wowzers.

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by absolute zero, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

The Nuggets and Pistons have agreed in principle on a trade that would send Allen Iverson to Detroit and Chauncey Billups, Antonio McDyess and Cheikh Samb to Denver, sources have told ESPN.

The deal has not been finalized.

This would be the second time Iverson has been traded in two years. He was dealt by Philadelphia to Denver in December 2006, kicked out of Philly over irreconcilable differences as part of a package that brought Andre Miller to the 76ers.

ESPN - Sources: Denver Nuggets to trade Allen Iverson to Detroit Pistons

So Detroit could have a superstar scorer. But I'm not completely convinced this would catapult them into title contention.

Thoughts?
    test
  2. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

fuck iverson. i'd say detroit should keep chauncey and mcdyess.
    test
  3. Thoughtz

Thoughtz Well-Known Member

Stupid ass trade....seriously
    test
  4. DannyC

DannyC Stay golden, pony boy.

very stupid

this wouldnt catapult them to anything. it makes the pissed-on's worse. why would u give up chauncey for iverson? thats ridiculous
    test
  5. Thoughtz

Thoughtz Well-Known Member

Celtics vs Cavs for the ECF

case closed.
    test
  6. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

I disagree. When Chauncey went down in the playoffs last year and Stuckey was able to fill in and they didn't miss a beat lead me to believe that Chauncey isn't needed. I think this at least gives them a shot at doing something. With their current line up they knew that their ceiling was ECF.
    test
  7. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

that reminds me

does mc propaganda still post here?
    test
  8. M.T

M.T Registered User

Denver got the better of the deal.
    test
  9. dreddme

dreddme New Member

i dont know. rondo was picking chauncey apart in the play offs, i dont see him doing that now with iverson in tow. getting rid of mcdyess would of been big if they didn have j-max to fill in his spot. plus big shot billups wasnt hitting many big shots last year. and iverson is underated as far as assist. he has a higher career assist average the chauncey, plus u got to think about the defense he also brings to the team with his 2+ steals a game he brings. he'll be able to put up the points when the rest of the pistons go on a cold stretch and not many pg can cover him. i dont think this puts them at championship status but they are close.
    test
  10. DannyC

not since the pissed-on's lost the ECF
    test
  11. TruKaos

TruKaos I'll Box Your Ears

i was thinking the same thing.

i'll really miss chauncey, but i'm really excited about AI coming to detroit. rumor is we might get mcdyess back too, as he doesn't want to play for any team but the pistons.

i'm definitely interested to see where the season goes.
    test
  12. Fantom

Fantom :ihadadream:

even trade...

neither team will win a title anyhow...
    test
  13. .KeyNote.

.KeyNote. Guest

shocking to say the least
    test
  14. Preach

Preach The Peacekeeper

sounds like detroit will be fun to play with in 2k9
    test
  15. DannyC

oh shit i didnt even think of that

i gotta get to my bro's house asap
    test
  16. MC propaganda

MC propaganda Well-Known Member

I'm here every bball season. I don't post in this forum until that occurs, but i'm always around posting in others.

Anyway, i must be one of the only ones who sees where detroit is going with this trade. Dumars is a genius. Either greatness this year or next with all that cap space we can fuck around with. Something had to change. Sheeds next.
    test
  17. MC propaganda

Settle down, we can't all spend our entire life on here. I've posted on this board many times since they lost.
    test
  18. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

definitely a good addition....chauncey is good but too often disappears and too often looks disinterested...lacks intensity...in my opinion

AI is gon bring it without a doubt
    test
  19. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

AI has an expiring contract I believe, and Billups is on contract something like 2012. Denver will have like 7 players eating up there cap...So it could be good for Pistons...
    test
  20. MC propaganda

Exactly, which is what the sports analysts were talking about today.

Even if they dont get lebron, they have enough cap space to go after TWO allstar caliber players let alone 1 next year if we use it the cap space correctly. With wade, bosh, boozer, stoudamire, and more all having expiring contracts coming up, we'll be spectac if we land any of the above.

Anyone who thinks denver got the better deal in this case is an idiot. With AI being a much more consistent scorer and less likely to be fucked over by rondo than chauncy minus the playoff complacency, we're still in just as good as shape as we would have been with him imo. Win/Win situation.

Pistons have already been on a tear the last couple games without either one.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.