WRC Tapes... Did Marv and Quest take them?

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Revolutone, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jazegtnyvp

jazegtnyvp V.I.P. (BeastCoast NY)

I have to respectfully disagree. first of all the qualifiers were hype as fuck. second of all the playoffs were hype as fuck. the london division was hype as fuck. the ny division as well as a few other were just a lot tougher. obviously having no crowd makes it hard becuz there's no energy to feed off. but u also can't overcrowd the room with dickriders who over-react to everything yuou say. it was a real battle as much as any other battle is, just a slightly different format than traditional
    test
  2. jazegtnyvp

haha you're in for a surprise than buddy hate to tell ya cuz ull never see that even if the tapes do get released
    test
  3. jazegtnyvp

the entire 3 rounds of battle 2 of us vs melbourne is gone

that's 6 1:30 rounds between both teams.

yall missed alot

our first round in battle 1 against the britts got one of the biggest reactions of the night

to mention our best round against the aussies in battle one was round 1... also gone
    test
  4. SMEEGLE

SMEEGLE Active Member

I was always choked that I never got to see Twist and Rich vs Wapps and Juce. I'd kill to see this battle eventually at one point or another.
    test
  5. 3PFDPgh

3PFDPgh New Member

1st of all, I can't believe this is still an active discussion, but since it is, I'll chime in.

The reason I don't respect JO is not because of the tapes incident itself. It's because as a reaction to it they stopped doing the battle thing all together. They basically left all us battle fans out to dry until GT, KOTD came along. Respect for GT, KOTD and the others for picking up the ball that JO dropped. Congrats JO, you had something unique going, but instead you switched and became a commercial site that's just like every other one out there. I gave you props for the WRCs, but y'all droppin the ball was lame!
    test
  6. BinoSWI

BinoSWI Half Jamaikan Half Scouse

hall of shame material def
    test
  7. StayAwesome

StayAwesome Member

we're obviously never gonna see this footage but can y'all post your verses for each other?
    test
  8. Laugh N' Stalk

Laugh N' Stalk Well-Known Member

A. It was probably alot of freestyle, do you think they'd remember all that?
    B. It was what, 4 years ago?
    C. If they somehow had their verses on them (no idea how/why) it would probably take forever to type it all down. Why bother?
    test
  9. Pontus

Pontus _________________________

lol im sure Mac and saurus still want that WRC footage available for everyone to see.
    test
  10. ILLEATYAFACE

ILLEATYAFACE New Member

lol :funny::funny::funny:
    test
  11. reznick

reznick New Member

:funny::funny::funny:

oh fuck im dying over here
    test
  12. StayAwesome

StayAwesome Member

A.) it might have been a lot of freestyle but you'd be a fool to think no one prepared verses for specific teams.
    B.) unless they forgot them, time doesnt matter
    C.) we've seen Dizaster post his forgotten round against Locksmith. Tricky P posted a verse that he forgot against Rone. There was a whole topic about lost OTs that never happened. it doesnt hurt to ask if Wapps/Juce and 360/Anecdote would post them. If they dont want to or they can be recycled for other bars, then thats fine too.
    test
  13. ILLEATYAFACE

ILLEATYAFACE New Member

^ you got a link to them tricky p or diz verses?
    test
  14. StayAwesome

StayAwesome Member

test
  15. StayAwesome

StayAwesome Member

test
  16. Deffinition

Deffinition New Member

The tapes gettin stoles always gonna be one of the gayest things to ever happen in battling, thousands of fans who grew up (me) watchin that shit were robbed, the mc's were robbed n no I'm not gay before you ask
    If that shit happened to me I'd be pissed off for a long time

Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  17. BAdams421

BAdams421 New Member

cosign

10char
    test
  18. Pontus

Pontus _________________________

lol ive actually had theories of "incompetent camera men" who forgot to put the tapes in the camera and knew they would get burned at the stake for forgetting so they said "Hey guys you know what? someone stole the tapes!"
    test
  19. GraphicNature

GraphicNature Well-Known Member

actually you did........... but it really dosent matter anymore.....I never cared who took them in the first place.....which is why I dont understand why anyone cares now, GT has more than made of for the loss of footage from the 07 WRC's......JO was irresponsible and allowed a situation to go down where tapes were left unattended, where they could magically disapear with no one witnessing it.......sounds pretty fucking fishy to me....The WRC's was jumpoffs claim to fame......its kinda like driving your brand new beamer into the heart of Newark, leaving the keys in the ignition, and going into a club for a few hours.....You already know what the outcome is going to be....yet you do it anyway......also the time skips in the missing footage, plus the time amount in which the footage that went missing dosent add up.....people say it was multiple tapes that went missing, but common fuckin knowledge is that any type of videotape, regardless of the format hold hours upon hours of footage......yet multiple tapes went missing, and only about an hour and fifteen minutes couldnt be salvaged.......also they had secondary cameras running but only for certain battles, and not even for the complete battles....****ease....any halfwitted person already knows what really happened to the missing footage.....lets be serious
    test
  20. GraphicNature

GraphicNature Well-Known Member

This I have to disagree with, I must admit that the fanbase grown from grindtime has bred some pretty weak and lame followers who just want to follow the movment just to be able to say "Ive been watching rap battles for X amount of years" But at the same time, Battle rap was drastically losing views year after year........if it kept going at the same pace it was going at, then 5 to 10 years from now, the only people watching would be bracketed in the low 1000's, and give it 5 more years after that, and the only people interested in battle rap would be those who participated in it......So GT spawned hundreds of thousands of groupies.....but in a way, it saved a dying form of hip hop....you should actually be thankful, had it not been for the "horrible battle community" EG would still just be nothing but a Rapmusic know it all poster.....Psssh I thought you got wiser with age......but your still the same little cocky fucker I argued with 3 and a half years ago.......
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.