wowowowwowow.... Nick Diaz vs. Frank Shamrock at upcoming strikeforce?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by a la Allah, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Wow. One of the few times I've literally slapped my head in disgust because of a post.

Muay Thai, sanshou, and western kickboxing are all similar, but they are three totally different styles with their own unique sets of techniques and point systems. Muay Thai emphasises knees and elbows, sanshou has throws and catch kicks, and western kickboxing emphasises kicks above the waist.
    test
  2. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

nicks cardio and chin as well as his long frame at 155 make him a fucking menace for opponents

he will trade with you for about 10 minutes, then when youre tired and equally as beat up, he will let you make a mistake out of frustration, let you take him down and fuck you ups
    test
  3. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

im not being a dick , because memory doesnt serve me here

can you name a time ANYONE has mounted nick and stayed on top for a long gnp session?

because i cant
    test
  4. exothermic

exothermic Well-Known Member

in my eyes mua thai and sanshou are all under the same umbrella of kickboxing but do you
    test
  5. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

more like do you, hes right, you are not
    test
  6. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

nah, but I can't recall too many times he's really been rocked on his feet either. But I just think if Gomi can counter Diaz's shots, Frank should be able to do it better.

Also, I might be wrong, but isn't Frank quite a bit bigger than Diaz? He was LHW champ, while Diaz is usually in the WW range. Could make a substantial difference in the grappling.

Ionno, two tough mofos and two of my favorite all time fighters. Frank was one of the first MMA guys I actually kept up with. I was kinda hoping for Alvarez/Diaz, but this one is a fine replacement.
    test
  7. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Trust me, they're very different. I do Muay Thai, and watching sanshou guys drops my jaw sometimes.

here, just watch this and tell me it looks like any anderson silva (mt) or cro cop (kickbox) fight you've ever watched:

YouTube - 2003 Sanshou World Cup Highlight
    test
  8. exothermic

exothermic Well-Known Member

bro all i know is the kicks and punches are very similar in both mua thai and san thou, very few differences... san shou does incorporate throws/takedowns but the thing is that mua thai guys enter san shou events now with grappling training and alota schools that teach kungfu/sanshou teach strikes using elbows and knee's now... its different but its very similar is all im saying

anyways diaz ftw!!
    test
  9. ScimonomicS

ScimonomicS New Member

im not even that martial arts literate and i can tell that sanshou is hella different from muay thai.

that sanshou shit looks crazy as fuck though, any well known fighters use it?
    test
  10. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

test
  11. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

frank has been fighting at 185

nick has been fighting at 155-160 BUT fought at 170 in the ufc

im sure nick can put on weight , but that really plays against his strengths... he will be the smaller fighter in terms of sheer mass, but a few inches taller

nicks grappling is pretty top notch, i think hes good enough to overcome the size

it will be a war, i just dont get how dude acted like i was nuts to say nick could win the fight, the lack of respect for nick fuckin kills me
    test
  12. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

The possibility exists that Nick could win this fight, but you made it sound as if Nick was going to completely TOOL Frank. If you believe that, you are fucking nuts, period.

Anyway, the fight is now 100% official. Here's what's posted on Caesar Gracie's website.

Source: GracieFighter.com:
    test
  13. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

i did? thats odd, because when i re-read the post i wrote "nick is going to box his face off then sub him"

i guess youre the one whos fucking nuts, you have a very wild imagination pal
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.