wow avery johnson got the axe first

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by mattafact, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattafact

mattafact My album > yours.

that sucks, but i guess when you can't come up with a way to stop d-wade in the finals and you get ousted in the first round as a no. 1 seed, yo job ain't safe.

I expect tomorrow's LA Times to read: Clippers Fire Dumbleavy, Hire Johnson : )
    test
  2. p. haze

p. haze slap boxed with jesus

.730 regular season win percentage as head coach.

under 500 for the playoffs. lol. they need to fire choke nowitski.
    test
  3. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

If Paxson hires him, I am done with the franchise until they both get fired.
    test
  4. mirhashimi

mirhashimi New Member

they dont got heart when they playin
    test
  5. the Prince

the Prince New Member

cuban is scratching his head, its not like jason kidd is any good
    test
  6. Thoughtz

Thoughtz Well-Known Member

wow..I really can't believe this

the Mavs have been much better with Avery at the helm

fuckin whack
    test
  7. MC propaganda

MC propaganda Well-Known Member

cant do any worse than scott skiles rofl.
    test
  8. Hardkore

Hardkore Blunts@TheBeach

pretty much shows that most team owners give a fuck less about the season and just care about how their teams produce in the playoffs.

makes sense. i just feel so bad. it's basically like getting straight A's all school year and failing the final exams.
    test
  9. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Avery Johnson is a good coach... his players just don't respect him and they have no heart... Dirk is a pussy and J. Kidd is too old... they should've never got rid of Devin Harris... he was the future of that franchise... blame the GM and Cuban for their failures, not Johnson.
    test
  10. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

ivory should sign the mle with the lakers. we could use another veteran in the locker room.
    test
  11. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

Dumb move. Guess Cuban has to blame someone.
    test
  12. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

should've never gotten rid of devon harris.
    test
  13. mattafact

mattafact My album > yours.

this reminds me of a less pleasant version of the nate mcmillan scenario in seatte. they offered mcmillan peanuts when his contract ran up and now he's with portland and has one of the most well-coached teams in the league.

seattle, not too far removed from a division title, is now a trainwreck and considered firing their new coach after just one year.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...dallas is gonna regret this in 2 years tops
    test
  14. Common_Sense79

Common_Sense79 Truth Peddler

the blame should start with cuban. only avery brought heart to that organization, game in and game out. i say he starts coaching the oklahoma sonics.
    test
  15. Ayem

Ayem I Heart Myself

trading for kidd was stupid, i said that before it happened

i wonder if don nelson will be like i retire, then avery comes back to the warriors

LETS GET ITTTTTT...

doubt it though cause keith smart's name is all over that coachin job when nelson leaves
    test
  16. M.T

M.T Registered User

Mark Cuban knows dick about basketball.
    test
  17. mr madness

mr madness Silly Bitch Say Whaaaaaat

This was some bulllllllllllshiiit. The nigga led us to the finals 2 years ago, and this is what happens. It ain't Dirk fault the refs gave Wade and Shaq a title. It ain't his fault mufuckas couldn't rotate when they trapped Chris Paul, that Josh Howard went 7-23423 in the series, that Dampier couldn't play consistent for more than 1 quarter, that Stackhouse is a fuck-up, that Dirk, Terry, and Bass were the only ones made the playoffs. They was looking for a scapegoat instead of sayin' fuck it we got outplayed in the playoffs, we gone go in next year, correct that shit and get it done. that shit happens. Horrible decision
    test
  18. ~Eloquent

~Eloquent Narcissistic....

i dont think he deserved it, they need to try to build much more of an inside defensive presence, so it will be interesting to see what Dallas does this offseason and hopefully upgrade their bench with younger players and hopefully another Center and Dirk definitely needs an inside game which he basically plays like a SF....
    I dont think Avery Johnson fired was the answer though....
    test
  19. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

You know, the more I think about it... maybe it was the right move... and that's not a slight against AJ... it's a slight against the players... how can you coach a team when the players don't respect you? When they don't buy into your philosophy? When they don't listen? When they have no heart?

AJ wasn't the right fit for them... the organization made some bad moves and made it worse... blaming him and using him as a scapegoat was wrong... but if they can't appreciate him, then it's a good thing he can move on.

That program will just fall deeper into the dust if they don't get it right.
    test
  20. EcHo

EcHo New Member

yeah..this shit is rediculous...the brother comes to coach every game...gets the most out of his team..preaches defense..but he got put in a situation this year where he couldn't win...if they would've been the 4 or 5 seed maybe even the 6th seed things would've went differently..i'd atleast have given the man one more year..that would've given him a enitre year with kidd and allowed the team to develop some type of chemisty instead of basically going out there and playing street ball and that's what they were doing. (my stephen a. smith impression)
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.