Wrestling Like/Dislike Game

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by M-theory, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Going back to an old thread created by Macabre:

I guess I'll start with Undertaker then...

Like: He's one of the most legendary guys in WWF history, and right now he's probably one of the biggest drawing superstars in the current industy. Been in some great battles as well. If it wasn't for Undertaker, the Hell in a Cell match might not have some of the most brutal brawls in history.

Dislike: When he was face as the American Badass character it got old quick. Didn't make sense. The whole feud he had with DDP. Outcomes of his matches are quite predictable most of the time.

Next: Kurt Angle
    test
  2. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

Like: Has (or had) the ability to make anybody look good. Can be a great comedy character. Has put on some great matches with a variety of opponents. His credentials as an amateur give wrestling a bit of legitimacy. The original bad ass wrestling machine Angle character was pretty good and was fresh after years of being a comedy character. Crazy Kurt gives some of the best delusional radio interviews this side of Iron Sheik.

Dislike: His matches have gotten repetitive and he can't do what he used to be able to do, but seems to think he can. Seems to have decided that he won't job to anyone unless it's returned multiple times over (Joe). Crazy Roid Rage Bad Ass Angle has gotten really old and was never really interesting. His WWE bashing makes himself and TNA look bad. Basically watching him at all these days is painful, especially knowing what he used to be capable of.

Next: Edge
    test
  3. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Like: Came in as a guy with great Superstar potential. Although a little quirky, his character kept evolving. The fact that one time he became a dark-brooding/vampire-type character, I admire that he came out of it smoothly, and never had to go back to it like a lot of guys in popular dead-end gimmicks - that we can watch him today, and not even think: "He really needs to go back to that, he's lame now." I really think he can adjust to many different roles he could possibly be given, he's proved it already... he's so adaptable, I'm at a loss as to why they hadn't done more with him sooner. Can't forget how much he has improved in his promo skills over time. Nobody can shake away the threads he wears as to accomplishments and great moments of the past. The fact that he's outwitted everybody who thought less of him in the creative department, forcing them to take notice and adjust to his presence at each and every event. He's Canadian. He fucked Matt Hardy's girlfriend, Lita, which stemmed the breakup, the live sex show (overrating it for the hell of it), the most surprising return of Matt Hardy, JBL's bashing of Matt Hardy typing on the internet, and the Reenactment.

Dislike: He fucked Matt Hardy's girlfriend, LITA, for fucks sakes. What was he thinking? I hope it has to do with tattoos and a piercing, or just doing the do, but Matt's Reenactment says otherwise. I don't think the Trevor Murdoch tights would be a very appealing wardrobe, but hey, it was the airport's mistake. Although a good performer in the ring, his most praised and most talked about matches invole some sort of gimmick. While some of them are great in their own right, I think it would be nice if he had the chance to wrestle someone who can or will actually take him to the limits in a regular type of match for an all-out spectacular on PPV. Maybe I'm just forgetful though? Oh yeah, and if there's one thing I can contradict myself on from the Likes paragraph, I'm going to have to say he really ought to go back to doing the five second pose routine, as the World Heavyweight Champion.

Next: Shawn Stasiak
    test
  4. abztrakt

Shawn Stasiak? Fuck.

Likes: He was pretty funny when they made his character borderline-retarded during the Invasion and when he came back as Planet Stasiak. He was part of the Natural Born Thrillers (with coach KEVIN NASH). He got fired for taping conversations between his co-workers, which is kind of amusing.

Dislikes: He never really showed any sort of ability. Or charisma. Meat was an awful, awful gimmick. When he's being serious, he's terrible. He was the weak link in the Natural Born Thrillers. Not only was he terrible, but he was managed by Stacy Keibler, so whenever we got to see Stacy, we had to see this douche too. Also, he got most of his pushes because of who his dad was, and we was much more Erik Watts or Greg Gagne than Curt Hennig, Rock or even Randy Orton.

Next: Billy Gunn
    test
  5. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

Likes: I thought he was a pretty good comedic character with DX but he hit his stride with Billy n Chuck. He played the roll so perfectly, he seemed totally in love with Chuck. Also liked the Smoking Gunn's

Dislikes: Anything after Billy and Chuck. Kip James in TNA is awful, I do like BG James however, but Kip has to go.

Next: Disco Inferno
    test
  6. abztrakt

Likes: His gimmick of owing the mob money because of gambling debts was pretty funny. Wasn't too bad in the ring. His tag team with Alex Wright was money. Plus he's in jail now I think, so he has street cred.

Dislikes: Hasn't done anything worthwhile since WCW folded. Was mean to Magnum Tokyo and never gave him a chance to be a true Boogie Knight. His dance wasn't anywhere near as good as Alex Wright's.

Next: Juventud Guerrera
    test
  7. Macert Schumann

Macert Schumann Smaller than Life

Like: Kicked ass as a WCW cruiserweight. Capable of going toe-to-toe with anybody in those type of matches. Had a good feud with Jericho, but then again so did everyone else Jericho feuded with.

Dislike: Pretty much everything else. Mexicools sucked, and he isn't really capable of doing anything out of the mid-card or lower status. Doesn't have the same appeal as Rey Mysterio, and he shouldn't be used the same way.

next: Matt Hardy
    test
  8. abztrakt

Likes: MATTITUDE, Matt Facts, pretty much everything about the v1.0 character. Obviously the TLC matches were great. The Hardys are one of the best tag teams ever. He's pretty good in both singles and tag matches. He has very entertaining public breakdowns.

Dislikes: He looks like total white trash. He's a whiny little bitch. He was crying over LITA of all people. His hand gestures are pretty dumb. Other than during the 1.0 days, his promos are generally pretty awful.

Next: Randy Orton
    test
  9. Macert Schumann

Randy Orton

Likes: Started out disliking him, but he grew on me and became one of my favorites on current WWE programming. He's been able to handle the "legend killing" gimmick better than anyone I remember. Makes a good heel because his asshole attitude is sincere. Finally able to handle the main event status the WWE has been shoving him into for too long.

Dislikes: RKO. It usually just comes off awkward as fuck. Although it doesn't bother me as much as it once did simply because we have 1,000 people doing the spear and everything seems refreshing by comparison. I also wish they'd let him grow a little more as a character; sure, the cocky stuff is tried-and-true, but he's capable of making the fans hate him on deeper levels because a lot of them want to embrace him.

next: CM Punk
    test
  10. Nam Dekan

Likes: I liked him when he was doing the Gathering in TNA with Raven. I also have liked his feuds with Raven. He is also a good ring worker.

Dislikes: I hate the whole straight edge thing. I keep expecting for him to start telling us to take our vitamins and say our prayers. I dislike him in tights now, I always liked the shorts better..

Next: Alex Shelley
    test
  11. abztrakt

Likes: He was great in Generation Next in ROH and when they took that group over to TNA for a little while. He was also great in the Embassy in ROH. The Paparazzi videos are probably the funniest thing ever in wrestling, especially everything up to the PCS. He has awesome comedic chemistry with Nash. The Murder City Machine Guns are one of the two best tag teams out there right now. Not only are they smooth with their teamwork, but they've got personality as a team as well. He's got the cocky heel character down, but he could also easily get cheered if they let him or if he wanted to. He has a unique look, so he stands out a lot. He's being mentored by Nash, so obviously he's world champion material.

Dislike: That one hairstyle that was almost like a mullet. What the fuck was that? I don't know if he still has it because he hasn't been on TV in a while.

Next: Gregory Helms
    test
  12. abztrakt

Side note on CM Punk, the straight edge thing isn't so bad as long as he's a heel. Although maybe pushing straight edge good guy CM Punk would be a good thing for WWE to try right now instead of Lashley, the walking steroid endorsement.
    test
  13. Macert Schumann

Likes: One of the more misused talents in WWE. As Hurricane he was able to provide some entertaining moments despite having a retarded character; he was good enough to have quite a bit of talking time with the rock. His in-ring work is solid, and I think he's capable of being a solid mid-carder or ECW champion.

Dislikes: Post-hurricane Gregory Helms. He doesn't participate in anything besides cruiserweight feuds with no hype. WWE had him become another one of those guys that trades in his charismatic side to be boring and serious all of the time. (Angle, Big Show.)

Now try to type a like column for Bobby Lashley.
    test
  14. abztrakt

BOBBY LINDSEY

Like: His Titantron video that says "HARD HITTING. SOFT SPOKEN." makes me laugh every time.

Dislikes: He has pretty much zero charisma, not just when he talks, but in the ring as well. His matches are painfully boring and totally predictable. His powerslam is an even weaker finisher than the F-U and his spear is nothing to brag about either. He isn't believable whatsoever as the badass WWE wants us to think he is. His look is pretty much "generic black muscley guy" and he has nothing remarkable about him to make up for his generic look. He's being pushed way too hard and he doesn't seem ready at all. It seems like the more apathetic the crowd is toward him, the harder WWE tries to push him, and this could backfire because while the media is making a big deal about steroids, this guy is the definition of "unnatural physique". He really looks goofy as fuck no matter what he's doing. For pretty much the first half of this year, he was ruining two shows every week. His pose where he puts his thumbs in his armpits is retarded. He also looks like a turtle.

Next: Trevor Murdoch
    test
  15. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

hopefully more people will jump in, at least 1 more person besides me and abz would satisfy me.

Trevor Murdoch

Likes: I don't mind the whole Larry the Cable guy gimmick.

Dislikes: most everything else, really. Cade and Murdoch don't stand out as a tag team to me. His in-ring work is above Mark Henry and Viscera, but I don't find it outstanding. They are going to be lost in the shuffle even more with the arrival of the new deliverance style tag team they've been advertising. The angle they did with the Hardys recently had a Russonian flair that left me confused.

next - Christian Cage
    test
  16. abztrakt

Yeah, Abs and Mentos need to step it up.

Christian

Likes: He's great on the mic most of the time. He knows how to work in a gimmick match. He and Edge are one of the best tag teams ever. He's always worked hard, even when he obviously wasn't going to get pushed in WWE. He's great as a heel, whether it's a cool "the fans want to cheer him" heel or actually being hated. His interactions with his new stable, especially AJ, have been entertaining.

Dislikes: He can be pretty vanilla in the ring, especially in normal matches. He's never really been able to pull off being a face for an extended period of time, even though there are times when the fans really want to cheer him when he's a heel. He never seemed like a really credible world champion, although his second run was better than the first.

Next: Carlito
    test
  17. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Carlito

Likes: I think when WWE brought in his character, it actually started the new gimmick influx WWE. Before that, the most gimmicky people on the roster were maybe John Cena, La Resistance and JBL (or did JBL start after Carlito debuted? I'm not sure). I actually cared to watch the guy. He's definitely stepped it up since he first came in. I think he's really one of the most noteable WWE Superstars in this day. He catches on, and people aren't as prone to forget him. I think he brought a bigger focus back to charisma, because most newcomers didn't have it. Carlito could just walk out and it would cause a reaction. If he were just a guy walking down the street, people would look at him. He makes attempts to try to shine in his matches, and in a little way, he reminds me of Jericho in that respect. I like how instrumental he was in the Elimination Chamber. I like that period of time where he was on the higher end of the card.

Dislike: Currently, he reminds me of Jericho again in a bigger way, but not a good way. I think of the misuse of Jericho in WCW. When he first turned face it was OK, but I hate most of his days as a face overall. He was really out of his element, and I don't even think he could save himself if he tried. When he came in people used to compare him to the Rock. I don't think Carlito's mic abilities will ever evolve even close to that level. I think that has hurt his career a bit in the short term. I hesitate to think of seeing him come back in the future when he might be billed as a WWE Legend, and look at him like he's nothing more than a Bushwhacker. Because that's the status they have him at right now. Frankly, I think WWE can do a lot better with him.

Right now, I think Carlito's high point was actually when he had sort of an alliance with Chris Masters. I think he would have been a good choice to come over to Smackdown in the draft with Masters, had Undertaker still been around. There could have been some interesting stuff there.

Next: Umaga
    test
  18. abztrakt

UUUUUMAGAAAAAA

Likes: His ring style is fairly unique, especially among the WWE-style upper card guys and his offense fits his character perfectly. He legimately looks like a dude who could and would beat the shit out of you for no reason. His match against Cena at the Rumble is still one of the best of the year so far. I laugh every time I hear him yell "SAMOAAA" before his running ass attack. The character is something a little different from the usual "monsters" WWE pushes. He's managed to make his character completely different from 3MW Jamal, which is good since they don't acknowledge it's the same person.

Dislikes: I like most of his offense, but a thumb to the neck is a weak finisher. His running ass attack looks more deadly than the Samoan Spike. He seems totally lost out there without Estrada as his mouthpiece. Why did they get rid of him in the first place? His character borders on too gimmicky a lot of the time. I wish they would have explained WHY there was a Samoan savage in WWE, instead of that just being how it was. It's too much the early '90s.

Next: Monty "Marcus Cor Von" Brown
    test
  19. Nam Dekan

Monty Brown

Likes: I have liked this guy for a while now. I always felt he had that world champion look or someone who could be pushed as a main eventer. He carries himself well and isn't half bad on the mic. I think he is one of the better football players turned wrestler. I think TNA really dropped the ball with him, and the WWE is doing the same right now.

Dislikes: I really hate his current music, but his ring attire is better then his TNA jungle jammies. He isn't polished in the ring and really didn't want to advance that in TNA, but then again he has the look.

Next-Christopher Danniels
    test
  20. abztrakt

Christopher Daniels

Likes: He's done more than anyone to make indy wrestling in America as big as it is today, he's given almost every big name to come from the scene a break at some point. From what I've seen and heard, he's unselfish, both as far as teaching the younger guys and also putting them over. He knows how to put on a great match with almost anyone almost anywhere. He cuts good to great promos most of the time. He's helped to build the X-Division to the level it's at now, and ditto for ROH. Curry Man is probably the best alter-ego ever. He's a great heel, one of the few guys who have been able to get legitimately over as a heel in ROH without sucking in the ring too. His feud with Sting recently could've ended up really dumb, but he made it work.

Dislikes: I HATE the thing he does where he yells out the names of his moves before he tries them, especially "Angels Wings" and "Best Moonsault Ever". I don't really like his "and that's the gospel... according to the Fallen Angel" catchphrase either. He has to be one of the worst-dressed guys as far as non-ring clothes in TNA this side of Jeff "White Jeans" Jarrett. He's really vanilla as a face most of the time.

Next: Montel Vontavius Porter
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.