being herb of the weeks is because a person didn't read my verse and voted against me

so i am a herb for wanting a fair match?

also i never claimed to be a legend or anything of the sort

sorry you perceived me that way

it's kind of flattering

on the other hand it's kind of not

because now you are talking shit about me and hating on me when i only joined this league to help out a good friend who said the talent pool wasn't too great and that i would make a good addition

so why piss me off and make me want to say fuck this league?

do you think i really have anymore to prove?

because i don't

i am here to write so keep my name out of your headlines and stay out of my matches because you are a hater

who do i talk to, to get this guy banned from my matches? jook?

keep doing what you do but i will tell you if you keep writing mags with no supporting body only shit talking not many people will stay around
    test
  10. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Very good mag indeed. I'll get those prediction accuracy results to you in the morning, I already have them done it's a matter of putting some touches on em' before they are posted. Q is in second place though, 4sight fell off because he didn't post predictions last week. I am thinking about starting them over so we can start fresh. I am demolishing you kids right now.

What do you guys think? Start predictions over for money? Or say fuck the idea? Or keep it going?

It's on yall.
    test
  11. S. Issue

S. Issue Who?

the prediction accuracy, meh. its fun to play i guess. um, overall, pretty good mag. thanks for taking the time to put shit together, but i think your rankings might be bonk. i mean, youre about the only person who thought my verse sucked i guess. but i mean, i guess you write the mag so that means it is your opinion in here. :]

anyways, once again, thanks for taking time to do it. i know it gets boring sometimes.
    test
  12. R3DRUM

R3DRUM Bloody Mary Jane

im too lazy to predict anything other than my match...
    test
  13. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

seriously your a hater
    the next time i come off on a verse ill cum on it 2 so that way it can satisfy ur taste buds. u even said chances r u would vote 4 issue b4 even reading my verse. how is that even credible
    i even switched up my style and recieved more positive than negative feedback yet i get 1 star.

ur rating system is flawed.
    heres an idea. instead of it being based on ur opinion. do an overall assessment of the votes given in the battle. that way it would hold water. otherwise some ppl will think certain ppl have no skills when in actuality u just have no taste. verns verse should have been at least 4 stars.

if there isnt enough votes given than let it be manditory that the contestants in the championship and contenders match give feedback on the no shows aswell.

there ive provided more input on running this league than u have. all u have 2 show is some red dragon balls and a heads up on nexts week asshole of the week
    test
  14. S. Issue

S. Issue Who?

^---slight agreement. the flawed system is really kind of horrible. it makes everyone look REALLY bad, when there are some pretty decent writers here for the most part.
    test
  15. R3DRUM

R3DRUM Bloody Mary Jane

lmao...that dragonballz throwbaaaack!!
    test
  16. Twixn...

Twixn... Go Wild

nice read.
    test
  17. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

the interview is there, and the blast from the past was submitted by dic homeslice

and all of my votes have been honest, ive voted in your favor when i thought you won, and against you when i thought you lost, its really that simple, and ive never discredited your votes either
    test
  18. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

i feel what you're saying, but ofcourse my ratings are biased towards my opinions because that's all they are

why would i post the turnouts of the votes when everyone read the votes, it would be pointless

if you people would only understand that the mag is written by me, then maybe it wouldnt mean so much to you

people were supposed to submit their breakdowns so i could post more opinions, but no one has submitted anything to me but Dic [blast from the past, interview] and Pent Up and they're not even in the league

i no longer have respect for you faggots who come in here as if you care but never do shit to help

bottom line is DAD, i didnt like your verse and i dont like your writing, this is why i predict to vote against you because i havent liked what you've written since the RSTL tournament, if you drop better than S. Issue then by all means i'll vote for you, its simple really

this league is full of a bunch of motherfuckin rocket scientists, i swear, get a clue
    test
  19. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

wow, you people are all children

and homie, you were running around here saying that you're archivedand this that and the other, but who cares?

i gave you herb of the week for not living up to the image you gave everyone about being a veteren, yet you're still as childish as the rest of em, and now youre trying to ban me from your match ups? pffft, no --you dont talk to jook about that because its not possible... but i will stay away from your matches as well as everyone elses from now on since unless i give you faggots praise then i suck

i give praise where praise is due in my opinion

but oh well, no more mags for you fags, no more extra shit from me, DAD and Got Life can collab and write something more interesting, i see you guys only respect dick suckers and i can only be me
    test
  20. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

thank you
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.