WOW @ Bobby Petrino

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Three, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Three

Three :ill:

Jay Glazer
    FOXSports.com, Updated 13 minutes ago STORY TOOLS:

Bobby Petrino resigned as Atlanta Falcons coach on Tuesday and will take the head coaching job at Arkansas, sources told FOXSports.com. He lasted only 13 games with the NFL team.

Petrino called a staff meeting late Tuesday afternoon, a meeting which last about 10 seconds, sources said.
    "He just said to us, 'Guys I've resigned, I'm going to Arkansas. I'm sorry. I'll be talking with you guys in the future.' And with that he turned and walked out the door. We haven't been told anything else," said one assistant coach.

At this point, the assistant coaches have not been told who will be coaching the team going forward.

Petrino left Louisville to become Falcons coach in January for a five-year, $24 million contract, largely because Atlanta felt he could help star quarterback Michael Vick reach his full potential.
    test
  2. Three

Three :ill:

haha what a scumbag.
    test
  3. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

He's a coward. Once he knew vick wouldnt be back next year, he was finished.
    test
  4. Dark_Sun

Dark_Sun Phantom of the Forums

Should us hogs be thankful or disappointed?
    test
  5. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

He left Louisville to coach Michael Vick, with him out of the picture he's got no reason to be there. That team isn't exactly built to win anyway, they were designed for Michael Vick to sell tickets and jerseys and win 8 games. Petrino would win 4-5 games each of the next 2 years and be fired anyway so why waste each other's time? Good move for both parties involved.
    test
  6. Vintage Tox

Vintage Tox One Hundred Percent

This is actually pretty smart. What a perfect fucking time though, lol.
    test
  7. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

the falcons must feel like ish now
    test
  8. Dark_Sun

Dark_Sun Phantom of the Forums

The Falcons should've felt like shit when Vick and Petrino was there. This is forcing them to go into rebuilding mode to try and actually get some players and coaches there who want to win and not just sell some tickets...
    test
  9. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

He could've drafted his guy Brohm next year but he just didn't wanna be there. The Arkansas boosters and fans are among the most delusional in the country though so he better win fast.
    test
  10. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Sports are a revolving door... that's the nature of the business... I don't agree with him lying and quitting with 3 games to go... but quitting after the first year isn't so unusual... and any player who has ever held out of training camp because he wanted more dough or to be traded really can't say shit... quitting is quitting, even if you quit on a play or take a play off.

I think what football really needs to do is just stop the lying, the cliches and facades... it is what it is... people bounce all the time... it's hardly ever about loyalty, unless you're the Steelers' owner who probably should've fired Cowher a looong time ago, but held on and look what dividends they reaped for it. The Colts has a pretty loyal owner, too... other than that, they're all sharks... players, fans, owners, coaches everybody.
    test
  11. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

If it was truly a 10-second meeting of that fashion then he is a complete bitch. I would feel completely disrespected.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.